Bombayy

our experience with rescheduling IR-1 interview after the TB sputum test

15 posts in this topic

Since people here have been so helpful, I'm posting this in case others find it helpful: My husband is applying for an IR-1 via DCF in Mumbai. We did not expect Rele Clinic in Mumbai to refer him for further TB testing after identifying what they said was a dark spot on his lung X-ray, but after eight weeks, which ended Feb. 16, the TB sputum test was negative, as we had expected. Rele said it sent the medical report to the consulate on Monday, which happened to be a U.S. government holiday. I inquired on Tuesday if the consulate had received it, but it had not, and whoever responded to my email said the consulate would automatically get in touch after it received the medical report. We weren't sure how to proceed with the rescheduling of the interview, and the appointment calendar online showed nothing open in the next three months. But early this morning the consulate emailed my husband to see if he could come in for an interview TOMORROW at 7:30 a.m. -- probably a last-minute cancellation. Someone later called to confirm whether my husband could make that appointment, saying that Monday was also a possibility but that he had to confirm a cancellation first. We went ahead and went with the Friday appointment. Fingers crossed!

Edited by Bombayy

• 1 year later...
  • 1 month later...

Sorry for the delay, but I just saw this. We had not scheduled an interview before the TB test so we didn't have the same issue you are facing. But it would never hurt to contact the embassy to cancel it.

• 2 weeks later...
Filed: IR-5 Country: India
Timeline

On 2/22/2018 at 7:09 AM, Bombayy said:

Since people here have been so helpful, I'm posting this in case others find it helpful: My husband is applying for an IR-1 via DCF in Mumbai. We did not expect Rele Clinic in Mumbai to refer him for further TB testing after identifying what they said was a dark spot on his lung X-ray, but after eight weeks, which ended Feb. 16, the TB sputum test was negative, as we had expected. Rele said it sent the medical report to the consulate on Monday, which happened to be a U.S. government holiday. I inquired on Tuesday if the consulate had received it, but it had not, and whoever responded to my email said the consulate would automatically get in touch after it received the medical report. We weren't sure how to proceed with the rescheduling of the interview, and the appointment calendar online showed nothing open in the next three months. But early this morning the consulate emailed my husband to see if he could come in for an interview TOMORROW at 7:30 a.m. -- probably a last-minute cancellation. Someone later called to confirm whether my husband could make that appointment, saying that Monday was also a possibility but that he had to confirm a cancellation first. We went ahead and went with the Friday appointment. Fingers crossed!

Hello, 

My mom went through the same process and her sputum results came out negative. And now received a notification that I have to schedule an interview appointment online. With their portal given on how to schedule online, I did and it only shows up “no appointments available “ for each blue available date I clicked. I am not sure what that means.. I am still figuring out how to secure an interview slot. Did you went through the same thing? Please advise. Thanks so much! 

Timeline

@pratdalu I am in the exact same situation and not able to get any appointments. Have you had any luck yet? Thanks

On 4/26/2019 at 6:46 PM, pratdalu said:

@pratdalu I am in the exact same situation and not able to get any appointments. Have you had any luck yet? Thanks

On 4/26/2019 at 6:46 PM, pratdalu said:

Hello, 

My mom went through the same process and her sputum results came out negative. And now received a notification that I have to schedule an interview appointment online. With their portal given on how to schedule online, I did and it only shows up “no appointments available “ for each blue available date I clicked. I am not sure what that means.. I am still figuring out how to secure an interview slot. Did you went through the same thing? Please advise. Thanks so much! 

Timeline
On 5/3/2019 at 3:57 AM, ADandET said:

@ADandET  Yes, Medical exams passed and they said to book consular interview online. The interview was today, mom went but they said mom came to the building for biometrics which was already done in January. They sent my mom back and asked to reschedule again by going to category 2 only. I did exact same thing category 2 but they showed the biometrics address in a printout. So frustrating because of this online schedule system. Wish me luck in scheduling again.

Timeline
24 minutes ago, pratdalu said:

@ADandET  Yes, Medical exams passed and they said to book consular interview online. The interview was today, mom went but they said mom came to the building for biometrics which was already done in January. They sent my mom back and asked to reschedule again by going to category 2 only. I did exact same thing category 2 but they showed the biometrics address in a printout. So frustrating because of this online schedule system. Wish me luck in scheduling again.

