32 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Egypt
Timeline
2 hours ago, no_where_man said:

Egypt, unfortunately, is a high fraud country and they put many ppl on AP. K1 petition expires unlike the CR1. Either you will hear from them or it will be set to expire. In this case, you can file another K1 or simply get married(which has nothing to do with her having kids or not). After getting married in Egypt, she goes back to the US and file I-130 to petition you. That of course takes time, currently 10-12 months average until interview...No guarantee that a CR1 will be approved at interview as they can still deny you and in this case, unlike the K1, CR1 will go back to USCIS who in turn send u a NOIR requesting further evidence (this usually takes months). If the case is reaffirmed at the USCIS, they send it to the embassy with recommendation to approve, however, again it is up the embassy.

They usually look for red flags that might indicate that the marriage is for the sake of immigration. Common red flags are big age gap, different religions/backgrounds. specially when it is a young male getting married to a US female who is much older, with kids, and different religion/background. Not saying your case is one of those, but giving you an idea on what to expect. Contact the embassy every now and then and hopefully you hear something for sure. 

In other cases, your CR1 can be approved on the spot like many others...but I thought to give you an idea that might relates to your situations. Hope that helps man. 

Would you still recommend getting married and applying for CR1 with those red flags we have (age difference, religion difference)?

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Morocco
Timeline
12 hours ago, EandH0904 said:

It expires 4 months from when you got your noa2, so it's prob almost there. We got put AP after my fiance had his interview  (Morocco not Egypt) and after 14 weeks it was returned to US and expired. 

I'd give it SOME amount of time, after it expires, have her contact her congressman representative to see where it's at. We set a deadline of 6 months, if we hadn't heard in 6 months, we would get married. 

I was told by the NVC that as long as the application is in the beneficaries embassy in AP it won’t expire. The expiration date only applies if the application is returned to the US. Idk if that’s true though.

anyway, setting a deadline to wait and then marrying is great advice! My fiancé and I set a 2 month deadline (because the co told him he would know within a month) and ended up only bein in AP for like 2-3 weeks and then he was approved.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Morocco
Timeline
26 minutes ago, TamaraN said:

I was told by the NVC that as long as the application is in the beneficaries embassy in AP it won’t expire. The expiration date only applies if the application is returned to the US. Idk if that’s true though.

You are correct.  However finding out if your application is still in country or has been returned is something congressman office can help with. I wrote them twice a week without respibse, my congressman emailed them and got same day response. 

Timeline
1 hour ago, Samabdu said:

Would you still recommend getting married and applying for CR1 with those red flags we have (age difference, religion difference)?

How long are you willing to wait to be together? If the answer is forever, then do it. You could be in AP for a year or more after cR1 interview. They could reject it and it would take a year or more for a 2nd interview. If you can stand being apart indefinitely with her visiting you frequently, then go for it. 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Wales
Timeline

The quickest way for you to be together would be for her to move.

“If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle.”

Timeline

@Samabdu this was just posted. I don't know them or their story but married and still on AP thriugh Cairo 8 months now. 

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/653703-ap/

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Morocco
Timeline
17 hours ago, TamaraN said:

anyway, setting a deadline to wait and then marrying is great advice! My fiancé and I set a 2 month deadline (because the co told him he would know within a month) and ended up only bein in AP for like 2-3 weeks and then he was approved.

then why did they say ours had been returnded to US 20 minutes after the interview?    a lie of course but once they do  not keep the passport or take fingerprints, it is over and case goes back to US

if they keep passport and do the fingerprinting, then  it has a chance to still be at embassy 

Timeline
4 hours ago, adil-rafa said:

then why did they say ours had been returnded to US 20 minutes after the interview?    a lie of course but once they do  not keep the passport or take fingerprints, it is over and case goes back to US

if they keep passport and do the fingerprinting, then  it has a chance to still be at embassy 

If yours was returned 20 minutes after the interview then I take that as a denial? It doesn’t contradict what I said about it not expiring if it STAYS in the beneficiaries country...

my fiances passport was kept at the embassy, and he was approved, so I do think that’s a good indication if it will be approved, or at least if it has a chance to be approved or not, at least in Morocco. My fiancé said they finger print everyone though. He said it’s the first thing they did when he got there, and he sat there and watched them from finger print everyone else.

