KiwiinMaine

I-130 February 2018 filers

1,535 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-5 Country: Cuba
Timeline
2 minutes ago, dohertys74 said:

The app is USCIC and just says the same info as if I log online, just got it last week.   Just was curious if anyone is using it and if it was updated the same time as your online case would be?

I downloaded the app but so far it shows the same info that's on the website. 

Timeline
2 minutes ago, dohertys74 said:

The app is USCIC and just says the same info as if I log online, just got it last week.   Just was curious if anyone is using it and if it was updated the same time as your online case would be?

I downloaded the app but so far it shows the same info that's on the website. 

3 hours ago, Islander_86 said:

Hi there. I don't know what this means but I got an email alert today saying that action was taken on my case on Aug 15th. All previous alerts that I have received in the past said that action was taken on Feb 24th (when they received my case). However, I logged in to both, the new and old site and to my disappointment no approval notice was issued. Should I assume someone at the office scanned my file and started working on it? Has anyone else come across a similar scenario? 

IMG_0034.PNG

I've got an email like that on August 22 saying they last took action on my case on August 8. I changed my address recently due to a move and the confirmation letter for the change of address was also dated August 8 (though I didn't get the confirmation letter until August 24 and the email confirmation was pretty much immediate when I changed it). Did you change any contact info/your address and get an August 15 confirmation date for it? If not, I'm inclined to believe the email is definitely an indicator that they're working on our cases. 

Timeline
33 minutes ago, georgiaycarlos said:

I've got an email like that on August 22 saying they last took action on my case on August 8. I changed my address recently due to a move and the confirmation letter for the change of address was also dated August 8 (though I didn't get the confirmation letter until August 24 and the email confirmation was pretty much immediate when I changed it). Did you change any contact info/your address and get an August 15 confirmation date for it? If not, I'm inclined to believe the email is definitely an indicator that they're working on our cases. 

Hi 

Timeline

No, I have not changed any of my personal information since I first signed up for the website more than 5 yrs ago. I think I've read somewhere on this forums about a similar situation, where members where speculating your same conclusion that indeed means someone touched the file. Anyways we can only guess. We're almost there guys. Peace. 

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Guyana
Timeline
4 hours ago, Islander_86 said:

Hi there. I don't know what this means but I got an email alert today saying that action was taken on my case on Aug 15th. All previous alerts that I have received in the past said that action was taken on Feb 24th (when they received my case). However, I logged in to both, the new and old site and to my disappointment no approval notice was issued. Should I assume someone at the office scanned my file and started working on it? Has anyone else come across a similar scenario? 

IMG_0034.PNG

This is weird I got this email as well however I received my NOA1 my I 130 was approved 8/27 and I received the mail.  I think this is an automated generated email.

Timeline
On ‎8‎/‎26‎/‎2018 at 8:37 PM, MrandMrsAlexander said:

Anybody has experience with Guyana consulate and how long after NOA2 before appointment? I plan on attending interview with my hubby, and I’m so out of my mind I just need to be doing something, anything. Like planning a trip and a farewell party for him. 😀😀

I am in the same boat from Guyana too and eagerly awaiting NOA2 I went in March and holding off on using my last two weeks of vacation time.  Your priority date should give you some inclination as to when you will hear back. I could be wrong but our priority date holds our line in space and we are required to complete the process by that time.  Good luck to us all.

Timeline
On ‎8‎/‎27‎/‎2018 at 9:06 AM, Gods-faith said:

Thank you, and I wish you all the best too on getting an approval soon. And I am in New York.

Guyanese here too and I am a December 8th 2017 filer.  God's willing we will all get through smoothly.  I really wish more Guyanese takes the time to share their journey.  I am worried with Guyana consulate because you know how them slow.  Anyway we just have to be patient and allow the process.

6 hours ago, Gods-faith said:

For anyone that has been approved. After you were approved how long did it takes for you to receive your hard copy of the NOA2 in the mail?

I received my hardcopy on August 23 and the approval date is  August 16. So a few days. 

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Ghana
Timeline
On 8/28/2018 at 6:58 AM, Gods-faith said:

Hi guys, I got some good news. This morning I got an message from USCIS that an action has been taking on my case to check the website. I nervously checked the new website and found that my cas was approved on 

August 27, 2018

PD February 20

At Texas service center 

VJ timeline prediction August 29 to September 4

I’m so happy 😁 Now I move onto the next step the NVC stage. I want to wish you all a speedy approval as well. Good luck to you all!

Congratulations!!!! 

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Ghana
Timeline
8 hours ago, dohertys74 said:

Yes, the app updates like the online case except it takes a few days or so longer for the app to be updated. Well, at least that was my experience. 

Hi guys, the uscis website showed that I was approved on August 27, 2018, that’s the date I got an email from them to check the website and saw the approval. However, I received my hard copy NOA2 today on August 29, 2018 three days later but the date on the hard copy I received said my I-130 was approved on August 24, 2018 that’s three days before than what’s on the new website. My question is, which date of approval should I go with when calling NVC in a few days? Should I tell them the website approval date or the hard copy approval date?

Thanks in advance! 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.