41 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline
1 hour ago, theirishman said:

ok cool, I sent away for my police certificate last monday so should be here in a couple days.. my best friend is also getting married in usa on April 6th so im working a tight schedule.. need one of those appointments for an interview the week of the 20th.. I have everything set to go already for medical and interview aside from my police check so im hoping nvc will be here by the end of the week or early next week

you can book as soon as you have your case number x

• 04/11/2017 - I-129F Received - NOA1
  • 11/14/2017 - NOID
  • 12/05/2017 - Response to NOID received
  • 12/19/2017 - NOA2
  • 01/23/2018 - NVC received and given number
  • 02/01/2018 - Left NVC
  • 02/08/2018 - Consulate received
  • 02/12/2018 - Medical
  • 02/23/2018 - Interview - G22A: new passport requested due to name error
  • 06/03/2018 - New passport sent back to US Embassy
  • 14/03/2018 - Visa in hand
  • 15/03/2018 - POE (LAX, CA)

Timeline
On 2/13/2018 at 8:09 PM, Lfx said:

As for interview availability, I can go through that with you now... As I actually have it open on my laptop. 

Interview appointments 

6th & 7th March - 10:30am
8th March - 10:30am or 11:30am
12th March - 10:30am or 11:30am
13th March - 10:30am
14th, 15th, 16th March - 10:30am or 11:30am
19th, 20th, 21st, 23rd March - 10:30am or 11:30am.

Was 6th March the earliest it came up with appointments for interview? or were there any available in Feb?  

Timeline
3 minutes ago, ambrella said:

Was 6th March the earliest it came up with appointments for interview? or were there any available in Feb?  

There was one for 27th February but I don’t remember what time. :) 

waiting patiently to be with my love.. :wub:

Timeline
49 minutes ago, ambrella said:

Right now there is 27th Feb (10.30 or 11.30) and 28th Feb (10.30 or 11.30).

Thats literally right now at this moment on my screen :-)

MY PERSONAL K-1 VISA APPLICATION PROCESS
(In progress)

I-192F sent: 6/7/2017

I-129F arrived (by USPS): 6/12/2017 (Date recorded on NOA1)

NOA1 email received: 6/14/2017

NOA1 hard copy recieved: 6/19/2017

RFE Recieved: 12/30/2017

RFE response sent: 1/2/2018
RFE response recieved: 1/3/2018

NOA2: 1/12/2018
NVC Recieved: 1/26/2018
NVC Case Number Assigned: 1/26/2018
NVC Sent To Embassy: 2/2/2018

Medical (London): 2/5/2018

Interview (London): 2/23/2018 - APPROVED

Visa On Hand: 3-2-2018 - Home Delivery

POE (Atlanta, GA): 3/13/2018 (booked)

On 2/13/2018 at 7:48 PM, theirishman said:

Hey I received my NOA2 Feb 8th so currently waiting on NVC which hopefully will come back next week some point. Can I ask you both what is the availability currently like for medicals at knightsbridge? My wedding is April 14th so very keen to get all this done asap. I seen @Lfx your appointment isnt until March 13th.. was that by choice or was that the only available time? I want to have my medical asap followed by the interview a week or two later if possible.. Do you guys have any idea on medical and interview availibity? 

Thanks guys 

My wedding is the 15th April! luckily i got booked in for my medical and interview at an early march date! Fingers crossed everything works out as you never know with the way some interviews are going lately. 

Hope you get there for your wedding! ^_^

K-1 Visa

06/21/17 - NOA1
12/22/17 - NOA2 Approved

01/24/18 - NVC Received I-129F 
02/02/18 - Case Number Received 'In transit to Embassy'

02/08/18 - Embassy Received. Case status set as Ready
03/02/18 - Medical 

03/09/18 - Interview 
03/15/18- Visa Issued
03/20/18 - Visa in Hand
03/24/18 - MI Bound

04/15/18 - MARRIED!!! :wub:

Timeline

@Emeryx Thanks.. I think I should be ok as long as I can get my medical and interview over with before April.. which should be possible providing there arent any set backs.My police check and medical records came today so I'm all set to go! Can I ask if you got your case number from NVC on January 24th, why is your medical and interview in March? did you want to wait that long or was that all there was available? Also do NVC times appear to be under two weeks? 

Thanks.. bet your excited for April 15th!

3 hours ago, theirishman said:

@Emeryx Thanks.. I think I should be ok as long as I can get my medical and interview over with before April.. which should be possible providing there arent any set backs.My police check and medical records came today so I'm all set to go! Can I ask if you got your case number from NVC on January 24th, why is your medical and interview in March? did you want to wait that long or was that all there was available? Also do NVC times appear to be under two weeks? 

