JoeSchmoe2017

2018 San Francisco filers

572 posts in this topic

Filed: Lift. Cond. (pnd) Country: China
Timeline

@Solid_Possibility@DandelionSF did you guys get the interview notice yet? I made an inquiry about a month ago and finally heard back from USCIS. Looks like the SF office is currently scheduling interviews received on or before March 28th.

AOS Filing progress:

Package Filed: Dec 16

USCIS Receipt Update: Dec 18

Bio Appointment : Jan 16

RFE Receipt: Jan 23

RFE USCIS Receipt: Jan 28

EAD Approved: Feb 23

EAD on hand: Feb 28

Interview Notice Received: June 10

Interview Scheduled: Aug 10

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Germany
Timeline

Yes, you are fifteen days ahead of me. Littleitaly is a month after me I think. Too bad you haven't heard yet. But the current 3/28 date sounds promising, thanks for asking littleitaly. 

I wanted to travel for summer, hope that we will be through in June latest.

N400SFWaitingTimes.png.dfe809ac4dcf99c86ec11c1088e1085b.png:

Hi Folks, Being statistically minded I did an analysis of interview waiting times (in days) vs filing dates through the SF Office, based solely on data available on VisaJourney (bear in mind this is a limited sample - there are THOUSANDS of applicants who never enter their timelines.) I also excluded some anomalously long times, assuming these people experienced some kind of problem.This shows that the typical waiting time for someone who applied in 3/18 is double that of someone who applied in 1/17. 

The growth is roughly linear, so if you apply now you might expect to wait roughly 2 years (!!). 

Timeline

Wow, thank you! Double...ugh. I looked last year and calculated with 250 days average, but this really shows the exponential growth. Sometime in 2017 the online filing was introduced, I think, and it was quicker than the paper version.

On 3/27/2019 at 9:32 PM, thedarkelf said:

April 06th here. Still haven't received the invite, I am guessing I will get the invite sometime this week or next week, with an interview for May (and ending in June). 😞

@thedarkelf - I haven't heard anything on my side (Apr 10th). Wonder if you had heard anything?

Received appointment for interview.

Date of application 04/02/2018

Date of appointment letter 04/04/2019

Date of interview 05/15/2019

3 hours ago, Ashanu said:

Received appointment for interview.

Date of application 04/02/2018

Date of appointment letter 04/04/2019

Date of interview 05/15/2019

@Ashanu - congrats! @thedarkelf - that means that you'll probably get yours in a couple days, and maybe I'll get it mine late this week. 🤞

Timeline

Congrats! That looks like a mid July oath for me then. I thought the time between interview notification and interview is shorter, May 15 is still long. Can't believe it, as I also wanted to travel in summer (not booked of course).

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.