sarcasemm

Do i need to take a GED?

23 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Morocco
Timeline

Why?   look into what is offered by state of Texas for US high school and GED graduates

in Tennessee if you have a GED,   you can go to a 2 year community college free tuition

and that is why my husband got his GED even though in Morocco he had a 2 year college degree in Accounting

you need to know what is out there free

Filed: Other Country: Philippines
Timeline
1 hour ago, adil-rafa said:

Why?   look into what is offered by state of Texas for US high school and GED graduates

in Tennessee if you have a GED,   you can go to a 2 year community college free tuition

and that is why my husband got his GED even though in Morocco he had a 2 year college degree in Accounting

Gotta love a good loop hole!!  :thumbs:  

Hank

"Chance Favors The Prepared Mind"

Picture

“LET’S GO BRANDON!”

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Taiwan
Timeline
1 hour ago, adil-rafa said:

They didn't ask about his previous education when he applied for the GED?

"The US immigration process requires a great deal of knowledge, planning, time, patience, and a significant amount of money.  It is quite a journey!"

- Some old child of the 50's & 60's on his laptop 

Senior Master Sergeant, US Air Force- Retired (after 20+ years)- Missile Systems Maintenance & Titan 2 ICBM Launch Crew Duty (200+ Alert tours)

Registered Nurse- Retired- I practiced in the areas of Labor & Delivery, Home Health, Adolescent Psych, & Adult Psych.

IT Professional- Retired- Web Site Design, Hardware Maintenance, Compound Pharmacy Software Trainer, On-site go live support, Database Manager, App Designer.

August 7, 2022: Wife filed N-400 Online under 5 year rule.

November 10, 2022: Received "Interview is scheduled" letter.

December 12, 2022:  Received email from Dallas office informing me (spouse) to be there for combo interview.

December 14, 2022: Combo Interview for I-751 and N-400 Conducted.

January 26, 2023: Wife's Oath Ceremony completed at the Plano Event Center, Plano, Texas!!!😁

February 6, 2023: Wife's Passport Application submitted in Dallas, Texas.

March 21, 2023:   Wife's Passport Delivered!!!!

May 15, 2023 (about):  Naturalization Certificate returned from Passport agency!!

In summary, it took 13 months for approval of the CR-1.  It took 44 months for approval of the I-751.  It took 4 months for approval of the N-400.   It took 172 days from N-400 application to Oath Ceremony.   It took 6 weeks for Passport, then 7 additional weeks for return of wife's Naturalization Certificate.. 

Timeline
4 hours ago, missileman said:

They didn't ask about his previous education when he applied for the GED?

no as it is not revelent to a US degree / all they care about is a US diploma

in our state this is one of the things we get out of the lottery 

my son had help in Connecticut after his first spinal surgery from the Consortium 

there are so many programs / just have to search for them and check them out for sincere programs

so much eaiser now to find them online 

Timeline
4 hours ago, Hank_ said:

Gotta love a good loop hole!!  :thumbs:  

like John Kennedy Jr who got food stamps while going to college as his family knew a loophole 

done all the time if you have money and can write the rules

Filed: Other Country: Philippines
Timeline

Greetings!

You do not have to do GED route but rather have all your original documentation from the schools attended in the Philippines and have them evaluated by any NACES  current members. 

NACES (National Association of Credential Evaluation Services). In my own experience, I chose ECE (Educational Credential Evaluator's). All required documents are listed per country. May click here:http://naces.org/members.html.

I remembered that I submitted the following:

1. original high school diploma.

2. original college diploma.

3. original transcripts of records.

I did not include report card from high school and it was okay after all college transcripts have notes from which high school you graduated as the basis for college admission. But if you have high school card you may include it as well. Make sure to follow what the evaluator is asking to avoid delays. May click the link for more information.

https://www.ece.org/ECE/Individuals/Documentation-Requirements

Note:

It was a little bit expensive and it takes a little bit of time and because I was curious I ordered copies for myself to check, I was just being curious about my grades. I have all these covered and I begin searching for the school that I wanted to apply. and because I already have original transcripts evaluated by NACES current members which in my case I chose ECE. All I did was order a copy of my evaluated transcripts from ECE to be sent directly to the school's registrar of the school that I wanted to attend.

My kindest regards,

NELMA

Edited by nelmagriffin

On ‎1‎/‎8‎/‎2018 at 1:20 PM, adil-rafa said:

Texas Community Colleges are funded by property taxes.  So it much cheaper vs a state university.  Not free here in Texas

Just when you think you have TDS eradicate,  a new case shows up.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.