JoeSchmoe2017

2018 San Francisco filers

572 posts in this topic

Just got the notice that my interview has been scheduled, but the letter giving the actual date of the interview has not yet appeared in my documents folder. My guess is third week of April.

For those of you still waiting, the notice came 361 days after I filed and 28 days after my counter went to zero. 

Interestingly the email was sent at 3.10 am PST, so I doubt that it was sent by a real person.

6 hours ago, JandMA said:

Just got the notice that my interview has been scheduled, but the letter giving the actual date of the interview has not yet appeared in my documents folder. My guess is third week of April.

For those of you still waiting, the notice came 361 days after I filed and 28 days after my counter went to zero. 

Interestingly the email was sent at 3.10 am PST, so I doubt that it was sent by a real person.

That's awesome news! My countdown went to zero on Saturday, so I guess I still have 24 more days go, which puts me at around April 6th... 

Filed: Lift. Cond. (pnd) Country: China
Timeline
4 minutes ago, Solid_Possibility said:

That's awesome news! My countdown went to zero on Saturday, so I guess I still have 24 more days go, which puts me at around April 6th... 

where do you see your countdown? Mine only shows we are taking longer than expected to process your case. 

6 minutes ago, Solid_Possibility said:

AOS Filing progress:

Package Filed: Dec 16

USCIS Receipt Update: Dec 18

Bio Appointment : Jan 16

RFE Receipt: Jan 23

RFE USCIS Receipt: Jan 28

EAD Approved: Feb 23

EAD on hand: Feb 28

Interview Notice Received: June 10

Interview Scheduled: Aug 10

4 minutes ago, littleitaly said:

where do you see your countdown? Mine only shows we are taking longer than expected to process your case. 

In the box on the lower part of the page. it used to have a day countdown, and now it says 'taking longer than expected to process your case'. it switched to this message on Saturday, after the countdown hit zero.

9 hours ago, Solid_Possibility said:

JandMA......... |03/16/15|03/17|03/22|03/22|04/09/18|--/--/--|03/12/19|04/19/19|--/--/--|San Francisco, CA|

So the ceremony came and went, and I'm now a US citizen! I didn't stick around to submit a passport app afterward, though, so I'm going to have to drop by the post office sometime.

UserName........|GC-Date.|Sent.|Cashd|NOA..|Fprints.|In Line.|Int ltr.|Intrvw..|Oath....|Field Office.....|NBC/IOE
zedkyuu.........|08/29/08|01/22|01/22|01/26|02/15/18|--/--/--|12/21/18|01/28/19|03/13/19|San Francisco, CA|IOE
Calberry........|06/04/07|02/05|02/14|02/13|03/08/18|--/--/--|01/18/19|02/25/19|03/13/19|San Francisco, CA|IOE
mitchy_ponsi ...|05/08/14|03/04|03/05|03/16|03/24/18|--/--/--|02/16/19|--/--/--|--/--/--|San Francisco, CA|IOE
JandMA......... |03/16/15|03/17|03/22|03/22|04/09/18|--/--/--|03/12/19|04/19/19|--/--/--|San Francisco, CA|
DandelionSF.....|01/14/08|04/25|04/25|04/28|05/15/18|--/--/--|--/--/--|--/--/--|--/--/--|San Francisco, CA|IOE
littleitaly.....|08/03/15|05/24|05/24|05/24|06/12/18|--/--/--|--/--/--|--/--/--|--/--/--|San Francisco, CA|
SemoNowe........|02/26/08|05/29|05/30|06/02|06/21/18|--/--/--|--/--/--|--/--/--|--/--/--|San Francisco....|IOE
Moonski.........|10/27/13|07/30|07/31|05/24|08/20/18|--/--/--|--/--/--|--/--/--|--/--/--|San Francisco, CA|
isy1025.........|11/10/13|08/13|08/13|08/13|08/22/18|--/--/--|--/--/--|--/--/--|--/--/--|San Francisco, CA|IOE
ip_84 ..........|03/11/15|08/15|08/15|08/15|09/12/18|--/--/--|--/--/--|--/--/--|--/--/--|San Francisco, CA|IOE
ramu2012........|10/21/13|09/01|09/01|09/02|09/24/18|--/--/--|--/--/--|--/--/--|--/--/--|San Francisco, CA|IOE
dakalti.........|09/15/18|10/01|10/08|10/08|10/29/18|--/--/--|--/--/--|--/--/--|--/--/--|San Francisco, CA|IOE
SusieQQQ........|12/26/13|10/01|10/01|10/01|10/22/18|--/--/--|--/--/--|--/--/--|--/--/--|San Francisco, CA|IOE

Instructions for adding/updating yourself (or assisting others) to this list:
1. DO NOT DELETE THESE INSTRUCTIONS.

