Texas Bound

Failed K1, When does Sponsorship End

35 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline
Here's what I would do if it were me:

Write a letter to USCIS explaining the facts only. State the date of his entry and the date he left the residence. Try to keep the emotion to a minimum.

Reference the petition number and his visa number.

Give them the last address he was known to be located at.

Give them contact information so they can get in touch if they would like to verify the situation.

I agree. It's better to cover your butt you neve know what may happen later down the road. I'm not sure anything can be done besides reporting him to the USCIS.

Anna (Chicago) and Javon (Jamaica)

USCIS: I-130 Process

10/30/06 - Married to my loving husband

01/06/07 - NOA1 ($190)

05/16/07 - NOA2!!!!!

NVC: CR-1 Process

05/21/07 - NVC recv'd case (per rep @ NVC)

05/29/07 - NVC Assigned Case # (KNG2007******)

06/01/07 - Faxed change of address request to NVC

06/08/07 - NVC confirmed new address

06/18/07 - DS-3032 (Choice of Agent) & AOS (I-864) Fee Bill generated

06/23/07 - Recv'd DS-3032 & AOS Bill via snail mail

07/09/07 - Emailed DS-3032 (Choice of Agent) to NVC

07/19/07 - Mailed AOS Fee Bill ($70) to St. Louis, MO

07/19/07 - Recv'd email from NVC - Choice of Agent was accepted

07/23/07 - IV (DS-230) Fee Bill was generated

08/11/07 - Recv'd IV Fee Bill via snail mail

08/15/07 - Recv'd AOS Packet in the mail

.png

.png

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline
There will not be any working out. He used me to get here 100%. A girlfriend whom I didn’t know about bought him a ticket back to her state up north & he left the first 6 days he was with me. When he arrived in JFK she picked him up & drove him to Maryland, he only came to see me for 6 days to get the ss card (which wasn’t ready yet). They claim they told INS that I threatened him (this is a lie) & they told him that he still has 90 days to stay here. He refuses to call me or any of his family. His mother found this womans contact #'s & photo at her home. She has been begging me to have him found even if I must file a missing persons report & or all INS to deport him. She feared that he was being threatened by them. It is a whole mess. After the last voice mail they left his cousin, I know that he planned all of this & only had intentions on using me. I want all responsibility voided off of me so I wont have any problems if something happens; especially when he doesn’t go back to Jamaica. He truly knew what to say & do at this point. Please help.

WOW! TEXAS BOUND I SHOW DEEP REGRETS ON WHAT HAPPENED TO YOU..THIS IS CRAZY THAT PEOPLE CAN ACTUALLY BE SO EVIL...I HAVE YOU IN MY THOUGHTS..HE WILL GET WHATS COMING TO HIM..KARMA IS A B...

MOTIVATE A CHILD... SUPPORT OPEN ARMS FOR JAMAICA'S FUTURE, INC. WE NEED A BRIGHTER TOMORROW !!!!!!

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Italy
Timeline

Texas Bound,

Sorry to learn what has happen to you. Be assured of our prayers. It appears that the only thing that you can do is the honest thing and turn him in.

James (USA) Manuela (Italy)

3dflagsdotcom_usa_2fawm.gif3dflagsdotcom_italy_2fawm.gif

Married Nov. 6, 2004

12/02/04 Applied for I-130

12/21/04 I-130 Approved (19 days @ Vermont)

03/24/05 Case Completed (84 days @ NVC)

05/09/05 Got CR-1 Visa (47 days @ Naples)

Total of 158 days

Lifting of Conditions I-751

04/02/07 Expressed mailed in I-130

04/03/07 I-751 received at 1:08pm and signed for by Paul E. Novak Jr. Center Director (day 1)

05/02/07 Check finally clears my bank - appears to have been processed on 4/30 by VSC (day 30)

05/04/07 Received BLUE Finger Print Receipt Notification (day 32)

05/17/07 Received NOA1 dated 5/9/07(day 45)

05/18/07 Received ASC Appointment Notice dated 5/14/07 for June 1st (day 46)

06/01/07 Biometric Appointment today @ 2:00 (day 60)

06/03/07 "Touched" (day 62)

10/26/07 "Card Production Ordered" (217 days from the day the application received and 172 days from NOA1)

10/30/07 Touched again

10/31/07 Received Notice of Removal of Conditional Basis of Lawful Permanent Residence letter, signed by Paul E Novak Jr.