@pratdalu Hope you get the Category 2 appointment soon. I can understand your frustration. Hang in there. Good luck with scheduling and the interview.

Edited by ADandET

• 4 weeks later...
Timeline

HI All,

My father is in same situation. After waiting for 2 moths to get the TB test results, Medical officer finally informed us that the result is negative. Now my questions are :

1) Does Medical officer will arrange my father immigrant visa interview or I have to call Embassy to schedule interview or I have to schedule the interview online ?

2) My father already did biometrics(OFC) with my Mom before 2 months, so while scheduling an interview  I have to take appointment for biometrics(OFC) appointment again or it is not required this time?

Thanks in Advance !

• 3 months later...
On ‎6‎/‎4‎/‎2019 at 1:48 PM, arpatel said:

HI All,

My father is in same situation. After waiting for 2 moths to get the TB test results, Medical officer finally informed us that the result is negative. Now my questions are :

1) Does Medical officer will arrange my father immigrant visa interview or I have to call Embassy to schedule interview or I have to schedule the interview online ?

2) My father already did biometrics(OFC) with my Mom before 2 months, so while scheduling an interview  I have to take appointment for biometrics(OFC) appointment again or it is not required this time?

Thanks in Advance !

Hello, In a similar situation. How was the interview scheduled after the sputum tests? Did you have to take biometrics again ?

• 4 months later...
Timeline

@GCparnts @arpatel @pratdalu

I am in same situation. My father's visa interview is now delayed due to additional TB tests.Can you please share your experience. How long it takes for Embassy to schedule the interview after TB test is negative and what is the process to schedule the interview? Thank you for your time and help.

Timeline
On 9/24/2019 at 2:07 PM, GCparnts said:

Hello, In a similar situation. How was the interview scheduled after the sputum tests? Did you have to take biometrics again ?

@GCparnts I am in same situation. Can you please guide how did you manage the interview scheduling after Sputum tests?

Timeline
30 minutes ago, jokey58 said:

@GCparnts @arpatel @pratdalu

I am in same situation. My father's visa interview is now delayed due to additional TB tests.Can you please share your experience. How long it takes for Embassy to schedule the interview after TB test is negative and what is the process to schedule the interview? Thank you for your time and help.

The medical officer who did your father's medical test will send all the reports to US Embassy and Embassy will Schedule interview for your father. If your father did bio-metrics already then He does not need to do that again. You can check with medical officer regarding the medical reports of your father and also call Embassy helpline number to check if they received that medical reports or not.

Note: If they request additional TB test then you can expect the interview delay would be at least 2 months depends on the Embassy workload.

If you have any questions, please send me message .

Good Luck !

34 minutes ago, jokey58 said:

@GCparnts I am in same situation. Can you please guide how did you manage the interview scheduling after Sputum tests?

Did medical officer inform you about the Sputum Tests Result ?

Timeline
On 1/27/2020 at 2:26 PM, arpatel said:

The medical officer who did your father's medical test will send all the reports to US Embassy and Embassy will Schedule interview for your father. If your father did bio-metrics already then He does not need to do that again. You can check with medical officer regarding the medical reports of your father and also call Embassy helpline number to check if they received that medical reports or not.

Note: If they request additional TB test then you can expect the interview delay would be at least 2 months depends on the Embassy workload.

If you have any questions, please send me message .

Good Luck !

Did medical officer inform you about the Sputum Tests Result ?

@arpatel I have sent you message for a question. Can you please respond to my message when you get a chance. Thank you.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

~~2 year old thread locked to further replies. Please  do not hijack other members threads for your own questions.~~

Spoiler

Met Playing Everquest in 2005
Engaged 9-15-2006
K-1 & 4 K-2'S
Filed 05-09-07
Interview 03-12-08
Visa received 04-21-08
Entry 05-06-08
Married 06-21-08
AOS X5
Filed 07-08-08
Cards Received01-22-09
Roc X5
Filed 10-17-10
Cards Received02-22-11
Citizenship
Filed 10-17-11
Interview 01-12-12
Oath 06-29-12

Citizenship for older 2 boys

Filed 03/08/2014

NOA/fee waiver 03/19/2014

Biometrics 04/15/14

Interview 05/29/14

In line for Oath 06/20/14

Oath 09/19/2014 We are all done! All USC no more USCIS

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.