2. Please use your VJ name to avoid confusion. 
3. Please make sure you are using Rich Text Editor as your message setting.
4. Copy this whole section including instructions and paste it to your typing field.
5. Make changes and Reply.

6. Red Font = "I'm A United States Citizen"!

Legend: 
GC-Date: The 'Resident Since' Date located on your first green card.
Sent: Date N-400 was mailed to USCIS.
Cashd: Date your check was cashed / credit card was charged by USCIS.
NOA: Receipt Notice Date Printed on your official I-797 notification.
Fprints: 
 Date assigned for fingerprinting (Bio-metrics). If you do your biometrics via walk-in prior to your scheduled appointment, please enter the date in bold blue.
In Line: Date you received e-notification about the start of your interview scheduling.
Int Ltr: Date you received the official letter in the mail regarding interview.
Interview: Date of your interview.
Oath: Date Oath taken.

Field Office: Your local USCIS office where you will have the N-400 interview.

2 hours ago, zedkyuu said:

So the ceremony came and went, and I'm now a US citizen! I didn't stick around to submit a passport app afterward, though, so I'm going to have to drop by the post office sometime.

likewise, my [afternoon] ceremony went smoothly. there were no street parking so I ended up going to the ACE parking garage nearby that charges $2 per 15 minutes and ended up spending $20. I need to figure out how to invest in parking garages near the paramount theater. it was my first time in the paramount theater and it's a beautiful space. I was struck by how low the security was which makes sense since the whole thing was really a celebration with live music and welcomes and congratulations. I guess for me anything with USCIS has always felt so strict with metal detectors and checking of IDs and forms that I wasn't used to this. my spouse, daughter, mother in law, and brother in law had to sit upstairs in the balcony and unfortunately I was in the back downstairs so they couldn't see me the entire time and I couldn't change seats since they give out the certificates based on your row number. the usher was super nice though and let my daughter sit with me so it didn't feel like a complete waste that my family came along. I too did not submit my passport application afterwards -- the line was huge so I was happy I had decided against it.

someone shared a story to me about a friend of his that was at a different oath ceremony. apparently he had a ticket for staying late at lake Anza. on one of the questions (on the back of the oath ceremony notice) about if you've had a ticket since your interview he answered [truthfully] yes but they couldn't find it on their database since it's a local park that issued the ticket. apparently it delayed his naturalization a whole year. I have no way of verifying the story but I don't know why they would make it up. I guess they take the final questionnaire on the back of the notice seriously!

good luck to everyone else on this thread. your day will come. and it will go smoothly too.

12 hours ago, zedkyuu said:

Hey zedkyuu and Calberry congratulations and thanks for all the info! Register to vote! And thanks zedkyuu for posting the updated list along with instructions... 

Timeline

Just checked my USCIS, and the countdown shows 25 days with case estimated completion date May 2019. Should I expect to receive interview letter in about 50 days?(25 days to count down zero+25 days after that) and interview scheduled one month after receiving the letter? Does the count down update daily?

I am also a I-751 pending filer, 3 years GC under marriage. Does anyone have similar situation?

AOS Filing progress:

5 minutes ago, littleitaly said:

Just checked my USCIS, and the countdown shows 25 days with case estimated completion date May 2019. Should I expect to receive interview letter in about 50 days?(25 days to count down zero+25 days after that) and interview scheduled one month after receiving the letter? Does the count down update daily?

I am also a I-751 pending filer, 3 years GC under marriage. Does anyone have similar situation?

My countdown expired on Mar 9th, and yes, it updated daily. I have seen a range from people in this forum on when they got the interview letter notice, ranging from 14 days after the countdown expires, to as long as 28 days (which was the latest person to get their interview letter). I am crossing my fingers that I'll get mine in the next two weeks.

Timeline
13 minutes ago, Solid_Possibility said:

My countdown expired on Mar 9th, and yes, it updated daily. I have seen a range from people in this forum on when they got the interview letter notice, ranging from 14 days after the countdown expires, to as long as 28 days (which was the latest person to get their interview letter). I am crossing my fingers that I'll get mine in the next two weeks.

what is it showing for you now after it expired on the 9th? Yes, finger crossed that you will get the letter soon! Keep us posted!!

AOS Filing progress:

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.