10/31/07 Touched again - if we get touched again does that count as harassment?

11/05/07 10 year green card arrives! (227 days)

US Citizen N-400

03/12/08 To be filed!

dev179pr___.png

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Russia
Timeline

Wow, what a creep. I am so sorry to hear that, Texas Bound :(

I agree with Rebeccajo - report him. And thank God you don't have to be responsible for this piece of ####### financially.

(F) (F) (F)

Filed AOS from F-1
Green Card approved on 01/04/07
Conditions removed 01/29/09

Citizenship Oath 08/23/12

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline
There will not be any working out. He used me to get here 100%. A girlfriend whom I didn’t know about bought him a ticket back to her state up north & he left the first 6 days he was with me. When he arrived in JFK she picked him up & drove him to Maryland, he only came to see me for 6 days to get the ss card (which wasn’t ready yet). They claim they told INS that I threatened him (this is a lie) & they told him that he still has 90 days to stay here. He refuses to call me or any of his family. His mother found this womans contact #'s & photo at her home. She has been begging me to have him found even if I must file a missing persons report & or all INS to deport him. She feared that he was being threatened by them. It is a whole mess. After the last voice mail they left his cousin, I know that he planned all of this & only had intentions on using me. I want all responsibility voided off of me so I wont have any problems if something happens; especially when he doesn’t go back to Jamaica. He truly knew what to say & do at this point. Please help.

Wow, I'm sorry this has hapenned to you! How did your fiancee arrive @ JFK and someone else picked him up instead of you? I'm not sure what if anything you can do at the moment. You can certainly call USCIS, to make sure that the K-1 petition is cancelled. File a missing person's report, and maybe call ICE (Immigration/Customs Enforcement). I'm not sure what they do regarding a K-1 visa overstay, once it gets past the overstay, but they may issue an order of deportation. But if oficially on the I-94 he filled out when enterring the US, it is your address that appears....any mail correspondence would come to you.

Perhaps its worth it to have at least a phone consultation with an immigration attorney, to see what are your options to remove your liability for this person. Good luck!

-P

TEXAS BOUND IMSO SORRY TO HEAR THIS NEWS BUT IM GLAD YOU WERE STRONGENOUGH TO COME TO US YOUR VJ FAMILY. WELL FIRST OF HE IS STUPID CAUSE HE DONT KNOW HOW TO PLAY THE GAME. IF HE DID HE WOULDNT HAVE CUT OUT SO QUICK. GOOD HE DID BUT JUST GOES TO SHOW HOW DUMB HE IS.HIS DAYS ARE NUMBERED HUN THEN HE WILL BE ILLEGAL. DONT FEEL SORRY FOR HIM AT ALL. DONT TAKE NO APOLOGY. HE MIGHT WAKE UP AND REALIZE THAT HE NEEDS TO MARRY YOU TO STAY AND THEN CUT OUT AGAIN. BE CAREFUL, REPORT HIM IMMEDIATELY.

JULY 2005 - WE MET

APRIL 25, 2006- I29F SENT

MAY 5, 2006 - RFE RECEIVED

AUG 3, 2006 - RFE2 RECEIVED

AUG 8, 2006 - SENT RFE BACK TO NVC

SEPT 29, 2006 - NOA 2 RECEIVED (APPROVED)

SEPT 2006 - WAITING FOR NEXT STEP

OCT 24, 2006- STILL WAITING.............

C'MON YOU GUYS, A CHRISTMAS INTERVIEW WOULD BE NICE.....

NOV 1, 2006 - SEAN RECEIVED PACKET #3 (THANK GOD FOR MAIL...EVEN SNAIL MAIL)

NOV 15 2006- PREPARING TO TURN IN DS230 IN KINGSTON

JAN 18, 2007 TURNED IN DS230

TOLD TO EXPECT MAIL IN MARCH.

