A Darwish

USA visa canceled? For new information became available,

35 posts in this topic

14 hours ago, A Darwish said:

Thank you for your answer, IM Egyptian and living in turkey, 

I enter by B1/B2 valid until 2022  and I join education fair in Miami after this visited New york uuniversity and left from Miami, and noting said to me while I entering just how many days I said 6 and the reason if visit

I checked i97 form to check for overstay but there nothing wrong   

Thank you

I enter by B1/B2 visa and I attended education fair

You say here that you told them you were going to be in the country for 6 days, and then in your original post that you were there for 13 days.

I think there's your answer.  Sure the duration of visit is within your actual visa type, but they record the responses they get and if the information doesn't match the reality, you may have been deemed to have misrepresented your reason for travel despite not technically overstaying, and thus be required to go through the whole visa application again and prove that you're not mistreating the process. 

Filed: Other Country: Turkey
Timeline
6 hours ago, CEE53147 said:

I do not think they believed the reason for your travel.  Universities generally would not contract themselves with  recruiters as yourself - especially big names like you mentioned. They have more than enough applicants.

But no one asks me, they do not allow me to board from my country without asking any question, and in a new interview I offer the officer to show to him letters and emails from those institutions  but he said no lets talk. . So I don't think so the reason was that because they didn't ask and I had official document from those institutions

Thank you

Ahmed Darwish

Timeline
35 minutes ago, dentsflogged said:

You say here that you told them you were going to be in the country for 6 days, and then in your original post that you were there for 13 days.

I think there's your answer.  Sure the duration of visit is within your actual visa type, but they record the responses they get and if the information doesn't match the reality, you may have been deemed to have misrepresented your reason for travel despite not technically overstaying, and thus be required to go through the whole visa application again and prove that you're not mistreating the process. 

But why you think he give me in my next interview 212g ?

Thank you

Ahmed Darwish

Timeline
3 hours ago, waiting561 said:

More than likely...again I am not an expert...but Turkey....In the US..we cannot get visas I think for Turkey after Nov 2017 to just visit...So I think it was exactly what you said "relationship" is a nice way to put it!.

But IM not Turkish, IM egyptains and if problem is that why they allow me to enter the US in 10-12-2017

10 hours ago, SusieQQQ said:

What country are you from?

edit: ok, turkey. I think maybe it’s partly to do with current state of diplomatic relations betrween US and Turkey?

i am happy to hear you have been treated courtesly by embassy staff. 

Thank you

Ahmed Darwish

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Tunisia
Timeline
42 minutes ago, dentsflogged said:

Thats not true. A non immigrant can stay as long as the CBP officer allows him to. So if he was given for example 3 months to stay at the border, even if he said 6 days in the application, he may stay for 13 days. 

This doesn't make any sense: Do you have any runs with the law or something?

Timeline
1 minute ago, A Darwish said:

Yea between my company and universities 

Could they consider that as work here? Because if so, that means you breached the restrictions on your visa.

Timeline
4 minutes ago, BigDaddy28 said:

Thats not true. A non immigrant can stay as long as the CBP officer allows him to. So if he was given for example 3 months to stay at the border, even if he said 6 days in the application, he may stay for 13 days. 

No nothing, and the officer didn't write or say anything and I checked online from CBP website its shows that I can stay for 6 month 

Ahmed Darwish

Timeline
Just now, A Darwish said:

No nothing, and the officer didn't write or say anything and I checked online from CBP website its shows that I can stay for 6 month 

Did you get paid by the university? In your visa interview (the 1st one) did you say that you were going to meet with some university officials?

Timeline
3 minutes ago, BigDaddy28 said:

Could they consider that as work here? Because if so, that means you breached the restrictions on your visa.

I don't think so, because I said the same when I applied for my visa, I said that IM going to sign agreement with universities 

Ahmed Darwish

Timeline
Just now, A Darwish said:

I don't think so, because I said the same when I applied for my visa, I said that IM going to sign agreement with universities 

Well this is really confusing. I'm going to let someone who might know something I don't help you out. 

I hope you get it figured out. Good luck. 

9 minutes ago, BigDaddy28 said:

You're certainly allowed to stay until the end of your I-94 (barring a deportation, obviously). But staying longer than you claimed you would stay or longer than necessary does present problems with any future entry attempt.

Timelines:

ROC:

Spoiler

7/27/20: Sent forms to Dallas lockbox, 7/30/20: Received by USCIS, 8/10 NOA1 electronic notification received, 8/1/ NOA1 hard copy received

AOS:

Spoiler

AOS (I-485 + I-131 + I-765):

9/25/17: sent forms to Chicago, 9/27/17: received by USCIS, 10/4/17: NOA1 electronic notification received, 10/10/17: NOA1 hard copy received. Social Security card being issued in married name (3rd attempt!)

10/14/17: Biometrics appointment notice received, 10/25/17: Biometrics

1/2/18: EAD + AP approved (no website update), 1/5/18: EAD + AP mailed, 1/8/18: EAD + AP approval notice hardcopies received, 1/10/18: EAD + AP received

9/5/18: Interview scheduled notice, 10/17/18: Interview

10/24/18: Green card produced notice, 10/25/18: Formal approval, 10/31/18: Green card received

K-1:

Spoiler

I-129F

12/1/16: sent, 12/14/16: NOA1 hard copy received, 3/10/17: RFE (IMB verification), 3/22/17: RFE response received

3/24/17: Approved! , 3/30/17: NOA2 hard copy received

NVC

4/6/2017: Received, 4/12/2017: Sent to Riyadh embassy, 4/16/2017: Case received at Riyadh embassy, 4/21/2017: Request case transfer to Manila, approved 4/24/2017

K-1

5/1/2017: Case received by Manila (1 week embassy transfer??? Lucky~)

7/13/2017: Interview: APPROVED!!!

7/19/2017: Visa in hand

8/15/2017: POE

Timeline
6 minutes ago, BigDaddy28 said:

Did you get paid by the university? In your visa interview (the 1st one) did you say that you were going to meet with some university officials?

No i didn't get paid , and in my first interview I say I'm working for an education company and I'm visiting The USA to sign agreement, and I had invitation from university in DC, he ask me you have the plan to visit more universities or just this one, I told him i will visit many universities there , you think maybe the reason I said for the first time I'm going to DC but I went to Miami and on my next trip I was going to New York ?

Ahmed Darwish

Filed: F-2A Visa Country: Germany
Timeline

I think your name came up on a "watch list", and this caused your visa to be cancelled. There is most properly software that rates each person, and maybe your name is similar to names of people on terror or other lists. Therefore you was flagged and you needed to fill out your private information so they can see if it is you on their internal watch list or someone else with a similar name. 

Filed: Other Timeline
8 hours ago, MiraW said:

Actually... that's not necessary true. Big name universities do have enough applicants, but they always want MORE applicants. I personally went to one of those "big name" university here for my master's study, and from what I've seen, a lot of these prestigious institutes have set up a college or branch mainly for international students or professionals that're pursuing higher degree while working. The requirements for these colleges are significant lower, I'm talking about GPA, TOEFL, GMAT, GRE requirements, and that's why many international students would apply for these colleges instead. NYU is a great school, but it also has a few programs like this. OR maybe it's looking to expand to other countries too, since there's already NYU Abu Dabi and NYU Shanghai.

Sorry I sorta hijacked the thread to talk about something not really related, it happens to be related to my field (education).

If the university has branches elsewhere, why would OP need to travel to US for contract signing since contract would be for foreign country's law.

It just seems very off.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.