JahRyl

February 2018 AOS Filers

1,401 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Thailand
Timeline

My wife has her combo card and we received her NOA for her AOS inter for Aug 13.  Now it’s time to start organizing all of the documents. I plan on having two 3 ring binders of duplicate documents. One to hand to the interviewing officer and one for us. Each will have the exact documents to refer to. Is there anything other than what they’re requesting that I should include?

i have not added her to my mortgage due to refi fees etc, but she is on the HOA bill. 

We have joint banking accounts, medical insurance through my work and she is on My life insurance and listed as a beneficiary on all of my investments. 

Also we are expecting so I’ll include Info pertaining to that as well.  I’ll include photos and fB posts too. Anything else anyone thinks I’m over looking.  

Hi everyone,

I am very new to this site and I hope everybody is doing good with their paperwork.I have a few concerns about my case but i dont know who to call or what to do so i thought maybe you guys can give me some ideas about what i can do with my situation.I got married to my husband in Sept 2017 and we sent out papers on Feb 16th, 2018.They received our case on feb 20th and I had my fingerprint appointment on March 28th.However, it has been 148 days and I havent got any updates about my case on USCIS website.It still says that my ``fingerprint fee was received`` but I dont think this is normal.I mean why am i not getting any updates? They rejected my i-765 form and i had to re-send it and they received it on March 14th.I had another fingerprint appointment on April 11th for my EAD. It has been almost 5 months now since they received my i-765 and there is no EAD card either.It still says that `` case was received `` :(  I am a little freaked out as to why I am not getting any updates or mails.I am from Detroit, MI. I wanted to get an infopass appointment here in the field office but they are all booked right now and cannot give me any dates yet.If there is any other February 2018 filers that are in the same situation, please share your experience with me.It really sucks to not be able to work or drive as I dont have a work permit yet :(  2 of my friends who are also from detroit are getting their interviews next month and there are only 2 months  between them and me.I mean they sent their papers in december and i sent mine in february.We are all from detroit but I have no clue whats going on with my case. :|  please share your experiences or ideas with me...Thank you very much

5 minutes ago, HappyBunny said:

Hey everyone. I have a general question how do I know which office my application was sent to? The AoS based on marriage? I checked my receipt and i dont seem to find it. I want to know to start checking the processing times. I am in NY 

https://egov.uscis.gov/processing-times/#mainContent

ROC:  Received Jan 25 2021    NOA 1: February 25 2021 (LIN/Nebraska).    BIOMETRICS: April 30  2021
APPROVED: June 23 2021     CARD DELIVERED:   June 30 2021

AOS:          Received Date:  April 2      NOA 1:  April 5 2018
Biometrics:  April 27  Fingerprint Review Was Completed:  April 30
Case Ready to be scheduled: May 3
( that update only showed up in August! after being notified about EAD&AP )
EAD&AP  We approved your case:  August 8   /  In the mailbox:  August 16 2018
Interview   -    March 14 2019    (
Notice Date:  February 1)  -   Approved!

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Philippines
Timeline
12 minutes ago, Martella&T said:

use this

if you are in state college looks like Philly

https://www.uscis.gov/about-us/find-uscis-office/field-offices

01/12/17 – I-129F mailed 
01/17/17 – Delivered to lockbox  

01/20/17 - NOA1  

01/27/17 – I-797C arrived via USPS

05/05/17 - NOA2

05/23/17 - NVC Recieve

09/11/17 - Approved at Interview

09/30/17 - Visa in hand

10/17/17 - POE Washington DC

11/11/17 - Married 

01/29/18 - AOS sent via USPS

02/20/18 - TXT and email notification of receipt

09/29/18 - EAD recieved

02/12/19 - Interview Scheduled

9 hours ago, Michigan24 said:

