AJ001

NVC (November 2017 Approvals)

1,618 posts in this topic

1 hour ago, Perfect two 💑 said:

Anyone here buys their flight ticket first before the interview and have visa on hand?

I advise you not to book any plane ticket until you check on the CEAC link that your case status has changed into "ISSUED". Some of the people on Visajourney had to cancel their flights because their case was on Administrative Processing for a few weeks even though they got approved on the interview date. 

Edited by msscarlette

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline
1 hour ago, K1VisaApplicant05 said:

Congrats on the letter!!!

I was wondering...are you the petitioner living in the US? also, how many days after getting your case number from NVC did you get this letter?

Thank you! I'm the beneficiary in the UK. It was around 2 weeks from getting the case number to receiving the letter :)

Timeline
Just now, Nefertari said:

My case was received 12th January, how much time to them give me the number? I am disappointed... 

Mine took 10 days. It will happen. Take joy in the fact you’re clear of USCIS🙂

Timeline

HELP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The NVC forwarded our case of the 17th January to the London Embassy. Me being the beneficiary phoned the NVC to update my change of address but they had already sent the case. We had no notification of this.

Does anyone know if they will update the London Embassy with this change of address?

How do the London Embassy communicate with me the Beneficiary? Is it via email or letter?

I have filled out an online form and submitted it to the Embassy however I havent heard anything back.

The lack of communication from the NVC has not helped this situation...

My CEAC status says READY and case last updated today.

Timeline
1 hour ago, Cyxs said:

Anyone from the UK advise on how long it takes in transit to arrive? I tried the DHS tracking trick and cannot seem to find it anywhere!

Took mine about two weeks from when we got the number over the phone, but only about a week from when the status changed to in transit.

Timeline
14 minutes ago, tpmd said:

Took mine about two weeks from when we got the number over the phone, but only about a week from when the status changed to in transit.

Hopefully not long then! I can't track it but it changed to In Transit on the 17th, 2 of those days was the weekend

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Malaysia
Timeline
7 hours ago, Nefertari said:

My case was received 12th January, how much time to them give me the number? I am disappointed... 

Some of it takes 1-2 weeks for them to provide the case number. But, our case, we got the case number on the same day. Have you call them and check? Hope you will get your case number soon :D

DISCLAIMER: I'm not working with USCIS/NVC and never work with them. All my comment based on my own experience and what I read. 

"When you have a fight with your partner, remember that it is not you against your partner but it is both of you against the problem" :) 

I-129F Sent : 2017-05-12

I-129F NOA1 :

I-129F NOA2:

2017-06-17

2017-11-29 (Date on hard copy) / 2017-11-30 (Date USCIS Website/Online Tracker App)

NVC Received Date:                 2018-01-16

NVC Case No. assigned:         2018-01-16

NVC Left:                                    2018-01-20

Consulate Received:                2018-01-22

Packet 3 Received:                   2018-01-27

Packet 3 Sent:                           2018-01-27

Interview Date:                          2018-03-08

Visa Received:                          2018-03-13

US Entry:                                    2018-03-19

SSN Application:                      2018-04-03

SSN Received:                          2018-05-02

Marriage:                                   2018-05-05

Marriage Certificate

Received:                                   2018-05-15

Change name in SSN:             2018-06-04

AOS, AP & EAD submitted:    2018-07-06

NOA 1 (email):                          2018-07-10

NOA 1 (mail):                            2018-07-16

Biometric app:                          2018-08-09

EAD & AP Received:                2018-xx-xx

AOS Interview:                          2018-09-24 
Approval/Denied:                      Approved 

Green Card Received:             2018-09-29

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Malaysia
Timeline
7 hours ago, K1VisaApplicant05 said:

Is the Department of State/NVC and are the embassy's still open with the government being shut down?

I copy this from a group on facebook.

The US Govt is shutdown due to disagreements in the budget.
How long will it be? unknown, my opinion is less than 1 week

How will it effect Visa applications? it won't
USCIS and the US embassy visa's are funded by the fees that we pay so they stay open. 
very very little effect at all maybe some phone operators are off but we won't know that until Monday.

DON"T WORRY ABOUT IT!!! I was here in the last shutdown and pretty much nothing happened,

How the Federal Government Shutdown Affects U.S. Immigration Services.

The last time it happened there was very very little effect on the family visa process (K1 included) USCIS and embassies continued to work like normal.

