967 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Venezuela
Timeline
12 hours ago, Olivia2804 said:

I don't think i it means anything other than USCIS is unreliable haha but hopefully good news for you :)

lol :( than answer was from over 15 days ago. I received a response from the Ombudsman saying that they are already reviewing my case with USCIS this week. 

I hope to receive answers next week!

Edited by aasupp

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: France
Timeline

Hi guys

I just received an RFE this morning (online not the actual mail yet), after 170+ days lol. Do you know how long it takes for them to deal with it after they receive it?

Thanks

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline
4 hours ago, Olivia2804 said:

Hi guys

I just received an RFE this morning (online not the actual mail yet), after 170+ days lol. Do you know how long it takes for them to deal with it after they receive it?

Thanks

it depends im november filer 2017 and i got RFE dec 2017 and until now they didnt update my status yet its been 6months and no uodates

Timeline
33 minutes ago, Emmz said:

it depends im november filer 2017 and i got RFE dec 2017 and until now they didnt update my status yet its been 6months and no uodates

Hopefully it is coming soon! Have you contacted congressman or ombudsman?

Timeline
2 hours ago, Emmz said:

not yet how to contact them?

For the Ombudsman you can find a link on the USCIS website https://www.dhs.gov/case-assistance.

For your Congress(wo)man, you have to google who (s)he is and get in touch with them. They usually have a form on their website.

My Congressman has been really helpful and quick!

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Germany
Timeline
20 hours ago, Olivia2804 said:

For the Ombudsman you can find a link on the USCIS website https://www.dhs.gov/case-assistance.

For your Congress(wo)man, you have to google who (s)he is and get in touch with them. They usually have a form on their website.

My Congressman has been really helpful and quick!

Hey, can you elaborate on the whole "contacting your congress(wo)man" a bit? You can send me a personal DM, too. I am about to do the same but I don't know where to start. I've heard that I need to fill out a privacy release form? Please help!

Local Field office: Raleigh, NC

Filed I-130, I130A, I-485, I-765 & I-864
Date Mailed: 01/25/2018
Date Received: 01/30/2018
Date Received NOA Letters: 02/06/2018
Received Biometrics Letter: 02/17/2018
Biometrics Done: 02/26/2018
RFIE (I485): 02/23/2018
RFIE in mailbox: 3/3/2018
RFIE received by USCIS: 3/8/2018
USCIS update - EAD being produced and sent to me: 5/25
EAD sent me to: 5/31
I-485 "ready to schedule interview: 6/1
EAD in hand: 6/4
i485 interview notice has been sent in the mail: 6/4

Timeline
3 hours ago, CaroLeh said:

Hey, can you elaborate on the whole "contacting your congress(wo)man" a bit? You can send me a personal DM, too. I am about to do the same but I don't know where to start. I've heard that I need to fill out a privacy release form? Please help!

The first step is to figure out who your congressman is. If you are not sure your spouse can probably help you. Then you go to their website and fill out the privacy release form. With or in the form, it will ask yo to describe your situation and tell them why your contacting them. Try to tell a story, not just that you have been waiting for too long. After that you submit the form (or send it through email/mail depending what they ask). Then they should contact you.

Make sure you are out of processing times, otherwise they will probably tell you they can't help.

If you can't figure out what to do once you are on their website, you can also call them and they will tell you what to do exactly.

Good luck!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Australia
Timeline

Well folks, another week of disappointment!  173 days and counting with no online status change and no RFIE. 

It is a very good thing that my wife doesn't HAVE to go home and catch up with her family or anything after a year of being away.  Thank God for the ability to change flight dates!  -_- 

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Mexico
Timeline

Quick post- i've been in touch with an August filer in NJ, which is also my state. They have received their interview date. Goes to show how states vary in their time, but gives me a bit of hope that mine will come in a few months. 

Patiently waiting. I know its hard, but, trying to stay calm and positive. Unfortunatly with the new administration, there were some changes that just delayed our process. 

But, we will get there! 

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: France
Timeline

So...after so many time without news, an RFE received in the end of April, and them have received it 7 days ago, I just hope things will move a little bit, at least for the EAD or the AD.

i am going to begin to call anybody I can call to have some news, even if I know the RFE is going to delay everything. 

I am just super hurry to have the possibility to travel or work. 

So...after so many time without news, an RFE received in the end of April, and them have received it 7 days ago, I just hope things will move a little bit, at least for the EAD or the AD.

i am going to begin to call anybody I can call to have some news, even if I know the RFE is going to delay everything. 

Timeline
3 hours ago, butterfly789 said:

I am right there with you! I received an RFE request last Friday and sent the back docs the same day. How long did it take them to notify you that they had received it after your RFE packet was delivered?

I have read a lot that it roughly takes a week or two for them to approve after they have received it. Fingers crossed!!

Edited by Olivia2804

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.