3,193 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline
12 minutes ago, Kanwarpreet said:

Yeah it is Ryan tough.

Where to check the timeline. Have you checked it on VJ site. I just assumed as per the previous approvals that I can get approval in first week of August

there's a great app called CASE TRACKER that will alert you of any changes on your case and  where u can do a complete scan on all the recent cases so that will help and also download the USCIS app and input your NOA1 info. Which service center are you filing at Kanwarpreet?  Just click on processing times for your service center and make sure you update your timelime.

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: India
Timeline
45 minutes ago, RyanMaria 2018 said:

there's a great app called CASE TRACKER that will alert you of any changes on your case and  where u can do a complete scan on all the recent cases so that will help and also download the USCIS app and input your NOA1 info. Which service center are you filing at Kanwarpreet?  Just click on processing times for your service center and make sure you update your timelime.

Ok thanks for the info. It is under California Service Center

Timeline
2 hours ago, BJ & Christine said:

Best bet for more info on ur country for interview purposes is to go here.

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/forum/149-india/

As for approval, Early August would be good. As I’m a Feb 2nd flyer. My vj time line says between Aug 11th and Aug 18th. I’m not panicking or concerned of when it all goes down. Once it gets closer can’t say it be the same. 

😉 

Thanks for providing the link. All the best to all of us for the approval. This wait is hard though.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline
8 hours ago, Kanwarpreet said:

I am the beneficiary from India and Our Petition k1-129 f for fiance received on 5th Feb and waiting for approval. As per my review in the last forums. December filers are getting approved this month that means we can think of our approvals in August 1st week. Right? Please let me know if any points to be considered for the interview. And is it good if my fiance can come along for the interview once application is approved.

Hey we share same date :)

isn't the point of the k1 visa supposed to be a faster way for our significant others to get here, if i knew the wait was going to possibly be extended to 7-9 months i should have just gotten married and applied for the CR1 Visa and called it a day i swear :( 

Edited by KarinaRod13

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Japan
Timeline
12 hours ago, dkmfan85 said:

We've seen some weird stuff going on with November approvals, like doing a big batch of approvals for the end of the month and then moving towards the beginning. There's also been a trend of more approvals being either silent or only reported through the "new" site which cannot be scanned because of its built in two factor authentication. There are a lot of unexplained mysteries with the USCIS stage. All we can do is make the best of the time we've got and try not to get discouraged. On the bright side, there are no federal holidays in June, so hopefully it's full steam ahead with approvals!

People take summer vacation in Aug so hope it won't affect us

Edited by Jen_1987

Timeline
7 hours ago, Sanjana dogra said:

Hey we share same date :)

Hey. Glad to know that. All the best. Will be looking forward to our approvals. Let me know whenever you get a status update :rolleyes:

I'm a bit confused..The "old" USCIS web site (egov.uscis.gov) says they received our case on Feb 6, but the "new" one (my.uscis.gov) shows the date Feb 12.. How come? 

Timeline
1 hour ago, Kanwarpreet said:

Hey. Glad to know that. All the best. Will be looking forward to our approvals. Let me know whenever you get a status update :rolleyes:

Definately i will. Still 2 months to wait.. But im glad our time is coming soon 😊

Timeline
2 minutes ago, Sanjana dogra said:

Definately i will. Still 2 months to wait.. But im glad our time is coming soon 😊

I see you from india too.. Which part? And where you going? If you dont mind sharing 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline
4 hours ago, Jen_1987 said:

Guys, do you think POE Dec is possible based on our current timeline? 

Seem reasonable. If everything goes smoothly

event.png

https://egov.uscis.gov/casestatus/landing.do OLD SITE

https://myaccount.uscis.dhs.gov/ NEW SITE

https://www.house.gov/representatives US Congressmen 

https://www.senate.gov/general/contact_information/senators_cfm.cfm US Senators 

IN REGARDS TO WHICH DATE TO USE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

noa1 date is actually they date on ur hard copy. Sadly if u reach the magical 220 day u must wait till 225 to contact Uscis. They use what the new site says. Even if ur paper says X date. 

They added 5 days onto everyone’s accepted on NOA1

Filed: Lift. Cond. (pnd) Country: Japan
Timeline
1 hour ago, JB&JP said:

I'm a bit confused..The "old" USCIS web site (egov.uscis.gov) says they received our case on Feb 6, but the "new" one (my.uscis.gov) shows the date Feb 12.. How come? 

One is received date, the other is submitted date.

Timeline
5 hours ago, Sanjana dogra said:

I see you from india too.. Which part? And where you going? If you dont mind sharing 

No worries, I am from Punjab and my Fiance is from California. What about you?

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.