Leo1967

E-2 Visa path to Green Card possibilities

13 posts in this topic

Filed: FB-4 Visa Country: Honduras
Timeline

Hello Everyone,

My family and I (brother and niece) opened a restaurant in 2010 and opened a second location in 2014.

I am a US Citizen but they (brother and niece) are here with E-2 Visas for the past 8 years.  Their visas were renewed once for another 5 years.  They are set to expire in 2020.  

My brother’s wife and son were also given the visas so they can be together here.

My  brother has an approved I-130 (brother petition) since June 2005 but there has been no activity since it was approved.  I understand that brother gets almost last priority on family related visas.

Question: is there any hope for a path to a green card at this point for the E-2 Visa part of it?  My concern in my niece because the E-2 is the only reason she is here legally.  She is having a baby within the next 3 weeks and she is worried about her future and her family.  Husband is undocumented so there is no hope on that side now.

Should be able to AOS in/by 2020 based on brother's petition (child/ren may age out if they turn 21 at that time depending how long the petition took to be approved.). When was the petition sent - PD date? 

ROC 2009
Naturalization 2010

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Wales
Timeline

Niece needs a husband who is a USC.

Children age out on an E2 and then need to make their own way.

“If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle.”

34 minutes ago, NigeriaorBust said:

About the only path is to throw more money at the US and go to an EB5 visa 

If if remember correctly money for EB5 needs to come from outside US and not be borrowed, given description of family above that doesn’t sound a likely option?

Edited by SusieQQQ

Timeline
18 minutes ago, SusieQQQ said:

If if remember correctly money for EB5 needs to come from outside US and not be borrowed, given description of family above that doesn’t sound a likely option?

That can use their E2 business.

“If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle.”

2 hours ago, Boiler said:

Niece needs a husband who is a USC.

He is undocumented

I-751 journey

10/16/2017.......... ROC package mailed

10/18/2017.......... I-751 package received VSC

10/19/2017.......... I-797 NOA date

10/30/2017.......... Notice received in mail

10/30/2017.......... Check cashed

11/02/2017.......... Conditional GC expired

11/22/2017.......... Biometrics completed

xx/xx/xxxx.......... waiting waiting waiting

Timeline
3 minutes ago, WeGuyGal said:

He is undocumented

Yep

The current one will not work.

Filed: FB-4 Visa Country: Honduras
Timeline
7 hours ago, Boiler said:

That can use their E2 business.

You mean we could possibly use our E-2 business as an asset to meet the investment minimum requirements?  We live in NYC so the minimum would likely be $1 million. 

Timeline
1 hour ago, Leo1967 said:

You mean we could possibly use our E-2 business as an asset to meet the investment minimum requirements?  We live in NYC so the minimum would likely be $1 million. 

Sure, there a re a few options on an E2 but none that are direct.

Timeline
4 minutes ago, deepfineleg said:

You mean the current husband won't work and she has to find a new husband? 

Current one is undocumented sic.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.