FutureAmerican

What was the first conversation topic...

58 posts in this topic

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I was in an mirc chatroom a few days before Halloween, my favorite holiday, and I was talking about it and he joined the conversation by saying...I'm from Romania, the home of Dracula.

3dflagsdotcom_roman_2faws.gifaheart2.gif3dflagsdotcom_usa_2faws.gif

Our CR-1 Timeline

Feb 20, 2010 ~ We will file to remove conditions

We talked about how funny it was that he said he was fresh out of money. I thought that was a cute honest thing to say. Now I know why he is always fresh out of money. Bad spending habits!

The longer it takes to introduce yourself the less you've actually accomplished

After emailing and chatting online for a few weeks, I suggested that we talk on the phone to hear each other's accent (I had been out listening to a band and had a few drinks at that point so I thought it was a fabulous idea for a late night phone call). Our first topic of conversation was how strange it was to be talking and how we were never going to call each other again.

2e020152f8374f4fbd9014e3cc2c05fe.jpg

catcatadb20080508_-7_My%20child%20is.png

I asked him if he knew where I could find some 10 years old software for a certain type of palms.... :)

USAn Suomalaisten Foorumi <-- online place for the Finnish in US

Blog

938 days to get K-3.

AOS approved on day 1304.

Filed: Other Country: Canada
Timeline
After emailing and chatting online for a few weeks, I suggested that we talk on the phone to hear each other's accent (I had been out listening to a band and had a few drinks at that point so I thought it was a fabulous idea for a late night phone call). Our first topic of conversation was how strange it was to be talking and how we were never going to call each other again.

:lol: this sounds a lot like our first phone conversation.... he was drunk and I was really nervous... and he hadn't told me he was Mexican American ( he really doesn't have much of an accent but it just came out more because he was drunk, I guess).. anywho, I don't really remember much about what we talked about, I couldn't really understand what he was saying :lol: I kept saying, "Pardon Me" :lol::blush: .... we didn't talk on the phone again for almost 2 months....

Edited by MarilynP
mvSuprise-hug.gif

Filed: Country: Pakistan
Timeline

Our first conversation was about me trying to setup one of my friends with her neighbor. it worked out for my friend and I got the best reward I could ask for in return

:yes::yes::yes:

***I-130***

2006-12-14 I-130 Sent to Vermont Service Center

2007-01-12 I-130 NOA1

2007-04-06 Approved!

***I-129F (new form)***

2007-01-31 I-129F Sent to Chicago

2007-02-07 I-129F NOA1

2007-04-06 Approved!

***US Embassy Islamabad***

2007-04-25 Packet Received by my wife

2007-05-15 Medical Exam

2007-05-29 Interview Approved!

2007-05-29 AP starts

2007-11-01 Wife got call to pickup her Visa from American Express

2008-01-12 POE at JFK

***I-485***

2008-11-10 I-485 Sent to Chicago

2008-11-20 Payment accepted

2008-11-22 I-485 NOA1

2009-01-09 Biometric

2009-03-08 Interview Letter

2009-04-08 Interview Approved!

2009-04-08 Welcome letter received

2009-04-18 Green Card Received

USA_b.gifpakistan_b.gif

Disclaimer: I'm not a lawyer and anything posted is just my own opinion

Filed: Country: Germany
Timeline

:lol: this sounds a lot like our first phone conversation.... he was drunk and I was really nervous... and he hadn't told me he was Mexican American ( he really doesn't have much of an accent but it just came out more because he was drunk, I guess).. anywho, I don't really remember much about what we talked about, I couldn't really understand what he was saying :lol: I kept saying, "Pardon Me" :lol::blush: .... we didn't talk on the phone again for almost 2 months....

Well, tbh, I we "met" on an online message board/community and I thought he was gay (very long story). He posted his pic and I asked if I could make him straight (jokingly). Turns out he wasn't gay, good for me! Our first real conversation was on the phone about 3 months after that first comment....I was so nervous and I couldn't understand his accent at all and kept having to say "I'm sorry?" over and over. Now I don't even notice his accent.

Done with USCIS until 12/28/2020!

penguinpasscanada.jpg

"What difference does it make to the dead, the orphans, and the homeless, whether the mad destruction is wrought under the name of totalitarianism or the holy name of liberty and democracy?" ~Gandhi

We were serving as counselors ata handi-camp and we were sitting next to each other. She said she was from Alberta, and I asked "the whole part?" She didn't want to say Coutts. We chatted here and there during the week. emailed off and on for a year saw each other the next year, emailed for that summer before anything happened. Our first call was about the camp, church(Christian camp), and accents/differences with the US and Canada.

CIS Office : Philadelphia PA

08/25/09 I-751 Sent to VSC

08/26/09 Package arrives at VSC

08/31/09 Check is Cashed/Clears

08/27/09 NOA

09/24/09 Biometrics

11/24/09 Approval letter arrives!

We talked about our lives!

DCF - London

18 Jul 04 - Police Certificate Requested

19 Jul 04 - I-130 sent

22 Jul 04 - NOA I-130 logged with INS

29 Jul 04 - DS230 sent

29 Jul 04 - Had vaccinations

14 Aug 04 - Police Certificate Received

30 Sept 04 - I-130 approved

30 Nov 04 - Received I-864 from co sponsor

04 Dec 04 - Sent DS2001

13 Jan 05 - Interview date 04 Feb 05

04 Feb 05 - VISA APPROVED!!!

08 Feb 05 - Proud owner of IR-1 Visa

09 Jun 05 - Arrived in the USA

24 April 09 - US Citizen

26551rm8.th.jpg

Filed: Country: Singapore
Timeline

Him: "Do you guys need help with your quest?"

Me: "Umm yeah, do you mind?"

:lol:

That was in early Dec 2002 in the game, Dark Age of Camelot. I was a playing a cleric in her teens and he was playing a scout that was several levels higher than me.

First personal conversation a week later was about someone's comment about marriage, although I cannot remember the details.

We talked about our family,cultures,beliefs,favorites ,country and oh..can't forget how he brag his chinese ex-girlfriend..lol!!..and look how far we beat the odds now..(llove u sweetie :luv: )!

LUZ.gif

Bible.jpgcm66.gifFor my dear Mother - May 10 '44 -Sept 14 '07