michellewillis

November 2017 I-751 Filers

2,169 posts in this topic

On 2/16/2019 at 11:35 PM, happydays13 said:

However, when I logged in to my account via https://my.uscis.gov/account/applicant, it said New card is being produced.

The Case Tracker app and https://egov.uscis.gov/casestatus/landing.do didn't get updated till Feb 14. So remember to log in to your account and check all systems to make sure you get most updated movement on your case.

You guys!! I went to this My Account thing and it says a new card is being generated, with the date Feb 16th!! The Case Status page still shows the previous update which was "case was transferred and new office has jurisdiction."

wac18058

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline

You need to call and find out if they all walk in.  In Philadelphia, it is appointment only now.  I went walk in week before my appointment and they did not allow me.   

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: India
Timeline
1 hour ago, dilip said:

You need to call and find out if they all walk in.  In Philadelphia, it is appointment only now.  I went walk in week before my appointment and they did not allow me.   

Hi @dilip I was able to successfully do a walk in today morning. Took me 20 mins in and out. It’s a relief because I am traveling next week and didn’t want to reschedule on such a short notice.

This is my second biometrics appointment for i751. The last being in December 2017. The main concern is that even though I filed my change of address online they still sent the notice to the older address. Funny thing is that I even got a postal letter confirmation that my address for my pending application has been changed. 

The lady who who took my biometrics checked the address and was able to change it in the system. Nevertheless I will call and follow up. The USPS forwarding mail helped because sometimes they even take it back. 

In another story, as soon as I made my way back home I got a notification that my N400 biometric is scheduled as well. Would have been nice if could have gotten both of them done today.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: India
Timeline
14 minutes ago, Medivh said:

My case was finally approved yesterday!! Woohoo!! (EAC18047XXXXX)

Great! @Medivh was your case at the local office or transferred? I am also EAC1804700xxx.

On 2/15/2019 at 3:56 PM, indianshah said:

I had also filed a joint petition in Nov 2017. However I converted my case to a waiver in Jan 2019. My case status hasn't changed since March 2018. Was wondering if they have approved/interviewed any waiver cases yet and whether waivers have a different timeline compared to joint filing.

I don 't think waivers have different timeline. Also, our cases were filled jointly and we just sent additional papers (divorce decree, other support docs to prove the marriage was true) so I don't think they are considered so much different with the other joint filled cases. just the difference is they HAVE to have an interview for cases like us so maybe that's why it's taking longer than other people getting approvals

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Spain
Timeline
3 hours ago, smolsissy said:

I received an email today feb 19, new card is being produced. WAC 18052..... case transferred to texas jan 11,2019. 

Congratulations , my case transferred to Texas same day 18045xx still waiting

One interesting thing that I have the date of being resident since is different in my both old and new GC.  The old gc date is  02/28/2016 and the new gc date is 04/18/16 so which one I should pick to type in my n400 application? And should I contact USCIS about this mistake or no ? Anyone had similar experience?

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Thailand
Timeline
2 minutes ago, Dantrolene said:

One interesting thing that I have the date of being resident since is different in my both old and new GC.  The old gc date is  02/28/2016 and the new gc date is 04/18/16 so which one I should pick to type in my n400 application? And should I contact USCIS about this mistake or no ? Anyone had similar experience?

You need to ask USCIS to correct that because technically that is the date determining your 3-year eligibility to apply for naturalization.

3 minutes ago, GBOS said:

You need to ask USCIS to correct that because technically that is the date determining your 3-year eligibility to apply for naturalization.

The difference is just 2 months. Anyhow I am still eligible to apply for naturalization. I am inside the window. 

Timeline
Just now, Dantrolene said:

The difference is just 2 months. Anyhow I am still eligible to apply for naturalization. I am inside the window. 

You never know what maybe a result of that mistake by USCIS.  I would get it corrected to make it right, if it was my card.

There was a mass error in 2018 and USCIS recalled the card and corrected them all/

2 minutes ago, GBOS said:

You never know what maybe a result of that mistake by USCIS.  I would get it corrected to make it right, if it was my card.

There was a mass error in 2018 and USCIS recalled the card and corrected them all/

So what would happen when I send it back ? Should I wait for my n400 applciation to sumbit or go ahead and sumbit it including the old GC? I can't wait to end this process to be honest. 

Timeline
1 minute ago, Dantrolene said:

So what would happen when I send it back ? Should I wait for my n400 applciation to sumbit or go ahead and sumbit it including the old GC? I can't wait to end this process to be honest. 

https://egov.uscis.gov/e-request/displayTypoForm.do;jsessionid=abcRlbr4KDOVDfsgtVmKw?entryPoint=init&sroPageType=typoError

You can submit an e-Request to have it corrected.  It will tell you what to do next.

4 minutes ago, GBOS said:

https://egov.uscis.gov/e-request/displayTypoForm.do;jsessionid=abcRlbr4KDOVDfsgtVmKw?entryPoint=init&sroPageType=typoError

You can submit an e-Request to have it corrected.  It will tell you what to do next.

Will fill that form. Thanks a bunch.  Do you know if its okay If I sumbit my n400 form using my old gc ?   It should be fine right because people apply for n400 while they are waiting for their new gc and roc approval, correct ?

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.