AL-MJD

Singapore K1 filers (2017-18)

226 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Singapore
Timeline
14 hours ago, AL-MJD said:

Hi! I see from your immigration timeline that you have not received your NOA2.

Here is my list that I've been collecting over the last months, thanks to the excellent information on this website:

1. NOA2
-USCIS CUSTOMER SERVICE
https://www.uscis.gov/about-us/contact-us/national-customer-service-center
800-375-5283

-ESCALATION
First try shooting off an email to the Ombudsman at cisombudsman@HQ.DHS.GOV The Ombudsman provides an impartial and independent perspective to USCIS in an attempt to resolve problems.

Second try your U.S. representative's contact information can be found in this handy directory, and your U.S. senator's information is in this one.

If you receive a response and it contains anyone of these sentences this will be the meaning of that phrase.

If the CSC response is due to a congressional case worker inquiry, the service center will say "security checks"

If the CSC response is from a regular service inquiry from their website, the service center will say "adjudication"

Third
Schedule a INFOPASS meeting here: https://my.uscis.gov/appointment While you are on the page scroll to the bottom and there are a number of other ways have getting information on your case.

2. DS-160
-WORK ON TOGETHER
-MS EDGE BROWSER WORKS BEST
-PAY $265 (https://ceac.state.gov/genniv/)
-BENEFICIARY SUBMITS ONLINE
-INSTRUCTIONS: https://ceac.state.gov/genniv/Common/Instructions.aspx
-FAQ: https://travel.state.gov/content/travel/en/us-visas/visa-information-resources/forms/ds-160-online-nonimmigrant-visa-application/ds-160-faqs.html

3. NVC CASE NUMBER
-603-334-0700
*Begin calling after two weeks
*Best time after 6pm (EST) on weeknights
*If the first thing you hear is a voice, it will be a recording with a message that says there's a large call volume and then (eventually) hangs up.  Continue to hang up and call again until the first thing you hear is a ring.
*After this, you'll need to press two buttons: 1 for English or 2 for Spanish... and then 7 to ask a question.
*You could be on hold anywhere from a minute to an hour.  Hopefully the hour would be absolute worst case scenario- just don't plan to do this when you only have 5 minutes of time to spare!
*When a CSR is ready to speak, you will hear their phone ring.  They will ask you for your case number. The number to give them is the USCIS number that you have been monitoring for the past few months, it should begin with WAC2018...
*When you tell them your number they will put it into their system query.  Likely, on your first call, they will say that your file is not there yet, and then tell you that it can take many weeks to arrive.  If your file isn't there, thank them and tell them cheerfully that you will call again tomorrow
*The mail only runs once per day, so multiple calls in a single day will only irritate them.  Call after 6pm.  If your file has arrived at NVC that day, it will be there.  If not, then call the next day after 6pm.
*When you give them your case file and they ask you for additional information, it means that your file has arrived!!!  You must then tell them the petitioner's full name (that's yours) and birthdate, and the beneficiary's full name and birthdate.  This is their security check, so know this information before you call.
*They will then tell you your Case File Number if it has been assigned. Sometimes it takes several days to have a case file assigned- sometimes it is assigned the same day.
*Your case number will have a 3-letter Prefix relative to your beneficiary's embassy city, followed by 2018, and then two 3-digit numbers.
*You are required to provide the following security information with each inquiry to receive a case specific response:
*NVC Case Number or USCIS Receipt Number (Place in the subject line of the e-mail).
*Petitioner's name and date of birth.
*Principal applicant's name and date of birth.
-CHECK NVC CASE STATUS (https://ceac.state.gov/ceacstattracker/status.aspx)

