AussieGuy12

January 2018 AOS Filers

250 posts in this topic

Filed: Lift. Cond. (apr) Country: India
Timeline
9 minutes ago, kvito28 said:

Still waiting. I think it will take up to 2 weeks based on posts I have read. It has only been 2 days since I faxed them what they requested.

@kvito28 Can you please detail the process to expedite EADs? Is there a good chance of getting it expedited based on what you know? Is there a fee?

Removal of Conditions Timeline

03/31/20    - Sent ROC package to Dallas, TX by USPS. 

04/02/20    - Delivered to Dallas, TX by USPS.  

04/08/20    - Received text message from USCIS stating original receipt to follow in mail and a receipt number starting with SRC

04/09/20    - Check for $680 cashed for USCIS Dallas

04/13/20    - Received I-797 NOA for I751 ROC which extends expired Green Card by 18 months

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Georgia
Timeline
30 minutes ago, Chicken7585 said:

@kvito28 Can you please detail the process to expedite EADs? Is there a good chance of getting it expedited based on what you know? Is there a fee?

It is important to have a good reason to why you would like to expedite I think. They will ask for proof. Simple job offers would not work unless they have underlying consequences (something that will affect your case as a whole if you do not get it expedited. By this I mean, losing source of income of one of the sponsors or something like that). In my case, we put my income as part of household income so losing my job will affect the case. It is also important to inform your employer about documents you may need in advance and confirm that you will be able to obtain them in a timely manner. 

I work for small business and I manage basically everything at the location where I work. I asked my employer if he would provide specific letters well before I put in expedited request. 

Here is what I did to put expedited request:

1) Call the USCIS and talk to Tier 1 officer who will create a request for you. Make sure you give this person as many reasons as you can and also make sure they write all of it in notes. Sometimes they skip certain information! Make sure you ask if they put everything just like you asked to to! They are required to do so! You will be given a confirmation code in the end. You can see how your request progresses through case tracker. It will take 2-3 days for it to be assigned to the officer for review after which they will e-mail you about your request and they will mark it as completed in the case tracker. The e-mail will be either denial or request for proof of whatever you had used to qualify under certain expedite criteria.

I had gone through many expedited requests in the past when dealing with the USCIS and I believe that when your case gets touched, even if your requests are denied, it still accelerates the process of your case review. Many people say and believe otherwise, but for someone who has spent hours talking to USCIS officers and has exchanged dozens of e-mails with them, I believe that taking some action is far better than playing just a waiting game. Hope this helps!

Timeline
5 minutes ago, Laura123 said:

Good luck. What status where you before? Like did you have an EAD before? 

I am adjusting from OPT to AOS. My current EAD expires in a week. I hope to get a decision soon!

1 minute ago, kvito28 said:

I am adjusting from OPT to AOS. My current EAD expires in a week. I hope to get a decision soon!

you can still continue to work on ur expired EAD if your work is ok with it. I know it wont cause any problems with the immigration. The unauthorized emplyment doesnt count if you are adjusting from marriage

But yea better to have the new EAD. I am on CPT but got a new job and cant switch it. Really need the EAD :wacko:

Timeline
2 minutes ago, Laura123 said:

you can still continue to work on ur expired EAD if your work is ok with it. I know it wont cause any problems with the immigration. The unauthorized emplyment doesnt count if you are adjusting from marriage

But yea better to have the new EAD. I am on CPT but got a new job and cant switch it. Really need the EAD :wacko:

I have never violated anything before and I don't want to do it especially before my GC interview. It is what it is. Hoping for the best.

Do you have pending AOS?

Just now, kvito28 said:

I have never violated anything before and I don't want to do it especially before my GC interview. It is what it is. Hoping for the best.

Do you have pending AOS?

Yea good idea. Hopefully you get it soon.

yeah i have a pending AOS. Filed on 1/2/18 and got bio metrics done on 2/2/18. Now its been almost 2 weeks and still waiting havent heard anything back.

Timeline
1 minute ago, Laura123 said:

Yea good idea. Hopefully you get it soon.

yeah i have a pending AOS. Filed on 1/2/18 and got bio metrics done on 2/2/18. Now its been almost 2 weeks and still waiting havent heard anything back.

We have almost the same exact timeline! Where is you field office if you don't mind me asking?

Timeline
2 minutes ago, Laura123 said:

I live in Chicago so field office is chicago office. we have the same timeline and field office as well. 

Ill let you know if i hear back anything from them :) 

Sounds good. I will keep you posted as well. Good luck!

On 1/27/2018 at 11:50 AM, Chicken7585 said:

Hi guys - I wanted to join in to wish all the January 2018 filers the very best! Here's our journey so far:

Jan 11 - Package (485/130/131/765) Sent

Jan 12 - Package delivered to Chicago

Jan 17 - NOA1 Received (485/130/131/765)

Jan 18 - Checks cashed by USCIS

Jan 19 - Biometrics Notice Sent

Jan 26 - Biometrics Notice Received

Feb 06 - Biometrics Appointment Date (Atlanta)

How did you get things to move so quickly?

I-751 Sent: 8/10/2020

NOA Date: 8/24/2020

Case Transferred to NBC: 1/6/2021

Fingerprints Applied: 1/22/2021

Timeline
46 minutes ago, Fc1 said:

How did you get things to move so quickly?

Nothing everyone else hasn’t done! I went in and got my biometrics a week before the assigned date but I doubt that helped!

04/08/20    - Received text message from USCIS stating original receipt to follow in mail and a receipt number starting with SRC

04/13/20    - Received I-797 NOA for I751 ROC which extends expired Green Card by 18 months

Hey January filers!

Today was our Biometrics appointment in the New Orleans Field Office, with this out of the way hopefully things move quickly!

B2 to AOS

Jan 12 - Package (485/130/131/765)

Jan 16 - Package delivered to Chicago

Jan 24 - Checks cashed by USCIS

Feb 01 - NOA1 Received

Feb 02 - Biometrics Appt Received (2/16)

Feb 16 - Biometrics Complete

Timeline

Off topic somewhat but can I just say how freaking annoying these Walmart congratulations pop up ads are when I access VJ on my phone?

i have to use an Adblocker that DRAINS my battery like crazy. 

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Nigeria
Timeline
9 minutes ago, Chicken7585 said:

Off topic somewhat but can I just say how freaking annoying these Walmart congratulations pop up ads are when I access VJ on my phone?

i have to use an Adblocker that DRAINS my battery like crazy. 

It really is disgusting. Lol. 

AOS from B2

05/25/2021 GC 10 years

02/26/2024 N - 400

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.