Moxa1989

N-400 Newark/Mt Laurel New Jersey

1,199 posts in this topic

Filed: F-2A Visa Country: Iraq
Timeline
9 minutes ago, skskskks said:

Thanks. I do think my case was outlier and unusally delayed. Others seem to be more or less in line. I did have to reach to L2 officer who suggested submitting a request letter under unsolicited docs. A week later I got an interview. Try if that works for anyone. Good luck.

Oh wow, interesting that this worked!

yes, sounds like they’re generally in mid August now. Only 5 more month of wait for me 😒

Timeline
14 hours ago, Yaz86 said:

I was scheduled to pass the interview on April 29th, I was de-scheduled and since then I'm still waiting for any positive sign!

According to USCIS they were supposed to re-schedule all cancelled appointments within 90 days after re-opening. Did you see the above comment about making an inquiry via online account "unsolicited documents"? Good luck!

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: India
Timeline

My interview is on 29th Sept and my wife's interview on 30th Oct. Can you confirm if my wife will need my naturalization certification. I plan to apply for passport but she needs my naturalization certificate then will have to wait till her interview is done. Any idea about this?

Timeline
10 minutes ago, AMK111 said:

My interview is on 29th Sept and my wife's interview on 30th Oct. Can you confirm if my wife will need my naturalization certification. I plan to apply for passport but she needs my naturalization certificate then will have to wait till her interview is done. Any idea about this?

You are both applying under 5 year rule I assume? With that, each applicant qualifies individually so your certificate should not be required for her naturalization. I would however double check this with the IO during your interview, since you have them right in front of you and don't need to go through the mis-information line :)

36 minutes ago, AMK111 said:

We just finished completing interview and oath ceremony similar to your case in Newark.  Spouse was in Sep 15 and mine was in Sep 16. I did not require her Naturalization Certificate during my interview next day. IO did ask about her status during interview I just responded she became a citizen previous day. 

Just to summarize recent experience in Newark

Whole process took about 4-5 hours -- For us Oath ceremony completed in the same day, but IO did suggest sometimes it gets carried forward if there is a hold up 

Seating area is sufficiently spaced and everyone wears masks, for anyone with Covid concerns

Civics interview was as expected, all questions coming from the booklet

IO did not ask for any documents in my case

I did mention about traffic offenses, but IO said that is ok and did not ask for any details

For my spouse,

they did ask her EAD which she did not have, but IO was ok with it. Not sure what triggered , probably they wanted to confirm she wasn't employed as mentioned in the application

Tax returns for 4 years helped

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Algeria
Timeline
5 hours ago, Quarknase said:

According to USCIS they were supposed to re-schedule all cancelled appointments within 90 days after re-opening. Did you see the above comment about making an inquiry via online account "unsolicited documents"? Good luck!

I could not find the Unsolicited Documents inquiry! but I tried to send an inquiry for Outside normal processing time and they said that my case is within the range

knowing that I applied on Sept 16, 2019!

Timeline
6 minutes ago, Yaz86 said:

I could not find the Unsolicited Documents inquiry! but I tried to send an inquiry for Outside normal processing time and they said that my case is within the range

knowing that I applied on Sept 16, 2019!

It's under the documents tab in your online account.

The current processing time for Newark as announced on the USCIS website is 13.5 - 20 months and outside normal processing time inquiries may be done only for applications with receipt date January 31 2019 or before. You can look it up here and save yourself some time with inquiries that will get denied by default :) https://egov.uscis.gov/processing-times/

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: India
Timeline
On 9/18/2020 at 8:52 AM, Quarknase said:

You are both applying under 5 year rule I assume? With that, each applicant qualifies individually so your certificate should not be required for her naturalization. I would however double check this with the IO during your interview, since you have them right in front of you and don't need to go through the mis-information line :)

Thanks a lot. That is a good idea.

On 9/18/2020 at 9:33 AM, Sal53 said:

We just finished completing interview and oath ceremony similar to your case in Newark.  Spouse was in Sep 15 and mine was in Sep 16. I did not require her Naturalization Certificate during my interview next day. IO did ask about her status during interview I just responded she became a citizen previous day. 