4. SCHEDULE MEDICAL EXAM
    Fullerton Healthcare / Drs. Horne & Chin Pte Ltd
    391B Orchard Road #25-01/02/07/08
    Ngee Ann City Tower B
    Singapore 238874
    Tel: 6664-3804
    Email: hcpl@fullertonhealthcare.com
-VISA APPOINTMENT LETTER
-CONFIRMATION PAGE DS-160
-PASSPORT
-4 PASSPORT PHOTOS – WHITE BACKGROUND
-IMMUNIZATION RECORD + VARICELLA RESULT
-FORM OF PAYMENT (CASH, CREDIT CARD)
-KEEP X-RAYS FOR ENTRY INTO USA

5. EMBASSY SENDS PACKAGE 3 AFTER CASE RECEIVED FROM NVC

6. SEND PACKAGE TO EMBASSY
-SIGNED / DATED STATEMENT FROM PACKAGE 3
-CHECKLIST FROM PACKAGE 3
-PAYMENT RECEIPT
-DS-160 CONFIRMATION PAGE

7. INTERVIEW WILL BE SCHEDULED FOR YOU

8. ATTEND INTERVIEW
-PRINTED DS-160 CONFIRMATION
-PASSPORT COPY (BENEFICIARY)
-PASSPORT COPY (BENEFICIARY - NAME & PHOTO PAGE ONLY)
-BIRTH CERTIFICATE + COPY (ENGLISH)
-POLICE CERTIFICATE SINGAPORE (NEWER THAN 6 MONTHS)
-2 PASSPORT PHOTOS – WHITE BACKGROUND (BENEFICIARY)
–OATH AT END (BENEFICIARY)

–BOARDING PASSES
–VISA STAMPS
-PHOTOS
-COMMUNICATION EXAMPLES
-UPDATED LETTERS OF INTENT

-PAY STUBS
-EMPLOYER LETTER
-SIGN AND DATE I-134 (LATEST EXPIRES 11/30/2018)
-IRS TRANSCRIPTS
-TAX RETURNS
-W-2 FORMS

-PASSPORT COPY (PETITIONER)
-COPY OF I-129F PACKET

It's a rough sketch, but if someone wanted to look over it and let me know if I'm missing something (or maybe have too much), I'd be grateful.

Just wanted to share, as well, maybe it helps someone.

Thanks!

Duane & Haney

Edited by Duane & Haney

01/20/2018 – DAY 000 – I-129F packet sent via FedEx

01/22/2018 – DAY 002 – I-129F packet delivered to Lewisville, TX in AM

01/26/2018 – DAY 005 – I-129F text & e-mail confirmation received, check cashed

02/01/2018 – DAY 011 – I-129F NOA1 hard copy received (postmark 1/29 CA to MI)

09/14/2018 – DAY 237 – "official" I-129F NOA2 approval date per paper NOA2

09/17/2018 – DAY 240 – approval date I-129F NOA2 per phone app and "old" USCIS website

09/18/2018 – DAY 241 – call automated USCIS 1-800 number, approval I-129F confirmed

09/19/2018 – DAY 242 – consult new USCIS website. Updated two days late, but approved!

09/21/2018 – DAY 245 – received hardcopy of NOA2 in the mail

10/01/2018 – DAY 255 – NVC received petition from USCIS and case number assigned

10/16/2018 – DAY 270 – NVC sends case file via DHL to Singapore embassy – CEAC status "In Transit"

10/19/2018 – DAY 273 – per DHL tracking case file received by Singapore embassy (Friday)

10/22/2018 – DAY 276 – status per CEAC website tracker now officially "READY" (Monday)

10/23/2018 – DAY 277 – packet 3 sent out by embassy via registered mail

10/25/2018 – DAY 279 – packet 3 delivered to incorrect address, SingPost mail redirect did not work!