The Department of State (DOS):
Since DOS offices are usually funded for a two-year period, DOS will continue to process such applications as long as sufficient funds are available to execute consular services. Nevertheless, past experiences with similar shutdowns suggest that any applications filed during this period will experience significant delays in processing. If the shutdown becomes protracted, it is possible that DOS will suspend all services other than emergency support for U.S. citizens abroad. We, therefore recommend that applicants plan their travel accordingly and if they must apply for visas during the government shut-down, that they attempt to schedule the earliest appointment possible.

NVC is part of DOS, and is funded by the fees they collect they are open but maybe the phone operators maybe off, the other workers continue to work and process applications.

U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS)
they continue to process I-129f and I-130's. But background checks with the FBI could be delayed. 
Key USCIS systems will be suspended or limited. The USCIS Electronic Immigration System (USCIS ELIS), which includes E-Verify, will not be operational. While E-Verify is non-operational, companies will not be able to verify new employee eligibility or enroll them into the system.

Why would the gov't shutdown? (no politcs) 
basically out gov't can not agree on a budget and the funding (money) stops.

How long will the shutdown be? we don't even know if it will happen today or not, I say it would only last a few days at most.

STATE DEPARTMENT

Many State Department operations will continue in a shutdown. Passport and visa processing, which are largely self-funded by consumer fees, will not shut down. The agency's main headquarters in Washington, in consultation with the nearly 300 embassies, consulates and other diplomatic missions around the world, will draw up lists of nonessential employees who will be furloughed.

HOMELAND SECURITY DEPARTMENT (includes USCIS )

A department spokesman said nearly 90 percent of Homeland Security employees are considered essential and will continue to perform their duties during a government shutdown.

That means most Customs and Border Protection and Transportation Security Administration workers will stay on the job, according to the department's shutdown plan, dated Friday.

Immigration and Customs Enforcement will be staffed at about 78 percent, meaning more than 15,000 of the agency's employees will keep working. The Secret Service, also part of Homeland Security, will retain more than 5,700 employees during the shutdown.

Adjudications at US Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS), the agency at the US Department of Homeland Security that reviews nonimmigrant and immigrant petitions and applications for immigration benefits, is fee-funded, and should continue on a normal schedule. Visa processing at US Department of State consular posts would likely not be affected for the same reason, at least initially, though an extended shutdown could lead to a suspension of services other than emergency support for US citizens. If posts are forced to scale back, past experience suggests that visa applications may be affected first. During the 1995 and 1996 shutdowns, which together lasted 27 days, an estimated 20,000–30,000 visa applications went unprocessed every day. Officers with US Customs and Border Protection and Immigration and Customs Enforcement are “essential” personnel, which means these agencies should also operate on a normal schedule.

DISCLAIMER: I'm not working with USCIS/NVC and never work with them. All my comment based on my own experience and what I read. 

"When you have a fight with your partner, remember that it is not you against your partner but it is both of you against the problem" :) 

I-129F Sent : 2017-05-12

I-129F NOA1 :

I-129F NOA2:

2017-06-17

2017-11-29 (Date on hard copy) / 2017-11-30 (Date USCIS Website/Online Tracker App)

NVC Received Date:                 2018-01-16

NVC Case No. assigned:         2018-01-16

NVC Left:                                    2018-01-20

Consulate Received:                2018-01-22

Packet 3 Received:                   2018-01-27

Packet 3 Sent:                           2018-01-27

Interview Date:                          2018-03-08

Visa Received:                          2018-03-13

US Entry:                                    2018-03-19

SSN Application:                      2018-04-03

SSN Received:                          2018-05-02

Marriage:                                   2018-05-05

Marriage Certificate

Received:                                   2018-05-15

Change name in SSN:             2018-06-04

AOS, AP & EAD submitted:    2018-07-06

NOA 1 (email):                          2018-07-10

NOA 1 (mail):                            2018-07-16

Biometric app:                          2018-08-09

EAD & AP Received:                2018-xx-xx

AOS Interview:                          2018-09-24 
Approval/Denied:                      Approved 

Green Card Received:             2018-09-29

Timeline
2 hours ago, Cyxs said:

Anyone from the UK advise on how long it takes in transit to arrive? I tried the DHS tracking trick and cannot seem to find it anywhere!

Trick?

Never heard of this. I thought the files were scanned electronically once they got to NVC.

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Sweden
Timeline
On ‎1‎/‎19‎/‎2018 at 3:16 PM, msscarlette said:

It took 3 days to deliver my case to the embassy. We didn’t even get to ask for our case number from NVC . My fiancé woke up yesterday and he received Packet 3 in his email from the US Embassy.

Oh wow! About how long was it between the case being delivered to the embassy, and him receiving Packet 3?

Håll ut, y'all.