Edited by TamaraN

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Morocco
Timeline
2 hours ago, TamaraN said:

If yours was returned 20 minutes after the interview then I take that as a denial? It doesn’t contradict what I said about it not expiring if it STAYS in the beneficiaries country...

my fiances passport was kept at the embassy, and he was approved, so I do think that’s a good indication if it will be approved, or at least if it has a chance to be approved or not, at least in Morocco. My fiancé said they finger print everyone though. He said it’s the first thing they did when he got there, and he sat there and watched them from finger print everyone else.

it was a denial but not keeping passport and doing fingerprints is also a denial / they did not ask for additional documents

this poor couple will wait several months and the find out case is returned to US

Timeline
On 11/15/2017 at 9:01 AM, EandH0904 said:

@Samabdu this was just posted. I don't know them or their story but married and still on AP thriugh Cairo 8 months now. 

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/653703-ap/

Looks like the post has been removed

On 11/15/2017 at 8:26 PM, adil-rafa said:

They took my fingerprints but didn't keep the passport

Timeline
On 11/16/2017 at 1:22 AM, TamaraN said:

Yes, they take everyone's fingerprints in Egypt too

Timeline
On 11/15/2017 at 3:04 AM, EandH0904 said:

How long are you willing to wait to be together? If the answer is forever, then do it. You could be in AP for a year or more after cR1 interview. They could reject it and it would take a year or more for a 2nd interview. If you can stand being apart indefinitely with her visiting you frequently, then go for it. 

we contacted a congressman still waiting for reply. I think we will wait a couple until my medical exam expires then try our chances with CR1 since she can't move here with me.

Timeline

hello all,

My fiance had her interview back on June 6th, 2017 the CO asked for additional documents that was sent to them back on June 12 and we have been on AP since then and he did give her the passport back which it make since because he doesn't know how long it will take us to send the additional docs so why would he keep it?? my congressmen contacted the embassy and received the same response that the case is undergoing mandatory AP and once it's completed they will contact my fiance so don't rely on the congressmen too much. when I contact NVC they keep saying the case still under AP and I have asked if they will know if the case is returned and they said yes and I was told that the CO can extend the application expiration as long as they want if they still working on the case. I have couple of questions:

1- has anyone knows someone that was approved after placed on AP for a long time?

2- how long is the medical exam good for?

Thank you.

Yasser

Timeline
17 hours ago, Samabdu said:

we contacted a congressman still waiting for reply. I think we will wait a couple until my medical exam expires then try our chances with CR1 since she can't move here with me.

That is the best bet. Did your AP notice say something about it being resolved in 60 days? Ours did, so we agreed to wait 3 months and if we hadn’t heard anything I would have moved there and eventually did the spousal visa.

Timeline
6 hours ago, Yasser&Neveen said:

hello all,

My fiance had her interview back on June 6th, 2017 the CO asked for additional documents that was sent to them back on June 12 and we have been on AP since then and he did give her the passport back which it make since because he doesn't know how long it will take us to send the additional docs so why would he keep it?? my congressmen contacted the embassy and received the same response that the case is undergoing mandatory AP and once it's completed they will contact my fiance so don't rely on the congressmen too much. when I contact NVC they keep saying the case still under AP and I have asked if they will know if the case is returned and they said yes and I was told that the CO can extend the application expiration as long as they want if they still working on the case. I have couple of questions:

1- has anyone knows someone that was approved after placed on AP for a long time?

2- how long is the medical exam good for?

Thank you.

Yasser

A lot of people have been in AP for a very long time. They said yes that the application was returned to the USA? Unfortunately, if that is the case it will most likely be denied. You may want to make plans to marry and do the spousal visa.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.