Texas Bound

Failed K1, When does Sponsorship End

35 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline

If the K-1 fails prior to the 90 days & we dont marry, when does my sponsorship end? How can I have it end immediately prior to extradition ? :help:

Edited by Texas Bound

08-25-06 Package Sent
Package was redirected to CSC
9-07-06 Recd NOA1
11-14-06 Touch
11-17-06 Touch
11-18-06 Recd Original Birth Cert in mailed
11-18-06 Touch (On Saturday?)
11-20-06 Recd NOA2 in mailbox No emails notices, or website updates @ USCIS, just a perfect letter in mail!!
12-4-06 NVC has packet issued case #
12-6-06 Recd email confirming NOA2 Approval finally.
12-6-06 File in the mail to Embassy per NVC.
12-8-06 Embassy sign for NVC packet
12-18-06 Embassy emails stating Packet 3 in mail to Fiancee.
12-18-06 Embassy provides appt. date & time for Fiancee to pick up Packet 3. Rules have changed.
1-3-07 Embassy receives DS 230
1-19-07 Embassy confirms interview appt. date & time via phone.
1-26-07 Fiancee receives Interview Letter (Packet #4) in the mail. Still no Packet #3
2-20-07 Medical @ Andrews completed
2-15-07 Received Packet #3 in mail

[b]Interview Date: March 13, 2007 9am[/b]
APPROVED 3/13/07
Had to fly back without Fiancee 3/20

PICKED UP VISA @ EMBASSY DAY 22!!!!
Visa Recd-4/4/07
Sweetie enter US 4/5
TEXAS BOUND-TEXAS ARRIVAL 4/11
Fiancee Abandoned 4/18

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: China
Timeline

The I-134 is not a legally binding document, they cannot hold you to it. Just report to ICE and USCIS if you feel that it was a fraudulent K-1 case.

OUR TIME LINE Please do a timeline it helps us all, thanks.

Is now a US Citizen immigration completed Jan 12, 2012.

1428954228.1592.1755425389.png

CHIN0001_zps9c01d045.gifCHIN0100_zps02549215.gifTAIW0001_zps9a9075f1.gifVIET0001_zps0a49d4a7.gif

Look here: A Candle for Love and China Family Visa Forums for Chinese/American relationship,

Visa issues, and lots of info about the Guangzhou and Hong Kong consulate.

"Extradition"?

Is your fiance(e) in trouble with the law in Jamaica, then? :unsure:

2005 - We met

2006 - Filed I-129F

2007 - K-1 issued, moved to US, completed AOS (a busy year, immigration-wise)

2009 - Conditions lifted

2010 - Will be naturalising. Buh-bye, USCIS! smile.png

If the K-1 fails prior to the 90 days & we dont marry, when does my sponsorship end? How can I have it end immediately prior to extradition ? :help:

What do you mean by extradition? Extradition is the official process by which one nation or state requests and obtains from another nation or state the surrender of a suspected or convicted criminal.

According to your timeline, your fiancee just arrived in the US less than two weeks ago....and you're already concerned about the failure of the relationship, and worried about your financial sponsorship? The K-1 visa holder cannot adjust status any other way except by marriage to you, the USC who petitioned him/her.....so if the "relationship" fails and the two of you do not marry w/in the 90 days stated, the beneficiary would have to leave the country on his/her own accord, to avoid being here "illegally".

I hope you can work out any problems.

-P

funny-dog-pictures-wtf.jpg

Timeline

There will not be any working out. He used me to get here 100%. A girlfriend whom I didn’t know about bought him a ticket back to her state up north & he left the first 6 days he was with me. When he arrived in JFK she picked him up & drove him to Maryland, he only came to see me for 6 days to get the ss card (which wasn’t ready yet). They claim they told INS that I threatened him (this is a lie) & they told him that he still has 90 days to stay here. He refuses to call me or any of his family. His mother found this womans contact #'s & photo at her home. She has been begging me to have him found even if I must file a missing persons report & or all INS to deport him. She feared that he was being threatened by them. It is a whole mess. After the last voice mail they left his cousin, I know that he planned all of this & only had intentions on using me. I want all responsibility voided off of me so I wont have any problems if something happens; especially when he doesn’t go back to Jamaica. He truly knew what to say & do at this point. Please help.

08-25-06 Package Sent
9-07-06 Recd NOA1
11-14-06 Touch
11-17-06 Touch
11-20-06 Recd NOA2 in mailbox No emails notices, or website updates @ USCIS, just a perfect letter in mail!!
12-18-06 Embassy provides appt. date & time for Fiancee to pick up Packet 3. Rules have changed.
1-26-07 Fiancee receives Interview Letter (Packet #4) in the mail. Still no Packet #3

APPROVED 3/13/07

Visa Recd-4/4/07
Sweetie enter US 4/5
Fiancee Abandoned 4/18

There will not be any working out. He used me to get here 100%. A girlfriend whom I didn’t know about bought him a ticket back to her state up north & he left the first 6 days he was with me. When he arrived in JFK she picked him up & drove him to Maryland, he only came to see me for 6 days to get the ss card (which wasn’t ready yet). They claim they told INS that I threatened him (this is a lie) & they told him that he still has 90 days to stay here. He refuses to call me or any of his family. His mother found this womans contact #'s & photo at her home. She has been begging me to have him found even if I must file a missing persons report & or all INS to deport him. She feared that he was being threatened by them. It is a whole mess. After the last voice mail they left his cousin, I know that he planned all of this & only had intentions on using me. I want all responsibility voided off of me so I wont have any problems if something happens; especially when he doesn’t go back to Jamaica. He truly knew what to say & do at this point. Please help.