10/29/2018 – DAY 283 – contacted embassy and received tracking information for packet 3

10/30/2018 – DAY 284 – retrieved packet 3 directly from SingPost, returned packet 3 via speedpost

10/31/2018 – DAY 285 – packet 3 received by embassy

10/31/2018 – DAY 285 – packet 4 e-mail received from embassy – interview date November 20th

11/01/2018 – DAY 286 – medical exam at Fullerton Clinic completed successfully

11/15/2018 – DAY 300 – medical exam report sent by clinic to embassy

11/20/2018 – DAY 305 – interview in embassy PASSED! review here

11/27/2018 – DAY 312 – K-1 visa picked up at Aramex

01/16/2019 – DAY 362 – POE Detroit Metro Airport review here

05/04/2019 – DAY 470 – send AOS packet (I-485, I-765, I-131)

05/09/2019 – DAY 475 – NOA date I-485 / I-765 / I-131

07/11/2019 – DAY 538 – NOA interview – scheduled for 8/22 Detroit Field Office

• 2 weeks later...
On 8/22/2018 at 12:25 AM, Duane & Haney said:

Here is my list that I've been collecting over the last months, thanks to the excellent information on this website:

1. NOA2
-USCIS CUSTOMER SERVICE
https://www.uscis.gov/about-us/contact-us/national-customer-service-center
800-375-5283

-ESCALATION
First try shooting off an email to the Ombudsman at cisombudsman@HQ.DHS.GOV The Ombudsman provides an impartial and independent perspective to USCIS in an attempt to resolve problems.

Second try your U.S. representative's contact information can be found in this handy directory, and your U.S. senator's information is in this one.

If you receive a response and it contains anyone of these sentences this will be the meaning of that phrase.

If the CSC response is due to a congressional case worker inquiry, the service center will say "security checks"

If the CSC response is from a regular service inquiry from their website, the service center will say "adjudication"

Third
Schedule a INFOPASS meeting here: https://my.uscis.gov/appointment While you are on the page scroll to the bottom and there are a number of other ways have getting information on your case.

2. DS-160
-WORK ON TOGETHER
-MS EDGE BROWSER WORKS BEST
-BENEFICIARY SUBMITS ONLINE
-FAQ: https://travel.state.gov/content/travel/en/us-visas/visa-information-resources/forms/ds-160-online-nonimmigrant-visa-application/ds-160-faqs.html

3. NVC CASE NUMBER
-603-334-0700
*If the first thing you hear is a voice, it will be a recording with a message that says there's a large call volume and then (eventually) hangs up.  Continue to hang up and call again until the first thing you hear is a ring.
*After this, you'll need to press two buttons: 1 for English or 2 for Spanish... and then 7 to ask a question.
*You could be on hold anywhere from a minute to an hour.  Hopefully the hour would be absolute worst case scenario- just don't plan to do this when you only have 5 minutes of time to spare!
*When a CSR is ready to speak, you will hear their phone ring.  They will ask you for your case number. The number to give them is the USCIS number that you have been monitoring for the past few months, it should begin with WAC2018...
*When you tell them your number they will put it into their system query.  Likely, on your first call, they will say that your file is not there yet, and then tell you that it can take many weeks to arrive.  If your file isn't there, thank them and tell them cheerfully that you will call again tomorrow
*The mail only runs once per day, so multiple calls in a single day will only irritate them.  Call after 6pm.  If your file has arrived at NVC that day, it will be there.  If not, then call the next day after 6pm.
*When you give them your case file and they ask you for additional information, it means that your file has arrived!!!  You must then tell them the petitioner's full name (that's yours) and birthdate, and the beneficiary's full name and birthdate.  This is their security check, so know this information before you call.
*They will then tell you your Case File Number if it has been assigned. Sometimes it takes several days to have a case file assigned- sometimes it is assigned the same day.
*Your case number will have a 3-letter Prefix relative to your beneficiary's embassy city, followed by 2018, and then two 3-digit numbers.
*You are required to provide the following security information with each inquiry to receive a case specific response:
*NVC Case Number or USCIS Receipt Number (Place in the subject line of the e-mail).

