JMK_IT

NVC sent case to Naples, Italy. Confused about next steps

13 posts in this topic

Filed: Lift. Cond. (pnd) Country: Italy
Timeline

Hello all, 
first of all, thank you for all the content provided on this platform. We would have needed a lawyer if it wasn't for this. 
We are in the middle of the K1 Visa process, and we are at a step where I'm quite confused about what documents to gather, and when. 

This morning my fiancé, the petitioner, received an email from NVC with an attachment addressed to me, the beneficiary, communicating that NVC received the approved I-129F petition and that it will now forward it to the US Embassy in Naples, Italy. 
The notification also provides the Case Number and the USCIS receipt number.

Following the instructions on http://nvc.state.gov/K1, I will soon start gathering the following documentation:
- FORM DS-160

- The police certificates related to my country (Italy), which are two, the Certificato carichi pendenti and Casellario giudiziale
- Vaccination records
- Evidence of relationship (photos, emails, travel tickets, various receipts, conversation screenshots and whatnot)
- Passport and 2x2 photographs 
- My fiancé is completing the Affidavit of Support, Form I-134, and he's also gathering statements from his bank, his employer, and tax documents

Now, my question is: how do I know if that's all I need or if there's more? Will the Naples Embassy get in touch with me and give me time to provide everything I need? Will I receive more detailed information or will I just be notified about the interview date?
I checked on the Naples Embassy page through the "Review Additional U.S. Embassy/Consulate-Specific Instructions" link provided by the travel.state.gov page, but the page doesn't seem to provide any specifics. 

I apologize if my questions sound trivial, I just want to make sure we're doing everything right. 
Thank you very much. 

Facebook group: K-1 Visa Italia 

April 10 2018 US ENTRY (K-1 Visa) 

August 27 2019 GREEN CARD ISSUED

June 05-2021 ROC SE NT 

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Sweden
Timeline

Follow the instructions provided. The list of information/documents you've referenced so far appear to be the common pieces of information they request at this point. The only other things that could be added would be any additional evidence supporting your ongoing relationship between now and when you guys first petitioned (such as any photos or travel logs if either of you have visited since then, chat/email/text message logs, call logs, etc.), or any other financial information on the petitioner's side that may be beneficial in accompanying the Affidavit of Support. I've heard of recommendations such as last 30-60 days of bank statements, tax documents, and income/employment verification, which it looks like you guys are already planning for.

There are no hidden requirements - just make sure you read through everything you receive and follow any instructions given. It's also a good idea to make copies of all notices you receive (we've made copies of our NOA1, NOA2, and the letter/email from the NVC). From what I've read in some other's interview reviews, most of the extra information brought in isn't even looked at, but I don't fancy risking the one piece of information they may ask for or ask about and could cause any sort of delay. Also just gives you peace of mind going in knowing you're well prepared for anything that may come up or be asked of you. :)

Best of luck to you!

Håll ut, y'all.

K1 Process                                                                                AOS Process

July 2015 - met online thanks to Zak Bagans                                                            May 25, 2018 - South Carolina marriage license issued

June 2016 - first in-person meeting                                                                             May 26, 2018 - legally married

August 2016 - stateside visit                                                                                        June 7, 2018 - applied for Social Security Number [manual verification required]

February-April 2017 - stateside visit                                                                           June 18, 2018 - SSN/card received in the mail

April 4, 2017 - got engaged                                                                                          June 30, 2018 - submitted I-485 (AOS)/I-765 (EAD)/I-131 (AP) together

June 5, 2017 - submitted I129F                                                                                   July 9, 2018 - AOS/EAD/AP electronic NOA1 received

June 12, 2017 - received NOA1                                                                                   July 13, 2018 - AOS/EAD/AP hard copy NOA1 received (dated July 6, 2018)

December 1, 2017 - received NOA2                                                                            July 25, 2018 - Biometrics appointment (Charlotte, NC)

January 17, 2018 - NVC received case                                                                      August 1, 2018 - case status updated to "Ready to be Scheduled for Interview"

January 18, 2018 - received NVC case number by phone                                      August 11, 2018 - case status updated to "I-485 Interview Scheduled"

January 24, 2018 - packet received via email                                                           August 16, 2018 - AOS Interview Scheduled letter received

February 15, 2018 - medical appointment                                                                 August 28, 2018 - visited civil surgeon (Winston-Salem, NC) to complete I-693

February-March 2018 - trip to Gothenburg                                                                                                [beneficiary had to get one remaining vaccination stateside]

February 22, 2018 - interview at the US Embassy in Stockholm                            September 18, 2018 - I-485/AOS Interview in Greer, SC

[passed, pending receipt of medical papers]                           September 18, 2018 - case status updated to "Card Has Been Issued/Mailed"

February 27, 2018 - medical papers received by Embassy                                     September 25, 2018 - Green Card received in the mail

March 5, 2018 - visa received in the mail with passport                                          October 6, 2018 - traditional wedding with family & friends

May 16, 2018 - POE in Charlotte, NC

Up next.... Removal of Conditions!

