41 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

@Wuozopo Yes i looked my case up on CEAC status tracker and it just says "AT NVC".. I understand what this means but my issue is my medical is in three days and i only got my nvc number today so i need proof of that, that isnt just my word that I got it on the phone to NVC. Is there such proof without the letter from the embassy or am I going to have to ring up and change my medical date?

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: England
Timeline
10 hours ago, theirishman said:

@Wuozopo Yes i looked my case up on CEAC status tracker and it just says "AT NVC".. I understand what this means but my issue is my medical is in three days and i only got my nvc number today so i need proof of that, that isnt just my word that I got it on the phone to NVC. Is there such proof without the letter from the embassy or am I going to have to ring up and change my medical date?

Does it show your case number? I know people have used a print out of it for their medical. 

Timeline
2 hours ago, Wuozopo said:

Does it show your case number? I know people have used a print out of it for their medical. 

@theirishman When I went, they did not ask for any proof. I was only asked for my Case Number when I first booked the interview. After receiving the Case Number, my American fiance received an email with a copy of the letter which was being sent to me, which I printed, but was not asked for. Why do you need proof, have they explicitly asked for it?

• 04/11/2017 - I-129F Received - NOA1
  • 11/14/2017 - NOID
  • 12/05/2017 - Response to NOID received
  • 12/19/2017 - NOA2
  • 01/23/2018 - NVC received and given number
  • 02/01/2018 - Left NVC
  • 02/08/2018 - Consulate received
  • 02/12/2018 - Medical
  • 02/23/2018 - Interview - G22A: new passport requested due to name error
  • 06/03/2018 - New passport sent back to US Embassy
  • 14/03/2018 - Visa in hand
  • 15/03/2018 - POE (LAX, CA)

Timeline

@Melodica256 On the list of requirements to bring is proof of case number either by nvc or embassy email or letter. I have neither of those as my number was only assigned yesterday. my fiance in america also hasn't received any email or letter.. The woman at knightsbridge told me on the phone I could bring my CEAC print off but the medical wouldnt be sent away to the embassy until i emailed them proof of my nvc number that had my name on it. Everyone seems to be saying different things.. so at your medical did they ask to see proof of your case number? 

Timeline

No, they did not

• 11/14/2017 - NOID
  • 12/19/2017 - NOA2
  • 02/01/2018 - Left NVC
  • 02/12/2018 - Medical

Timeline

@Melodica256 Ive had my medical and have booked my interview for the 12th.. out of curiosity did we need to fill in the application of readiness form or is that outdated? everything seemed to book ok but just wasnt sure if I needed to fill that out too? thanks 

Timeline

@theirishman I filled it out just in case, however was not asked about it or anything of the like. My view is, I'd rather have too many papers than not enough.

• 11/14/2017 - NOID
  • 12/19/2017 - NOA2
  • 02/01/2018 - Left NVC
  • 02/12/2018 - Medical

Timeline
9 minutes ago, designt said:

Thank you so much for this. Really helpful that you went in such detail!

no worries <3

• 11/14/2017 - NOID
  • 12/19/2017 - NOA2
  • 02/01/2018 - Left NVC
  • 02/12/2018 - Medical

• 2 months later...
Timeline

Thank you so much for all the details! My fiance has his interview tomorrow. We are worried because his general doctor only provided him with his immunization records when we went to pick them up, and we don't have any of his other medical records other than that. We read the email for his medical appointment that he needs a summary of medical history & immunization records, which he told the doctor's office receptionist on the phone, but when we picked up his papers only the immunization records were in there and there is no time to get anything else as we leave at 4am today to London because it's a long bus ride away. Have any of you had this situation happen and were still able to be seen by doctors? Is there a way to get it sent over to them directly through mail or fax if needed? Thank you all again for the help and to the original poster for all the details!

PS: The only medical issues he has had was appendix removed, nothing serious, no ongoing medical conditions or disabilities. Thank you!

This is what that part of the email said:

Summary of medical history from GP (NOT full medical records) and reports covering any medical conditions, disabilities, and prior serious illnesses you have been treated for or anything ongoing. This is a new requirement and may not yet be added to the checklist online or the US EMBASSY LONDON website.

We will keep your medical on hold if you do not have it with you on the day of the appointment.

Ask your GP for a Patient Summary/Care Summary."

Spoiler

Filed & Mailed I-129f:                            September 29, 2017

Packet Delivered:                                   September 30, 2017

NOA1 Text & Email:                               October 2, 2017

NOA1 Hard Copy Received:                 October 6, 2017

NOA2 Hard Copy Received:                  xx/xx/2018

NVC Received:                                        xx/xx/2018

Consulate Received:                              xx/xx/2018

Interview Date:                                        xx/xx/2018

Visa Received:                                         xx/xx/2018

US Entry/POE:                                         xx/xx/2018:luv:

Wedding:                                                  xx/xx/2018 (L)

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: England
Timeline

They will do the appointment and if they want something further will do exactly what it says "keep your medical on hold" which means it won't be signed off and sent to the embassy u till they receive what they ask for. They accept faxes, emails, etc.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.