4. SCHEDULE MEDICAL EXAM
    Ngee Ann City Tower B
    Singapore 238874
-VISA APPOINTMENT LETTER
-PASSPORT
-4 PASSPORT PHOTOS – WHITE BACKGROUND
-IMMUNIZATION RECORD + VARICELLA RESULT

5. EMBASSY SENDS PACKAGE 3 AFTER CASE RECEIVED FROM NVC

-PAYMENT RECEIPT

7. INTERVIEW WILL BE SCHEDULED FOR YOU

8. ATTEND INTERVIEW
-PASSPORT COPY (BENEFICIARY)
-BIRTH CERTIFICATE + COPY (ENGLISH)

–BOARDING PASSES
–VISA STAMPS
-PHOTOS
-COMMUNICATION EXAMPLES

-PAY STUBS
-EMPLOYER LETTER
-IRS TRANSCRIPTS
-TAX RETURNS
-W-2 FORMS

-COPY OF I-129F PACKET

It's a rough sketch, but if someone wanted to look over it and let me know if I'm missing something (or maybe have too much), I'd be grateful.

Just wanted to share, as well, maybe it helps someone.

Thanks!

Duane & Haney

Hi Duane & Haney,

This is an excellent summary.

-Medical Exam

Just for Medical Exam, I think you have to wait for P3 package from Embassy first.

You will need to bring a paper included in P3 from Embassy which has your case number on it.  Not really a visa appointment letter.

I think it is a good idea that you wait for your P3 first and then schedule your medical.

-Interview

For the financial documents, I  brought pay slips but the embassy didn't want it. They took away the recent tax return and an employment letter.

Maybe you can also have a new update version of Marry Intent from both beneficiary and petitioner just in case.

The rest looks perfect. 

Just noted that the P3 is sent via a registered mail to your beneficiary and interview date comes from an email from embassy.

All the best!

I751:

Mailed: 3th May 2021

Delivered: 5th May 2021

Rejected due to missing signature: 26th May 2021

Resend: 26th May 2021

Delivered: 28th May 2021

Timeline
9 hours ago, CCCCCF said:

Hi Duane & Haney,

This is an excellent summary.

-Medical Exam

Just for Medical Exam, I think you have to wait for P3 package from Embassy first.

You will need to bring a paper included in P3 from Embassy which has your case number on it.  Not really a visa appointment letter.

I think it is a good idea that you wait for your P3 first and then schedule your medical.

-Interview

For the financial documents, I  brought pay slips but the embassy didn't want it. They took away the recent tax return and an employment letter.

Maybe you can also have a new update version of Marry Intent from both beneficiary and petitioner just in case.

The rest looks perfect. 

Just noted that the P3 is sent via a registered mail to your beneficiary and interview date comes from an email from embassy.

All the best!

Hello CCCCCF, thank you! Really appreciate the help and support. :-)

updated list below:

1. NOA2
-USCIS CUSTOMER SERVICE
-https://www.uscis.gov/about-us/contact-us/national-customer-service-center
-800-375-5283
***Call the USCIS # and tell them you don't have your receipt number. Then they will connect you to a Tier 1 agent. Tell the Tier 1 agent that you want to speak to Tier 2. They will transfer you and if the hold time is crazy long, they will call you back so you do not have to stay on the phone. I call every few days. It is easy.***

Third schedule a INFORPASS meeting here: https://my.uscis.gov/appointment While you are on the page scroll to the bottom and there are a number of other ways have getting information on your case.

2. DS-160
-DO TOGETHER
-MS EDGE BROWSER
-BENEFICIARY SUBMITS
-FAQ: https://travel.state.gov/content/travel/en/us-visas/visa-information-resources/forms/ds-160

-online-nonimmigrant-visa-application/ds-160-faqs.html

3. NVC CASE NUMBER
-603-334-0700

4. EMBASSY SENDS PACKAGE 3 AFTER CASE RECEIVED FROM NVC – SENT BY REGISTERED MAIL TO BENEFICIARY

5. SCHEDULE MEDICAL EXAM
    Ngee Ann City Tower B
    Singapore 238874
-PAPER FROM PACKAGE 3 WITH CASE NUMBER ON IT
-PASSPORT
-4 PASSPORT PHOTOS – WHITE BACKGROUND (BENEFICIARY)
-IMMUNIZATION RECORD