Timeline
11 minutes ago, Dee elle said:

You may have not actually got to the full info for Naples... 

Try this link.

https://travel.state.gov/content/travel/en/us-visas/visa-information-resources/list-of-posts-k1-k3-visas.html

Scroll down and click on the blue link for Naples.... should open up a PDF,  which will really help 

That's exactly what I tried, but this is what shows after clicking on the blue link for Naples, hence my doubts:

5a79d71f00728_ScreenShot2018-02-06at11_24_04AM.png.e81d8a3ac06b66a92e7559271ed51dd0.png

I'll wait to receive packet 3 to make sure I got everything right.

Thank you for your answer.

June 05-2021 ROC SE NT 

Timeline
11 minutes ago, Paul & Mallory said:

Follow the instructions provided. The list of information/documents you've referenced so far appear to be the common pieces of information they request at this point. The only other things that could be added would be any additional evidence supporting your ongoing relationship between now and when you guys first petitioned (such as any photos or travel logs if either of you have visited since then, chat/email/text message logs, call logs, etc.), or any other financial information on the petitioner's side that may be beneficial in accompanying the Affidavit of Support. I've heard of recommendations such as last 30-60 days of bank statements, tax documents, and income/employment verification, which it looks like you guys are already planning for.

There are no hidden requirements - just make sure you read through everything you receive and follow any instructions given. It's also a good idea to make copies of all notices you receive (we've made copies of our NOA1, NOA2, and the letter/email from the NVC). From what I've read in some other's interview reviews, most of the extra information brought in isn't even looked at, but I don't fancy risking the one piece of information they may ask for or ask about and could cause any sort of delay. Also just gives you peace of mind going in knowing you're well prepared for anything that may come up or be asked of you. :)

Best of luck to you!

Thank you very much, I'll add any possible additional document just to be sure. Better be safe than sorry! :)

June 05-2021 ROC SE NT 

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Sweden
Timeline
30 minutes ago, ababsurd said:

Thank you very much, I'll add any possible additional document just to be sure. Better be safe than sorry! :)

Exactly :) 

Håll ut, y'all.

K1 Process                                                                                AOS Process

July 2015 - met online thanks to Zak Bagans                                                            May 25, 2018 - South Carolina marriage license issued

June 2016 - first in-person meeting                                                                             May 26, 2018 - legally married

August 2016 - stateside visit                                                                                        June 7, 2018 - applied for Social Security Number [manual verification required]

February-April 2017 - stateside visit                                                                           June 18, 2018 - SSN/card received in the mail

April 4, 2017 - got engaged                                                                                          June 30, 2018 - submitted I-485 (AOS)/I-765 (EAD)/I-131 (AP) together

June 5, 2017 - submitted I129F                                                                                   July 9, 2018 - AOS/EAD/AP electronic NOA1 received

June 12, 2017 - received NOA1                                                                                   July 13, 2018 - AOS/EAD/AP hard copy NOA1 received (dated July 6, 2018)

December 1, 2017 - received NOA2                                                                            July 25, 2018 - Biometrics appointment (Charlotte, NC)

January 17, 2018 - NVC received case                                                                      August 1, 2018 - case status updated to "Ready to be Scheduled for Interview"

January 18, 2018 - received NVC case number by phone                                      August 11, 2018 - case status updated to "I-485 Interview Scheduled"

January 24, 2018 - packet received via email                                                           August 16, 2018 - AOS Interview Scheduled letter received

February 15, 2018 - medical appointment                                                                 August 28, 2018 - visited civil surgeon (Winston-Salem, NC) to complete I-693

February-March 2018 - trip to Gothenburg                                                                                                [beneficiary had to get one remaining vaccination stateside]

February 22, 2018 - interview at the US Embassy in Stockholm                            September 18, 2018 - I-485/AOS Interview in Greer, SC

[passed, pending receipt of medical papers]                           September 18, 2018 - case status updated to "Card Has Been Issued/Mailed"

February 27, 2018 - medical papers received by Embassy                                     September 25, 2018 - Green Card received in the mail

March 5, 2018 - visa received in the mail with passport                                          October 6, 2018 - traditional wedding with family & friends

May 16, 2018 - POE in Charlotte, NC

Up next.... Removal of Conditions!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Italy
Timeline
18 hours ago, ababsurd said:

That's exactly what I tried, but this is what shows after clicking on the blue link for Naples, hence my doubts:

5a79d71f00728_ScreenShot2018-02-06at11_24_04AM.png.e81d8a3ac06b66a92e7559271ed51dd0.png

I'll wait to receive packet 3 to make sure I got everything right.