K1 Process                                                                                AOS Process

July 2015 - met online thanks to Zak Bagans                                                            May 25, 2018 - South Carolina marriage license issued

June 2016 - first in-person meeting                                                                             May 26, 2018 - legally married

August 2016 - stateside visit                                                                                        June 7, 2018 - applied for Social Security Number [manual verification required]

February-April 2017 - stateside visit                                                                           June 18, 2018 - SSN/card received in the mail

April 4, 2017 - got engaged                                                                                          June 30, 2018 - submitted I-485 (AOS)/I-765 (EAD)/I-131 (AP) together

June 5, 2017 - submitted I129F                                                                                   July 9, 2018 - AOS/EAD/AP electronic NOA1 received

June 12, 2017 - received NOA1                                                                                   July 13, 2018 - AOS/EAD/AP hard copy NOA1 received (dated July 6, 2018)

December 1, 2017 - received NOA2                                                                            July 25, 2018 - Biometrics appointment (Charlotte, NC)

January 17, 2018 - NVC received case                                                                      August 1, 2018 - case status updated to "Ready to be Scheduled for Interview"

January 18, 2018 - received NVC case number by phone                                      August 11, 2018 - case status updated to "I-485 Interview Scheduled"

January 24, 2018 - packet received via email                                                           August 16, 2018 - AOS Interview Scheduled letter received

February 15, 2018 - medical appointment                                                                 August 28, 2018 - visited civil surgeon (Winston-Salem, NC) to complete I-693

February-March 2018 - trip to Gothenburg                                                                                                [beneficiary had to get one remaining vaccination stateside]

February 22, 2018 - interview at the US Embassy in Stockholm                            September 18, 2018 - I-485/AOS Interview in Greer, SC

[passed, pending receipt of medical papers]                           September 18, 2018 - case status updated to "Card Has Been Issued/Mailed"

February 27, 2018 - medical papers received by Embassy                                     September 25, 2018 - Green Card received in the mail

March 5, 2018 - visa received in the mail with passport                                          October 6, 2018 - traditional wedding with family & friends

May 16, 2018 - POE in Charlotte, NC

Up next.... Removal of Conditions!

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Sweden
Timeline

My understanding on the effects from the government shutdown:

The NVC is part of the Department of State. Folks already moved on to that portion of the process should be fine. USCIS is also fee based, which means it should continue to run as usual - at least until the money runs out. Government shutdown shouldn't last so long that it does, though. They've happened in the past and things did not fall apart. These things mostly effect people who have government associated jobs.

Håll ut, y'all.

K1 Process                                                                                AOS Process

July 2015 - met online thanks to Zak Bagans                                                            May 25, 2018 - South Carolina marriage license issued

June 2016 - first in-person meeting                                                                             May 26, 2018 - legally married

August 2016 - stateside visit                                                                                        June 7, 2018 - applied for Social Security Number [manual verification required]

February-April 2017 - stateside visit                                                                           June 18, 2018 - SSN/card received in the mail

April 4, 2017 - got engaged                                                                                          June 30, 2018 - submitted I-485 (AOS)/I-765 (EAD)/I-131 (AP) together

June 5, 2017 - submitted I129F                                                                                   July 9, 2018 - AOS/EAD/AP electronic NOA1 received

June 12, 2017 - received NOA1                                                                                   July 13, 2018 - AOS/EAD/AP hard copy NOA1 received (dated July 6, 2018)

December 1, 2017 - received NOA2                                                                            July 25, 2018 - Biometrics appointment (Charlotte, NC)

January 17, 2018 - NVC received case                                                                      August 1, 2018 - case status updated to "Ready to be Scheduled for Interview"

January 18, 2018 - received NVC case number by phone                                      August 11, 2018 - case status updated to "I-485 Interview Scheduled"

January 24, 2018 - packet received via email                                                           August 16, 2018 - AOS Interview Scheduled letter received

February 15, 2018 - medical appointment                                                                 August 28, 2018 - visited civil surgeon (Winston-Salem, NC) to complete I-693

February-March 2018 - trip to Gothenburg                                                                                                [beneficiary had to get one remaining vaccination stateside]

February 22, 2018 - interview at the US Embassy in Stockholm                            September 18, 2018 - I-485/AOS Interview in Greer, SC

[passed, pending receipt of medical papers]                           September 18, 2018 - case status updated to "Card Has Been Issued/Mailed"

February 27, 2018 - medical papers received by Embassy                                     September 25, 2018 - Green Card received in the mail

March 5, 2018 - visa received in the mail with passport                                          October 6, 2018 - traditional wedding with family & friends

May 16, 2018 - POE in Charlotte, NC

Up next.... Removal of Conditions!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.