capavasi

Montreal medical & Consulate interview Reviews

494 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
39 minutes ago, capavasi said:

No they didn’t require it any letter of employment, although we had it just in case 

Okay, thank you!

Also - will you let us know when you receive your visa? So curious about the times! Our interview is the 13th. 

Normally they just ask for the tax transcript from the year before but when I went she asked for that and said if you have other things to support the affidavit please give them to me.I gave her everything I had pay stubs, w-2s and employment letter. Might be good to have them just in case. Depends on who you get asking for forms.

• 1 month later...
Timeline

My status changed the 'ready', woot!! but when I submitted the DS 160 it didn't ask for payment like I thought it would.

When do we pay the fee $265? DS-160, p3, p4 or at interview?  aviator99 D and T Cm6307

Timeline

I also just saw my status change to "Ready" on CEAC but have not received a letter or email from the Consulate.

How did it work for those you have heard from the Consulate? Letter in the mail or email?

Should I pay the Visa Fee now and book an interview or wait??

Thanks!

2 minutes ago, villemarie said:

I also just saw my status change to "Ready" on CEAC but have not received a letter or email from the Consulate.

How did it work for those you have heard from the Consulate? Letter in the mail or email?

Thanks!

I would think you need to Submit "Packet 3" first (https://ca.usembassy.gov/wp-content/uploads/sites/27/2016/07/Packet3Instructions-K1.pdf) . Once this is submitted via email, you will get Packet 4 which will give instructions on how to schedule medical and interview. 

Timeline
5 minutes ago, deepakchani said:

I would think you need to Submit "Packet 3" first (https://ca.usembassy.gov/wp-content/uploads/sites/27/2016/07/Packet3Instructions-K1.pdf) . Once this is submitted via email, you will get Packet 4 which will give instructions on how to schedule medical and interview. 

But Ive received NO instruction whatsoever from the Consulate. Is it ok to go ahead of them??

2 minutes ago, villemarie said:

But Ive received NO instruction whatsoever from the Consulate. Is it ok to go ahead of them??

I would call the Consulate to ask is it OK to send them because you already have your number. I have read on this website that some people send Packet 3 ahead of time and they have no problem.

Timeline
7 minutes ago, deepakchani said:

I would call the Consulate to ask is it OK to send them because you already have your number. I have read on this website that some people send Packet 3 ahead of time and they have no problem.

Thank you for your replies :)
Unfortunately the Consulate is currently not taking phone calls about these matters... Ive emailed them but they gave a standardized response of course :P 

I will wait!

Timeline
On 2/6/2018 at 12:27 PM, A & C 1 said:

My status changed the 'ready', woot!! but when I submitted the DS 160 it didn't ask for payment like I thought it would.

When do we pay the fee $265? DS-160, p3, p4 or at interview?  aviator99 D and T Cm6307

Hmm not during the DS-160 that's for sure, i'm not sure really, definitely not P3 cause I already emailed my P3 last Friday (no P4 response yet). Mayyyyybeee when we get P4 and can go online to setup the interview, I think their site might allow the payment of the fee but i'm not completely sure really. Worst case is we just pay it at the embassy. But not DS-160 and not P3 thats for sure.

1 hour ago, villemarie said:

Thanks!

When was the "last updated" date indicated on your CEAC? I was just looking at your timeline and it left the NVC on Jan 17th and just changed to ready today? Wowww that seems so long. Ours left Jan 24th and changed to ready Feb 2nd. 

Packet 3 comes via mail (sometimes), but you are better off emailing Packet 3 right away when it says READY on the CEAC site and hope they respond ASAP with Packet 4. But it can take a while. Give it a few days and if you don't hear from them, email Packet 3 again.

Packet 3 states you cannot book an interview until you receive Packet 4. All interviews booked before receiving Packet 4 will be cancelled. You can't pay the Visa fee yet because there is no place to do that until (maybe) the interview-booking stage or when you actually go to the interview. All communication with Montreal is done via email so Packet 4 will come via an email response to your Packet 3 email.

Edited by aviator99
Added info

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.