Thank you for your answer.

Hi, I've seen you'll go to Naples embassy... I've heard of packet 3, but I don't think we will receive it in any way, I think the only thing they do it's have it on line and you can download it (it's also not very well organized, imagine that!)

I have an additional question. I've seen on the Naples Embassy Page here on VJ ( http://www.visajourney.com/consulates/index.php?ctry=Italy&cty=Naples ) that is needed to print, sign and fax back an Applicant Statement...what is that? where do I find it? I'm confused!!! :wacko:

***Waiting for interview***

Timeline
19 hours ago, ababsurd said:

Hello all, 
first of all, thank you for all the content provided on this platform. We would have needed a lawyer if it wasn't for this. 
We are in the middle of the K1 Visa process, and we are at a step where I'm quite confused about what documents to gather, and when. 

This morning my fiancé, the petitioner, received an email from NVC with an attachment addressed to me, the beneficiary, communicating that NVC received the approved I-129F petition and that it will now forward it to the US Embassy in Naples, Italy. 
The notification also provides the Case Number and the USCIS receipt number.

Following the instructions on http://nvc.state.gov/K1, I will soon start gathering the following documentation:
- FORM DS-160

- The police certificates related to my country (Italy), which are two, the Certificato carichi pendenti and Casellario giudiziale
- Vaccination records
- Evidence of relationship (photos, emails, travel tickets, various receipts, conversation screenshots and whatnot)
- Passport and 2x2 photographs 
- My fiancé is completing the Affidavit of Support, Form I-134, and he's also gathering statements from his bank, his employer, and tax documents

Now, my question is: how do I know if that's all I need or if there's more? Will the Naples Embassy get in touch with me and give me time to provide everything I need? Will I receive more detailed information or will I just be notified about the interview date?
I checked on the Naples Embassy page through the "Review Additional U.S. Embassy/Consulate-Specific Instructions" link provided by the travel.state.gov page, but the page doesn't seem to provide any specifics. 

I apologize if my questions sound trivial, I just want to make sure we're doing everything right. 
Thank you very much. 

Hi, I'm Italian too and I'm currently going through the same procedure/problem!

It's just not clear, i tried in any possible way to get in touch iwth Naples Embassy, but the best luck I had was to get to talk to a real person that told me they don't talk to people about visas.:huh:

About WHEN to collect documents, I can tell you by my experience that gathering documents too soon it's a bad idea...I'm going through gathering them all again because apparently in Italy even a birth certificate expires in 6 months (no idea how my date of birth or parents have changed in the past 6 months!!!), same for majority of documents, as police certificates etc.

But since your case already left NVC you can/must start now, since for a few things it may not be very easy or quick to get them.

About the embassy giving you time, no. They don't care and they don't get in touch with you.

It's up to you to schedule the interview just when you have everything ready to go. (which is where I am at right now)

So they don't notifie about the interview date, it's basically up to you to remember your NOA2 has an expiration date and it's your job to go on line and book the date you think it's good for you (remember to go throu IMMIGRATION VISA, it took me forever to figure out the way to book the interview).

So basically you can follow what the packet 3 on line says, what people on VJ tell you to do, I'm assuming being paranoid and bring more of everything and make 3 copies of each document may be a good idea.

Hope I'll be having an interview soo and I can help better :) Sorry for negativity, but I'M STRESSING OUUUUT! :jest:

Timeline
2 hours ago, Fiammetta said:

Hi, I'm Italian too and I'm currently going through the same procedure/problem!

It's just not clear, i tried in any possible way to get in touch iwth Naples Embassy, but the best luck I had was to get to talk to a real person that told me they don't talk to people about visas.:huh:

About WHEN to collect documents, I can tell you by my experience that gathering documents too soon it's a bad idea...I'm going through gathering them all again because apparently in Italy even a birth certificate expires in 6 months (no idea how my date of birth or parents have changed in the past 6 months!!!), same for majority of documents, as police certificates etc.

But since your case already left NVC you can/must start now, since for a few things it may not be very easy or quick to get them.

About the embassy giving you time, no. They don't care and they don't get in touch with you.