FEB 20, 2007 RECEIVED MAIL OF

MARCH 27,2007 INTERVIEW DATE

APR 27, 2007 BRING IN AFFIDAVIT OF SUPPORT

(PRAY THAT HE IS APPROVED)

HE WAS GIVEN INCORRECT DATE!!!!!

MAY 15, 2007 HOPEFULLY THIS IS FINAL APPROVAL

WE HAVE BEEN APPROVED

JUNE 17 2007 FINALLY RECEIVED VISA

AUGUST 3, 2007 FLEW INTO JFK NY

AINT LONG AS IT HAS BEEN.....

STILL SAVING MONEY UP TO FILE AOS.

Timeline

Write a letter to USCIS explaining the facts only. State the date of his entry and the date he left the residence. Try to keep the emotion to a minimum.

Give them contact information so they can get in touch if they would like to verify the situation.

Thanks all. this a.m. I contacted USCIS & Ice (DHS) & advised them of what happened. They updated their records. I had to offer to give Ice a lot of the contact info as far as his #'s up north & associates, other woman etc. (odd). But they did receive it. You are correct I have no responsibility & he has 90 days. I feel better day by day, but even more knowing that I was given the correct guidance from you guys as to what my next step should be. It was very hard but a good responsible step in order to secure myself & my son. I think I will disappear now. Thank you Visajourney, too bad you can tell me my future. Be blessed.

08-25-06 Package Sent
Package was redirected to CSC
9-07-06 Recd NOA1
11-14-06 Touch
11-17-06 Touch
11-18-06 Recd Original Birth Cert in mailed
11-18-06 Touch (On Saturday?)
11-20-06 Recd NOA2 in mailbox No emails notices, or website updates @ USCIS, just a perfect letter in mail!!
12-4-06 NVC has packet issued case #
12-6-06 Recd email confirming NOA2 Approval finally.
12-6-06 File in the mail to Embassy per NVC.
12-8-06 Embassy sign for NVC packet
12-18-06 Embassy emails stating Packet 3 in mail to Fiancee.
12-18-06 Embassy provides appt. date & time for Fiancee to pick up Packet 3. Rules have changed.
1-3-07 Embassy receives DS 230
1-19-07 Embassy confirms interview appt. date & time via phone.
1-26-07 Fiancee receives Interview Letter (Packet #4) in the mail. Still no Packet #3
2-20-07 Medical @ Andrews completed
2-15-07 Received Packet #3 in mail

[b]Interview Date: March 13, 2007 9am[/b]
APPROVED 3/13/07
Had to fly back without Fiancee 3/20

PICKED UP VISA @ EMBASSY DAY 22!!!!
Visa Recd-4/4/07
Sweetie enter US 4/5
TEXAS BOUND-TEXAS ARRIVAL 4/11
Fiancee Abandoned 4/18

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

I am so sorry this has happened to you. You were absolutely right in your choice of action reporting this man. Take some time to heal now and know that you did nothing to deserve this treatment. Good luck to you and your son in finding a sense of peace and resolution. My best wishes for you both as you move on from this terrible hurt.

“...Isn't it splendid to think of all the things there are to find out about? It just makes me feel glad to be alive--it's such an interesting world. It wouldn't be half so interesting if we knew all about everything, would it? There'd be no scope for imagination then, would there?”

. Lucy Maude Montgomery, Anne of Green Gables

5892822976_477b1a77f7_z.jpg

Another Member of the VJ Fluffy Kitty Posse!

Stay strong. I'm fairly new to VJ and I was following your story. I even mentioned to my fiance that he can come into JFK for the work visa. You are truly in my prayers. And just know that it can happen to anyone...it doens't matter what precautions are taking before driving into a marriage.

Timeline

Thanks all. this a.m. I contacted USCIS & Ice (DHS) & advised them of what happened. They updated their records. I had to offer to give Ice a lot of the contact info as far as his #'s up north & associates, other woman etc. (odd). But they did receive it. You are correct I have no responsibility & he has 90 days. I feel better day by day, but even more knowing that I was given the correct guidance from you guys as to what my next step should be. It was very hard but a good responsible step in order to secure myself & my son. I think I will disappear now. Thank you Visajourney, too bad you can tell me my future. Be blessed.

please dont dissappear. we need you. you need us. you have so much to share all the papar work the checklist that helped so many of us prayers. we are still ur friends.