-PAYMENT RECEIPT

7. INTERVIEW WILL BE SCHEDULED FOR YOU - EMBASSY SENDS INTERVIEW DATE IN E-MAIL

8. ATTEND INTERVIEW
-PASSPORT (BENEFICIARY)
-BIRTH CERTIFICATE
-POLICE CERTIFICATE PHILIPPINES*
-ORIGINAL DIVORCE CERTIFICATE (PETITIONER)*
-CENOMAR DIRECT TO EMBASSY (BENEFICIARY)*

-VISIT SCHEDULES
–BOARDING PASSES
–VISA STAMPS
–CHAT LOGS
–SKYPE LOGS
-PAY STUBS – MAY NOT BE NECESSARY
-EMPLOYER LETTER
-SIGN AND DATE I-864
-IRS TRANSCRIPTS
-TAX RETURNS
-W-2 FORMS

-COPY OF I-129F PACKET
-COPY OF BIRTH CERTIFICATE
-G-884

Duane & Haney

09/17/2018 – DAY 240 – approval date I-129F NOA2 per phone app and "old" USCIS website

09/18/2018 – DAY 241 – call automated USCIS 1-800 number, approval I-129F confirmed

09/19/2018 – DAY 242 – consult new USCIS website. Updated two days late, but approved!

10/01/2018 – DAY 255 – NVC received petition from USCIS and case number assigned

10/16/2018 – DAY 270 – NVC sends case file via DHL to Singapore embassy – CEAC status "In Transit"

10/19/2018 – DAY 273 – per DHL tracking case file received by Singapore embassy (Friday)

10/22/2018 – DAY 276 – status per CEAC website tracker now officially "READY" (Monday)

10/25/2018 – DAY 279 – packet 3 delivered to incorrect address, SingPost mail redirect did not work!

10/29/2018 – DAY 283 – contacted embassy and received tracking information for packet 3

10/30/2018 – DAY 284 – retrieved packet 3 directly from SingPost, returned packet 3 via speedpost

10/31/2018 – DAY 285 – packet 4 e-mail received from embassy – interview date November 20th

8 minutes ago, Duane & Haney said:

Hello CCCCCF, thank you! Really appreciate the help and support. 🙂

updated list below:

1. NOA2
-USCIS CUSTOMER SERVICE
-https://www.uscis.gov/about-us/contact-us/national-customer-service-center
-800-375-5283
***Call the USCIS # and tell them you don't have your receipt number. Then they will connect you to a Tier 1 agent. Tell the Tier 1 agent that you want to speak to Tier 2. They will transfer you and if the hold time is crazy long, they will call you back so you do not have to stay on the phone. I call every few days. It is easy.***

Third schedule a INFORPASS meeting here: https://my.uscis.gov/appointment While you are on the page scroll to the bottom and there are a number of other ways have getting information on your case.

2. DS-160
-DO TOGETHER
-MS EDGE BROWSER
-BENEFICIARY SUBMITS
-FAQ: https://travel.state.gov/content/travel/en/us-visas/visa-information-resources/forms/ds-160

-online-nonimmigrant-visa-application/ds-160-faqs.html

3. NVC CASE NUMBER
-603-334-0700

4. EMBASSY SENDS PACKAGE 3 AFTER CASE RECEIVED FROM NVC – SENT BY REGISTERED MAIL TO BENEFICIARY

5. SCHEDULE MEDICAL EXAM
    Ngee Ann City Tower B
    Singapore 238874
-PAPER FROM PACKAGE 3 WITH CASE NUMBER ON IT
-PASSPORT
-4 PASSPORT PHOTOS – WHITE BACKGROUND (BENEFICIARY)
-IMMUNIZATION RECORD

