kccb

I-130 November 2017 Filers

1,222 posts in this topic

On 3/15/2018 at 8:58 AM, iammurph said:

Why does processing of permanent resident is faster than the ones who are us citizens

On 3/6/2018 at 3:48 AM, jwferg said:

Got my I-130 approval today.

I-130 PD 11/24/17.

Submitted I-129F for K3 visa in late January. PD 2/1/18.

Both went to TSC.

I-130 approval 3/1/18.

<3

Grats for getting approved so fast! Did u request for an expedite or it just happened naturally? I’m still waiting nervously for mine :( 

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Haiti
Timeline
On 1/24/2018 at 5:41 AM, Jaz12 said:

Hi everyone!!

My husband and I received the NOA1 on November 23th it shows that our case was sent  to Texas, i check online with the receip number and it says “case was received” . Anyone knows how long it takes for approval? 

Wish everybody good luck!! 

Congrats 🎈🍾🎊🎉!!!!!

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Ireland
Timeline
On 05/03/2018 at 11:48 AM, jwferg said:

Got my I-130 approval today.

I-130 PD 11/24/17.

Submitted I-129F for K3 visa in late January. PD 2/1/18.

Both went to TSC.

I-130 approval 3/1/18.

<3

Hey, could you please update your profile to say your visa is k-3 and not IR-1. It is throwing off the statistics. When I filtered to complete IR-1 and CR-1 visa petitions, your date in November (which is after my NOA1 date) came up. You might be confusing some people and inducing some unnsessecary false hope! Cheers.

On 3/17/2018 at 10:23 PM, Julie11 said:

Grats for getting approved so fast! Did u request for an expedite or it just happened naturally? I’m still waiting nervously for mine :( 

I didn't ask for expedited or anything. In my cover letter for my K-3, I stated I was applying for it to reduce the time physically being apart. Basically I used the verbiage from the K-3 visa paperwork itself.

18 hours ago, Kevin Bolger said:

Hey, could you please update your profile to say your visa is k-3 and not IR-1. It is throwing off the statistics. When I filtered to complete IR-1 and CR-1 visa petitions, your date in November (which is after my NOA1 date) came up. You might be confusing some people and inducing some unnsessecary false hope! Cheers.

To be clear, my approval was for IR-1, not K-3. My K-3 was denied because my IR-1 was approved. My profile is accurate.

3 hours ago, jwferg said:

I didn't ask for expedited or anything. In my cover letter for my K-3, I stated I was applying for it to reduce the time physically being apart. Basically I used the verbiage from the K-3 visa paperwork itself.

To be clear, my approval was for IR-1, not K-3. My K-3 was denied because my IR-1 was approved. My profile is accurate.

Thx for reply! =)  best luck with ur next steps 

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Egypt
Timeline
16 hours ago, Aerkin said:

Hi guys,

Not sure if you're monitoring the September and October threads but a lot of the later September and early October applications are getting approved.

We are next! :)

Fingers crossed 🤞 

Edited by Sdkmu

Hi Everyone!

So I feel kind of dumb, but as a lot of time goes on, you start overthinking, then you get paranoid 😭. So one thing that confuses me on these forums and timelines is that some people seem to be divided into two groups: K3 or IR-1/CR-1. I just submitted the I-130 form and double-checked with a customer service agent from USCIS via phone and she said that was all I needed to submit was the I-130 and the I-130A as those have to be approved before a K-3 or the IR-1/CR-1 visa would be filled out??? I got my NOA1 for the I-130/I-130A dated as received on November 15th, 2017. Was that all I needed to send to USCIS? Just the I-130/I-130A? Or was I supposed to send another form in as well? I would prefer to just file for the IR-1/CR-1 only anyway. It would be nice if my husband could come by this year (wishful thinking) even though I know he probably won’t be here for the birth of our daughter (yes I’m pregnant 😆). Hopefully I filed everything correctly! Thanks in advance for the responses!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.