Hi everyone,

I am very new to this site and I hope everybody is doing good with their paperwork.I have a few concerns about my case but i dont know who to call or what to do so i thought maybe you guys can give me some ideas about what i can do with my situation.I got married to my husband in Sept 2017 and we sent out papers on Feb 16th, 2018.They received our case on feb 20th and I had my fingerprint appointment on March 28th.However, it has been 148 days and I havent got any updates about my case on USCIS website.It still says that my ``fingerprint fee was received`` but I dont think this is normal.I mean why am i not getting any updates? They rejected my i-765 form and i had to re-send it and they received it on March 14th.I had another fingerprint appointment on April 11th for my EAD. It has been almost 5 months now since they received my i-765 and there is no EAD card either.It still says that `` case was received `` :(  I am a little freaked out as to why I am not getting any updates or mails.I am from Detroit, MI. I wanted to get an infopass appointment here in the field office but they are all booked right now and cannot give me any dates yet.If there is any other February 2018 filers that are in the same situation, please share your experience with me.It really sucks to not be able to work or drive as I dont have a work permit yet :(  2 of my friends who are also from detroit are getting their interviews next month and there are only 2 months  between them and me.I mean they sent their papers in december and i sent mine in february.We are all from detroit but I have no clue whats going on with my case. :|  please share your experiences or ideas with me...Thank you very much

Unfortunately a lot of people don't get updates. Some do and some don't. The processing times for EAD is 4,5 to 6,5 months on the official website and because your petition got rejected you actually need to calculate it from the 14th of March, not earlier, so you are at 4 months now. If you had a job offer you could try to expedite it. And your friends are lucky as processing times for Detroit are 8.5 to 14.5 months...but at least you can calculate it from Feb the 20th

image.thumb.png.727f38acfdbbb419c80f79c6044093ae.png

Edited by Martella&T

ROC:  Received Jan 25 2021    NOA 1: February 25 2021 (LIN/Nebraska).    BIOMETRICS: April 30  2021

6 minutes ago, Martella&T said:

Unfortunately a lot of people don't get updates. Some do and some don't. The processing times for EAD is 4,5 to 6,5 months on the official website and because your petition got rejected you actually need to calculate it from the 14th of March, not earlier, so you are at 4 months now. If you had a job offer you could try to expedite it. And your friends are lucky as processing times for Detroit are 8.5 to 14.5 months...but at least you can calculate it from Feb the 20th

Hi, thank you for the answer.So i should just keep waiting then...I hope i get some update or mail in a couple months too.This waiting game is not fun :|

30 minutes ago, HappyBunny said:

Hey everyone. I have a general question how do I know which office my application was sent to? The AoS based on marriage? I checked my receipt and i dont seem to find it. I want to know to start checking the processing times. I am in NY 

11 minutes ago, mbassett said:

mbasset gave you the link about finding a field office and I gave you the link to the processing times but you are in NY so

Screen Shot 2018-07-18 at 10.21.44 AM.png

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

I finally received an email late yesterday night saying my card is being produced! I’m relieved I can finally work and travel. I got my biometrics done on feb 20ish so it has been a long wait. Is it a little greedy to say I hoped for the interview date instead? But oh well that’ll come in time with patience as well! 

Good luck to everyone still waiting, praying it’ll come for you all soon too. 

6 minutes ago, Michigan24 said:

It's much harder now to wait when last year the norm was 3 months for EAD. You can try to schedule InfoPass appointment or call but I am pretty certain they will just check that you are within the processing time and inform you about it. The only other thing to do is to expedite EAD 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Mexico
Timeline
10 hours ago, Michigan24 said:

Hi everyone,

Ours took a 160 days to receive in hand the EAD/AP card. Only a week before did we get notice that I was approved. Only thing we may have done different is about two months ago we went to ourcongressman's office and requested to have file inquiry on our case. Nothing came of it so not sure if it helped.

Good luck

10 hours ago, gtiorobertsf said:

Ours took a 160 days to receive in hand the EAD/AP card. Only a week before did we get notice that I was approved. Only thing we may have done different is about two months ago we went to ourcongressman's office and requested to have file inquiry on our case. Nothing came of it so not sure if it helped.

Good luck

Hi, thank you for your answer.I hope i receive my card soon too.Good luck to us on this journey...

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.