Wow, I'm sorry this has hapenned to you! How did your fiancee arrive @ JFK and someone else picked him up instead of you? I'm not sure what if anything you can do at the moment. You can certainly call USCIS, to make sure that the K-1 petition is cancelled. File a missing person's report, and maybe call ICE (Immigration/Customs Enforcement). I'm not sure what they do regarding a K-1 visa overstay, once it gets past the overstay, but they may issue an order of deportation. But if oficially on the I-94 he filled out when enterring the US, it is your address that appears....any mail correspondence would come to you.

Perhaps its worth it to have at least a phone consultation with an immigration attorney, to see what are your options to remove your liability for this person. Good luck!

-P

funny-dog-pictures-wtf.jpg

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: China
Timeline
Forget about him, he cannot adjust status. He can only adjust status based on marriage to the original visa petitioner, "YOU". Just report him to ICE, and move on.

http://www.ice.gov/

OUR TIME LINE Please do a timeline it helps us all, thanks.

Is now a US Citizen immigration completed Jan 12, 2012.

1428954228.1592.1755425389.png

CHIN0001_zps9c01d045.gifCHIN0100_zps02549215.gifTAIW0001_zps9a9075f1.gifVIET0001_zps0a49d4a7.gif

Look here: A Candle for Love and China Family Visa Forums for Chinese/American relationship,

Visa issues, and lots of info about the Guangzhou and Hong Kong consulate.

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Jamaica
Timeline
The I-134 is not a legally binding document, they cannot hold you to it. Just report to ICE and USCIS if you feel that it was a fraudulent K-1 case.

I agree with this. Since you never married, once the 90 days are up if he is still in the US it will be an overstay for him. You won't be responsible at all.

Sorry to hear that this happened...check your PM (F)

Jamie :star:

Timeline

I agree with this. Since you never married, once the 90 days are up if he is still in the US it will be an overstay for him. You won't be responsible at all.

Sorry to hear that this happened...check your PM (F)

Jamie :star:

May God bless you all. This sight was very helpful when I began the process. It is a true & sad story. I am davastated

08-25-06 Package Sent
9-07-06 Recd NOA1
11-14-06 Touch
11-17-06 Touch

APPROVED 3/13/07

Visa Recd-4/4/07
Sweetie enter US 4/5
Fiancee Abandoned 4/18

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Pakistan
Timeline

Sorry to read this but have seen it happened to a friend lately. :( You will be in my thoughts and prayers.

Everything I respond to is from personal knowledge, research or experience and I am in no means a lawyer or do I claim to be one. Everyone should read, research and be responsible for your own journey.

Timeline

He was very adament about working immediately so I paid the extra $$ for him to go through JFK. He told me he had family there & wanted to meet everyone so he could stay for a day or two. I kept changing the flight to where I am I did this 3 times, scared. I was lied to by everyone. He never stayed with his cousin while he was there, he was with this woman and others. His cousin covered up for him & finally fessed up the last couple of days. He told INS that I threatened him (not true). He was very knowledgeable about a lot of things. I never lied once or dishonored him. I dont understand why or how this happened to me. I deserved so much happiness. So did my 4 year old who kissed him goodnight & kept him in his prayers before bed. Evil does exist.

08-25-06 Package Sent
9-07-06 Recd NOA1
11-14-06 Touch
11-17-06 Touch

APPROVED 3/13/07

Visa Recd-4/4/07
Sweetie enter US 4/5
Fiancee Abandoned 4/18

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Jamaica
Timeline
He was very adament about working immediately so I paid the extra $$ for him to go through JFK. He told me he had family there & wanted to meet everyone so he could stay for a day or two. I kept changing the flight to where I am I did this 3 times, scared. I was lied to by everyone. He never stayed with his cousin while he was there, he was with this woman and others. His cousin covered up for him & finally fessed up the last couple of days. He told INS that I threatened him (not true). He was very knowledgeable about a lot of things. I never lied once or dishonored him. I dont understand why or how this happened to me. I deserved so much happiness. So did my 4 year old who kissed him goodnight & kept him in his prayers before bed. Evil does exist.

:crying: Again I am soooo sorry this happened to you. Stay strong, this too shall pass with time (L)

Wow... so sorry that this has happened to you (and apologies for my earlier flippant-sounding response)... hope you can move on and forget about this pathetic excuse for a human being quickly. :(

2005 - We met

2006 - Filed I-129F

2007 - K-1 issued, moved to US, completed AOS (a busy year, immigration-wise)

2009 - Conditions lifted

2010 - Will be naturalising. Buh-bye, USCIS! smile.png

I am so sorry to hear this. We in the Yardie family know how hard you worked to get him over here. my heart goes out to you. this too shall pass with time. I am praying for you.

067-1.jpg

080.jpg Want some

089-1.jpg I am hot

Filed: Other Timeline

Here's what I would do if it were me:

Write a letter to USCIS explaining the facts only. State the date of his entry and the date he left the residence. Try to keep the emotion to a minimum.

Reference the petition number and his visa number.

Give them the last address he was known to be located at.

Give them contact information so they can get in touch if they would like to verify the situation.

Edited by rebeccajo

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.