It's up to you to schedule the interview just when you have everything ready to go. (which is where I am at right now)

So they don't notifie about the interview date, it's basically up to you to remember your NOA2 has an expiration date and it's your job to go on line and book the date you think it's good for you (remember to go throu IMMIGRATION VISA, it took me forever to figure out the way to book the interview).

So basically you can follow what the packet 3 on line says, what people on VJ tell you to do, I'm assuming being paranoid and bring more of everything and make 3 copies of each document may be a good idea.

Hope I'll be having an interview soo and I can help better :) Sorry for negativity, but I'M STRESSING OUUUUT! :jest:

I believe the applicant’s statement refers to the letter of intent that both you and your fiancé should complete prior the interview, communicating your intention to marry within 90 days upon entering in the United States. 

I will double check to make sure. There’s no other “statement” we should write, so I’m pretty certain it’s that. 

And whoa, thank you for the information. I wasn’t expecting so much inefficiency, although it makes sense. 

Your answer confirmed my worst doubts. 

Would you mind if I messaged you privately? 

June 05-2021 ROC SE NT 

• 3 weeks later...
Timeline

Hi! I'm also going to go through Naples! Can you guys @Fiammetta @ababsurd possibly post a summary of how things went after NVC? As you know there's like 0 info on the naples consulate! What was the "applicants statement" and do you just book your interview online immediately after faxing them the DS-160 and the Applicant's statement? 

K1 Timeline

01/10/2018: Mailed I-129F from Miami, Fl

01/12/2018: I-129F Received (according to online NOA1)

01/18/2018: Text message with NOA1 info and case number received

01/26/2018: NOA1 Hard Copy

07/27/2018: NOA2 Received :jest:

08/14/2018: NVC Received, Case & Invoice # assigned

08/21/2018: Case in Transit

08/24/2018: Naples Embassy Received (case READY)

09/04/2018: Packet 3 (received after sending them an email inquiring about the Packet)

09/18/2018: Interview, AP 

10/2/2018: Out of AP, Visa Issued

10/4/2018: Visa in Hand

10/18/2018: POE (Miami, Fl)

10/26/2018: Civil Marriage Ceremony

12/29/2018: Wedding Ceremony 

AOS Timeline

11/16/2018: Filed for AOS at Hialeah, Fl office

11/20/2018: Fingerprint Fee Received

12/12/2018: Fingerprints done 

4/25/2019: Interview Ready to Be Scheduled for I-485 

4/30/2019: Notified that Interview was Scheduled 

6/17/2019:  Interview: approved! :dance: (213 days from filing AOS; no EAD or AP)

Timeline
On 22/2/2018 at 8:21 PM, lilit829 said:

Hi! I'm also going to go through Naples! Can you guys @Fiammetta @ababsurd possibly post a summary of how things went after NVC? As you know there's like 0 info on the naples consulate! What was the "applicants statement" and do you just book your interview online immediately after faxing them the DS-160 and the Applicant's statement? 

Actually the only time I heard about an Applicant statement and faxing something was on this forum, Naples embassy didn’t send me anything about that.

you can book the interview on line after Naples embassy has your file ready

• 1 month later...
Timeline

For anyone who's lured by the title of this thread, here's a very useful link from the US Embassy in Italy website, which was updated very recently and answers all the questions that came up above: 

https://it.usembassy.gov/it/visti/iv/k1/

June 05-2021 ROC SE NT 

Timeline
2 hours ago, ababsurd said:

For anyone who's lured by the title of this thread, here's a very useful link from the US Embassy in Italy website, which was updated very recently and answers all the questions that came up above: 

https://it.usembassy.gov/it/visti/iv/k1/

I'm trying to download the instructions in italian for the K1 visa from the link you posted, but it gives me an error. Is it only my computer or everyone is experiencing that? 

Timeline
1 minute ago, io.giuliana said:
2 hours ago, ababsurd said:

I'm trying to download the instructions in italian for the K1 visa from the link you posted, but it gives me an error. Is it only my computer or everyone is experiencing that? 

Couldn't say, have you tried a different browser? I'm on my phone at the moment so I can't verify.

Anyway, the Consulate generally attaches Packet3 in the email they send to to the petitioner after receiving the case from NVC
OR They send it to petitioners/beneficiaries who request it by email in case they didn't receive it. 
I was just recently messaged by a K1 Petitioner going through Naples, who was worried for not getting any email.
I suggested to write to the Consulate, who immediately sent it to her.
You will get it anyway, don't worry :)  Just wait for them to receive your petition and then see what happens. 

June 05-2021 ROC SE NT 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.