Thanks.. bet your excited for April 15th!

I hadn't got my police certificate at the time i called them and i had to ask for a late February date due to personal reasons. So when i asked her if she had between 19th - 23rd of February...she said the earliest she had was the 2nd of march! So i just grabbed the earliest available. Once i got my case number from the NVC it was pretty quick from there. 

K-1 Visa

06/21/17 - NOA1
12/22/17 - NOA2 Approved

03/02/18 - Medical 

03/09/18 - Interview 
03/15/18- Visa Issued
03/20/18 - Visa in Hand
03/24/18 - MI Bound

Timeline

@Lfx hey I seen in another thread you booked your interview for the 29th March, awesome!! But please dont tell me that all the other appointments in between were taken and thats all that was left to be taken,  but that you booked that one out of preference? Still banking on one of those middle dates you posted the other day haha 
Also do you have any idea how long it takes between getting your NVC case number and being "ready" to book the interview? 

Timeline
7 minutes ago, theirishman said:

@Lfx hey I seen in another thread you booked your interview for the 29th March, awesome!! But please dont tell me that all the other appointments in between were taken and thats all that was left to be taken,  but that you booked that one out of preference? Still banking on one of those middle dates you posted the other day haha 
Also do you have any idea how long it takes between getting your NVC case number and being "ready" to book the interview? 

I chose the 29th March so don’t worry hehe :) it was just easier to book off work & means a long weekend for me :D. I imagine all those other dates will still be fairly free! And it took mine about 9 days but that’s because it was in “transit” for a week. It seems from talking to others that this has actually sped right up. So who knows :) the process seems to be much faster once the # has been assigned 

waiting patiently to be with my love.. :wub:

Timeline
10 hours ago, theirishman said:

I booked my interview on Thursday and there was still appointments nearly every day in March. The medical didn't have anything available for three weeks though. 

I got my case number this week on Monday. In transit Wednesday and ready by Thursday. 

5 hours ago, KandW said:

I wish I was that brave to book my wedding before my interview.

I hope that everything goes by smoothly for you guys. 

Lol, looking back now it was not the smartest idea. But neither did we expect such a backlog and such a long wait for our NOA2 to be approved! So we kind of gave it a big lengthy gap but then the backlog happened and made everything 10 times more stressful. 

K-1 Visa

06/21/17 - NOA1
12/22/17 - NOA2 Approved

03/02/18 - Medical 

03/09/18 - Interview 
03/15/18- Visa Issued
03/20/18 - Visa in Hand
03/24/18 - MI Bound

Timeline
1 hour ago, Emeryx said:

Lol, looking back now it was not the smartest idea. But neither did we expect such a backlog and such a long wait for our NOA2 to be approved! So we kind of gave it a big lengthy gap but then the backlog happened and made everything 10 times more stressful. 

One hand it’s nice that it’s all sorted. Im sure you’ll be fine. Good luck. 

Timeline

Hey so I would appreciate if someone could help me! I got my NVC case number today and immediately rang up for my medical in London and got offered an appointment this saturday 24th, which naturally I took as I thought was super quick. Now Im in a predicament as I assumed My fiance or myself would receive an email of our case number- which we havent yet, as she just rang up and asked for it and they gave it to her.. Are we supposed to get one? The medical is in like 3 days so I obviously need something to prove my case number. NVC told my fiance that I the beneficiary would receive something from the embassy when it was ready but thats what I need for the interview.. I thought it was something else for the medical? did anyone receive a confirmation email or letter from NVC about the case number? Please help!

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: England
Timeline
2 hours ago, theirishman said:

Hey so I would appreciate if someone could help me! I got my NVC case number today and immediately rang up for my medical in London and got offered an appointment this saturday 24th, which naturally I took as I thought was super quick. Now Im in a predicament as I assumed My fiance or myself would receive an email of our case number- which we havent yet, as she just rang up and asked for it and they gave it to her.. Are we supposed to get one? The medical is in like 3 days so I obviously need something to prove my case number. NVC told my fiance that I the beneficiary would receive something from the embassy when it was ready but thats what I need for the interview.. I thought it was something else for the medical? did anyone receive a confirmation email or letter from NVC about the case number? Please help!

NVC will contact the petitioner and provide the number. London will send a letter to you the beneficiary that also contains the number.  You do not need that letter to take to the interview, despite what NVC said,  but the medical people request it to verify your case number and to confirm you are actually at the point to have the medical exam. 

You've jumped the order a bit because your paper file hasn't even made it to London yet.  Did you look up your case on CEAC status tracker?

Edited by Wuozopo

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.