-PAYMENT RECEIPT

7. INTERVIEW WILL BE SCHEDULED FOR YOU - EMBASSY SENDS INTERVIEW DATE IN E-MAIL

8. ATTEND INTERVIEW
-PASSPORT (BENEFICIARY)
-BIRTH CERTIFICATE
-POLICE CERTIFICATE PHILIPPINES*
-ORIGINAL DIVORCE CERTIFICATE (PETITIONER)*
-CENOMAR DIRECT TO EMBASSY (BENEFICIARY)*

-VISIT SCHEDULES
–BOARDING PASSES
–VISA STAMPS
–CHAT LOGS
–SKYPE LOGS
-PAY STUBS – MAY NOT BE NECESSARY
-EMPLOYER LETTER
-SIGN AND DATE I-864
-IRS TRANSCRIPTS
-TAX RETURNS
-W-2 FORMS

-COPY OF I-129F PACKET
-COPY OF BIRTH CERTIFICATE
-G-884

Duane & Haney

Looks good !

Oh, the OATH could be at the begining.

And fingerprints will be taken. Left hand, right hand, and two thumbs together.

I751:

Timeline
16 hours ago, CCCCCF said:

Looks good !

Oh, the OATH could be at the begining.

And fingerprints will be taken. Left hand, right hand, and two thumbs together.

Thanks CCCCCF!

What I'll do is update this once we're through the process...first we have to get NOA2. 😄

Hope you have a great weekend and again, thanks!

Duane & Haney

• 2 weeks later...

Hi  everyone, I have got my passport back today and I would like to share some additional info about the status change as I think it is slightly different from previous cases.

1. NOA2 date (25th May but I only see it online on 29th May)

2. At NVC (13th June)

3. In Transit (26th June)

4. Ready (9th July - 10th July) (they sent out the P3 on 10th July)

5. P3 received on 12th July and sent back on 12th July

6. Remain Ready (10th July)

7. Ready (10th Aug) -On 10th Aug, I was informed with an interview date thus the last update date changed to 10th Aug

8. Ready (27th Aug) -On 27th Aug, the embassy sent me a reminder about my interview date. (Somehow I think they checked my case as last update date becomes  24th Aug instead of 10th Aug but I can't remember now.)

9. Ready (29th Aug) - This is my interview date

10. 'Administrative Processing' Immigrant Visa - (30th Aug - 7th Sep)

11. 'Application Received' (7th Sep)- it becomes Non-Immigrant Visa and both create date and last update date become 7th Sep

12. 'Administrative Processing'(7th Sep) - The previous status only remained for a few minutes I think and then it becomes 'AP'

13. 'Issued' (10th Sep)

Visa on hand - 11th Sep

I choose to pick up my passport at Aramex Chinatown.

After 'Issued', you can track your passport using CGI website: http://www.ustraveldocs.com/eg/eg-niv-passporttrack.asp#PassportTrackingOptions

Or you can also email:  passportstatus@ustraveldocs.com

with Passport Number as title and passport number as the only content.

(Don't panic, it will probably show something like no status at first, you may wait for a few hours after you see 'Issued', as later it will become 'Passport has been received from the consular section, and is currently being processed for delivery)

My guess is that the embassy will hand over all the passport in evening but I am not sure. 

Aramex is very efficient, they called me around 10:50am (their office hour starts from 9:00am) on 11th Sep, and I also receive an email saying my passport is ready to be picked up around 11:40am.

But it is totally ok for you to call them before they contact you if you need your passport as soon as possible.

One business day is probably enough to pick up your passport, just call Aramex the 2nd day after you see 'Issued' status.

They will ask you for your passport number.

For those who choose to pick up your passport at Aramex Chinatown, it is really convenient. 

Take either Downtown line or purple line, and get to Chinatown Station. Go to exit D, and the building is just outside exit D.

I hope all these information will help you guys and all the best to all of you!

