Dompess

K1 visa

19 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline

You have an active application.  You cannot submit another application based on the same original approved petition

YMMV

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Morocco
Timeline
7 minutes ago, Dompess said:

Have been put on administative processing for long time dont understand ..they should have it ??

You can get married and cancel that petition and file CR1 but if you get married and your original application is approved before you file paperwork you CANNOT use it. Your fiance should contact het congressman to determine if your case has been sent back to US. 

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Ghana
Timeline

Went to the embassy on oct 2017 ...i have wrote to embassy and they say have to apply another k1 visa ..but my ducoments is with them my brith cerf orignal one and police report and all them and Co gave me only passport and white papper ..asked for my documents back Co say No took it ??

Timeline
9 minutes ago, Dompess said:

Went to the embassy on oct 2017 ...i have wrote to embassy and they say have to apply another k1 visa ..but my ducoments is with them my brith cerf orignal one and police report and all them and Co gave me only passport and white papper ..asked for my documents back Co say No took it ??

YOu will not get any documents back. If you decide to apply for K1 or CR1 you will need new documents. 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country:
Timeline

That’s actually not true. Your K1 Visa is only valid as long as your medical is valid. You medical has an expiration date of 6 months and the clock starts running the day you get that medical. However from previous posts it looks like your visa has not been issued yet. If you’ve been on AP at the ambassadorial post interview for a long time you need to contact the embassy to find out what’s going on. But if you’ve had an interview already, then you’ve had a medical, so the clock’s running. Even if you are issued a visa tomorrow, and it says the visa is valid for 6 months, it’s only valid for as long as your medical has left. If you only have 3 months left on your medical, that’s how long your visa is valid for. If they requested more evidence at your embassy, they would have given you a written notice of what’s needed. Same with an approved visa. If they kept your passport that’s usually a good sign. But you shouldn’t be in AP this long. But it all depends on what country it is. Contact the embassy. Don’t let your NOA2 expire, or your medical. 

Timeline
Just now, Dompess said:

Yeah dont understand thats too long to be on AP ...sinces oct 2017 ...the ambassy had medicals they didnt give it to me 

They will not give you back your medical, your birth certificate or any other documents. If you decide to file again you will need to get these all again at your own expense  

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Vietnam
Timeline

If it does get close to when your medical expires, you can most likely ask them can you do another medical since you were in AP (since that is on them you were waiting so long) they might even tell you themselves that you will need a new medical before your visa will be issued (if it gets that close).

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Vietnam
Timeline
14 minutes ago, Dompess said:

Soo the embassy the can call me back ??for sure to get my visa ?? Have been AP for long ...when check AP days to there is 60 days ...and pass 60 days 

AP takes as long as it takes unfortunately. Noone can tell you how long you will be in it

60 days in AP is not that long for some countries, six months to a year can be the norm in some countries especially for guys. 

K-1 Met:2002 Dating :2003 I-129F Sent : 2013-06-01 I-129F NOA2 : 2013-08-20 Medical: 2013-12-20 Interview Date : 2014-01-22 POE: 2014-02-19 Wedding: 2014-03-18

AOS/EAD Date Filed : 2014-04-04 BioAppt: 2014-05-13 EAD in Production: 2014-07-08 Interview date: 2014-07-14 Green Card received: 2014-07-19

ROC Date Filed: 2016-04-26 Cheque Cashed: 2016-05-10 NOA1: 2016-04-28 Biometrics: 2016-06-30 Approved: 11-08-2016 Green Card Received: 11-18-2016

Citizenship Date Filed: 2017-04-18 Cheque Cashed: 2017-04-24- NOA1:2017-04-21  Biometrics: 2017-05-19 Inline: 2017-07-12 Interview Date: 2018-02-13 Oath: 2018-03-15

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.