JULY 2005 - WE MET

APRIL 25, 2006- I29F SENT

MAY 5, 2006 - RFE RECEIVED

AUG 3, 2006 - RFE2 RECEIVED

AUG 8, 2006 - SENT RFE BACK TO NVC

SEPT 29, 2006 - NOA 2 RECEIVED (APPROVED)

SEPT 2006 - WAITING FOR NEXT STEP

OCT 24, 2006- STILL WAITING.............

C'MON YOU GUYS, A CHRISTMAS INTERVIEW WOULD BE NICE.....

NOV 1, 2006 - SEAN RECEIVED PACKET #3 (THANK GOD FOR MAIL...EVEN SNAIL MAIL)

NOV 15 2006- PREPARING TO TURN IN DS230 IN KINGSTON

JAN 18, 2007 TURNED IN DS230

TOLD TO EXPECT MAIL IN MARCH.

FEB 20, 2007 RECEIVED MAIL OF

MARCH 27,2007 INTERVIEW DATE

APR 27, 2007 BRING IN AFFIDAVIT OF SUPPORT

(PRAY THAT HE IS APPROVED)

HE WAS GIVEN INCORRECT DATE!!!!!

MAY 15, 2007 HOPEFULLY THIS IS FINAL APPROVAL

WE HAVE BEEN APPROVED

JUNE 17 2007 FINALLY RECEIVED VISA

AUGUST 3, 2007 FLEW INTO JFK NY

AINT LONG AS IT HAS BEEN.....

STILL SAVING MONEY UP TO FILE AOS.

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline

Luckily for you, that he and his girlfriend are stupid and he left so quickly. By all means use whatever you have at your disposal to get him out of the country. Can you do a reverse lookup on her phone number and get her address. So you know exactly where to send INS. Send them to the cousins house too.

I have a 4yr old and can't even imagine what your child is going through.

But this too shall pass!

4462482_bodyshot_175x233.gif

Me turn professional panhandler!!! but mi look good, don't??

Filed: Timeline

That is so horribly sad. I'm so sorry. :crying: Damn these lying bastards, damn them all to hell!

He was very adament about working immediately so I paid the extra $$ for him to go through JFK. He told me he had family there & wanted to meet everyone so he could stay for a day or two. I kept changing the flight to where I am I did this 3 times, scared. I was lied to by everyone. He never stayed with his cousin while he was there, he was with this woman and others. His cousin covered up for him & finally fessed up the last couple of days. He told INS that I threatened him (not true). He was very knowledgeable about a lot of things. I never lied once or dishonored him. I dont understand why or how this happened to me. I deserved so much happiness. So did my 4 year old who kissed him goodnight & kept him in his prayers before bed. Evil does exist.

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Nigeria
Timeline

I am very sorry to hear about this...he wasted your time, energy, and money....trust me...he will reap what he sows!!!!! God mentions it and the Bible and his time will come- one day......I truly believe that. Be strong minded....he is not worth the heartache. Everything is replaceable (diffinitely him) and one day...I believe that he will live w/ the guilt and the pain that he put u and your little one thru.....finding a good person is very hard to do now and days...when I have the opportunity to meet someone w/ a good heart- it is a true blessing.

It is inhumane to play w/ ones heart.....God Bless You...be strong and don't let this fool get the best of you.

To Blessed to be stressed:) I realize that all things have a purpose and a time.....have faith and the Lord Almighty will provide... when the time is right, he NEVER fails!

:crying: I'm sorry .. that sounds just terrible Texas Bound.

Be strong. Don't let one bad apple let you lose the faith in the whole humanity.

It must feel horrible when that happened .. but there is justice and cosmic justice even. He will face the consequences.

Take care

(F) (F)

USAn Suomalaisten Foorumi <-- online place for the Finnish in US

Blog

938 days to get K-3.

AOS approved on day 1304.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.