Edited by CCCCCF
update

I751:

• 2 weeks later...
Timeline

Question for you Singaporeans, @CCCCCF, @Guacamole, @AL-MJDmy beautiful, precious Haney has a very expensive iPhone she purchased in Singapore.

Will she be able to bring it to the USA, and say, use it on the Verizon network? Have you guys done this?

Really appreciate all this great information, hope you guys are enjoying your stay in the USA with your loves, hope you have a great Sunday!

Duane & Haney

Timeline
4 hours ago, Duane & Haney said:

Question for you Singaporeans, @CCCCCF, @Guacamole, @AL-MJDmy beautiful, precious Haney has a very expensive iPhone she purchased in Singapore.

Will she be able to bring it to the USA, and say, use it on the Verizon network? Have you guys done this?

Really appreciate all this great information, hope you guys are enjoying your stay in the USA with your loves, hope you have a great Sunday!

Duane & Haney

OK, so I found a website called "will my phone work" and got her model number, an iPhone 8.

FWIW it turns out it's a global phone and so will work with just about any network here, the only exception is the older networks, which isn't so much of an issue in more populated areas.

If  you have a different experience, please share! Would be interested to know. 🙂

Duane & Haney

Edited by Duane & Haney

Timeline
On 9/23/2018 at 8:51 AM, Duane & Haney said:

OK, so I found a website called "will my phone work" and got her model number, an iPhone 8.

FWIW it turns out it's a global phone and so will work with just about any network here, the only exception is the older networks, which isn't so much of an issue in more populated areas.

If  you have a different experience, please share! Would be interested to know. 🙂

Duane & Haney

you're absolutely right. though, soon, you might want to purchase a new phone with a local service provider.

i was using a samsung S7 edge. the difference between me and Haney is that i wanted to update my phone model. and so i wanted a prepaid number first so that i can freely switch to a postpaid plan with a new phone.

i found out that here where i live, AT&T is the only provider with a prepaid plan whereas Verizon is the provider that i need because of all the properties and destinations that we need to travel to. Verizon just has better coverage. in this way, my extended family was concerned about my poor call service. but again, all this might not apply to you.

on another note, you and Haney might want to benefit from bringing Haney to the US by utilizing the 1 phone for 1 free phone when you contract an existing line and one brand new line. i don't know about where you are, but here, it seems like every phone provider offers that promotion.

Timeline
13 hours ago, AL-MJD said:

you're absolutely right. though, soon, you might want to purchase a new phone with a local service provider.

i was using a samsung S7 edge. the difference between me and Haney is that i wanted to update my phone model. and so i wanted a prepaid number first so that i can freely switch to a postpaid plan with a new phone.

i found out that here where i live, AT&T is the only provider with a prepaid plan whereas Verizon is the provider that i need because of all the properties and destinations that we need to travel to. Verizon just has better coverage. in this way, my extended family was concerned about my poor call service. but again, all this might not apply to you.

on another note, you and Haney might want to benefit from bringing Haney to the US by utilizing the 1 phone for 1 free phone when you contract an existing line and one brand new line. i don't know about where you are, but here, it seems like every phone provider offers that promotion.

Hi AL-MJD!

Thanks much for taking the time to answer. :-)

Never thought about the fact that so many plans offer new phones. She would like a new phone...

For now I bought a cheap Android phone with pre-pay for emergencies, and I'm pretty happy with it.

I'm going to keep researching to see what networks hers will work on, she sent me her IMI number to see if I can sign it up now on Verizon.

And yes, you're right about Verizon. It doesn't matter what Sprint, AT&T, T-Mobile and the others say, Verizon, at least in my state and where I travel, *always* has the best signal. And it's hard to estimate how annoying it is to not have a signal or drop calls until it happens to you. So not a commercial for Verizon, but as sad as it is, they do have the best coverage.

OK, hope your stay in the US is going well, hope you're enjoying being with the love of your life. 🙏

Duane & Haney

Timeline
Thanks again you all for the amazing “Singapore” help. ☺️

Did you guys wait to fill out the DS-160 until after you received your NVC case number?