Just to summarize recent experience in Newark

Whole process took about 4-5 hours -- For us Oath ceremony completed in the same day, but IO did suggest sometimes it gets carried forward if there is a hold up 

Seating area is sufficiently spaced and everyone wears masks, for anyone with Covid concerns

Civics interview was as expected, all questions coming from the booklet

IO did not ask for any documents in my case

I did mention about traffic offenses, but IO said that is ok and did not ask for any details

For my spouse,

they did ask her EAD which she did not have, but IO was ok with it. Not sure what triggered , probably they wanted to confirm she wasn't employed as mentioned in the application

Tax returns for 4 years helped

Thanks a lot for detailed notes. This helps.

Hi Everyone,

I attended my combo N400 & I751 interview at Mt. Laurel yesterday (Sept. 24). My N400 interview was scheduled originally for April 17, but cancelled due to covid. The interviews went well. Officers were very nice. I passed my test and approved for both n400 and I751. I had the oath ceremony the same day. I am a US citizen now. My UCSCIS case status were updated for both cases, first N400, then for I751. 

Good luck to everyone who are still waiting for their interviews. This has been an extremely supportive online community for me, and I hope everyone gets their citizenship soon! Thank you for all crowdsourcing information about your experiences and support.

In case nobody mentioned this lately:

The Newark office SUC*S! 😒

Someone here said that all people who already had an interview which was then cancelled due to COVID-19 should receive a new appointment within 90 days.

Is there any web/news source supporting this claim?

We are now approaching day 120 and ABSOLUTELY NOTHING in regards to re-scheduling happens... 🤬

Any suggestions other than to simply wait/sit this out?

(Filed 09/2019, Bio 09/2019, Original interview: 04/2020)

Timeline
14 minutes ago, Newark09_2019 said:

Someone here said that all people who already had an interview which was then cancelled due to COVID-19 should receive a new appointment within 90 days.

We are now approaching day 120 and ABSOLUTELY NOTHING in regards to re-scheduling happens... 🤬

Yup. Get your congressperson to inquire on your behalf what the delay is all about.

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Algeria
Timeline
21 minutes ago, Newark09_2019 said:

I'm in the same situation, filed on Sept 2019, original interview April 29th, 2019

and I'm still waiting to get rescheduled

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Hungary
Timeline

So, we went to my husbands N400 interview at Mount Laurel and after all the tests and questions they said that they couldn't approve N400 because they had "no documentation of the I751 on file." We demanded to speak to a supervisor because just last month we had an infopass appointment because the extension ran out and they refused to give a stamp because of this appointment, the girl assured us that we'd have no problems because everything we needed was there and good. We were really not expecting this... I even have emails from them that say the case is at Mount Laurel, but now no one there knows anything. The supervisor stated they'd find it later in the office and then said it was in Vermont and then said it was in the office. They really have no explanation and kept giving bs following script answers, no one was any help.  It was like they were avoiding answering questions. 

They ended up giving us a passport stamp that expires next October.... so I'm guessing we're not seeing the end of this anytime soon. 

Idk at what point this becomes too much, I751 has been pending for almost two years and now no one can even tell us where our file is. Any advice on what to do now? Would a lawyer be any help? We're so frustrated and over this. 

Timeline
12 minutes ago, nagylyndsey said:

So, we went to my husbands N400 interview at Mount Laurel and after all the tests and questions they said that they couldn't approve N400 because they had "no documentation of the I751 on file." We demanded to speak to a supervisor because just last month we had an infopass appointment because the extension ran out and they refused to give a stamp because of this appointment, the girl assured us that we'd have no problems because everything we needed was there and good. We were really not expecting this... I even have emails from them that say the case is at Mount Laurel, but now no one there knows anything. The supervisor stated they'd find it later in the office and then said it was in Vermont and then said it was in the office. They really have no explanation and kept giving bs following script answers, no one was any help.  It was like they were avoiding answering questions. 

They ended up giving us a passport stamp that expires next October.... so I'm guessing we're not seeing the end of this anytime soon. 

Idk at what point this becomes too much, I751 has been pending for almost two years and now no one can even tell us where our file is. Any advice on what to do now? Would a lawyer be any help? We're so frustrated and over this. 

At this point it almost looks like things are being delayed after voter registration smh.

Reach our to the USCIS ombudsman and your Congress members and senators. The field office will have to answer to all of them and they’ll keep following up on your behalf.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.