Haney & I just got our NOA2, and already the DS-160 filled out and ready to go. 

Is there any reason to wait, or can we submit it now?

Thanks again...you all are awesome! 👍🏻

Duane & Haney

Timeline
On 9/25/2018 at 8:18 AM, Duane & Haney said:
Thanks again you all for the amazing “Singapore” help. ☺️

Did you guys wait to fill out the DS-160 until after you received your NVC case number?

Haney & I just got our NOA2, and already the DS-160 filled out and ready to go. 

Is there any reason to wait, or can we submit it now?

Thanks again...you all are awesome! 👍🏻

Duane & Haney

Answering my own question, we decided to wait until we received packet 3 from the embassy before submitting the DS-160.

There is absolutely no evidence whatsover that submitting it beforehand would be a problem, but the first instance where we are requested to do it is in the packet 3 instructions, so we decided it was best to wait.

We prepared the DS-160 online and saved it, and are now logging in every few days and saving it again to renew the "30 days before erase" time. When we receive packet 3, Haney will log in, submit the application, then print out the required copies.

FWIW, there also does not appear to be a problem with paying for the interview ahead of time either. In fact, once I hear from the NVC that the case is on the way to the embassy, we will go ahead and make the payment, because that could save a little extra time with regards to sending the packet 3 back to the embassy.

Our goal is to receive packet 3, and have it in the mail to the embassy the following day at the latest.

Thanks!

Duane & Haney

Edited by Duane & Haney

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Singapore
Timeline

My SO's iphone 6 that was used on SingTel worked immediately when we put a  T-Mobile SIM card in at JFK Int Airport upon her landing in NY City.  Good luck.

1st time I logged into VJ in many weeks.

I almost miss this place, lol.

Our AOS is all submitted and we now focus on making a life together.

this website was blessing and helped us a lot through the dark days of NOA2

Edited by PRC Rabbit
after thoughts

• 3 weeks later...
Timeline

Mailed packet 3 (confirmation of DS-160, payment of visa fee, and a checklist & signed form) back to the US embassy yesterday. The post office said it's been delivered. Hope they'll get back to me soon on interview date. Scheduled my medical for next Wed. Gonna apply for COC tomorrow and send the clinic the documents they asked for.

BTW, regarding the clinic, I called them and said it's for US visa, but when they sent me a confirmation email, they did not mention anything about US visa or even ask for any documents initially. When I checked here and saw that I had to send some docs in, called them and they quickly sent me another email with a list of to-dos. 

Here's hoping that everything goes smoothly and my POE will be by first week of December! 

~ 

Timeline

Just a quick sharing of my medical today:

Appt was for 1130. I arrived at 11 am. Wrote my name and purpose of visit. Sat for around 10 minutes. I was then asked to verify some details, sign on the passport photos I brought, and to pee in a bottle. I almost didn't have enough pee (lol) so make sure you drink plenty of liquids! There's a water cooler in the clinic too in case you don't have enough water on you. Peed, then waited some more. 

Took blood tests. Nurse asked if I've had chicken pox. I had chicken pox when I was a teen but do not have any documentation, so he had to administer a blood test for that. Vaccines wise, the last one was in 2005, which was way too long ago. 

Height + weight + vision test, quick and easy. Then I went into the doctor's office, and was asked questions about my medical history, essentially. Then I was given three shots including flu shot which hurt a bit but thankfully now as I am typing this, it doesn't hurt anymore. After that, I got my chest xrays done, very simple and fast process. The nurse gave me a CD. Lastly, I paid via Visa credit card at the counter and received a yellow vaccine booklet which I should bring to the interview. The nurse said the report will be sent to the embassy directly within 10 working days. I told her that my interview was scheduled for 7 Nov which is 9 working days (Deepavali on the 6th) and she wrote on this piece of paper to expedite the process. Left at 1225! Quite a fast process. 

Hope everything goes smoothly! 

~ 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.