27 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Kenya
Timeline
6 hours ago, Che'lloyd said:

Ofcourse i am still  looking for the right one for me in the future since i failed my relationship with my x boyfriend now..just concern or asking in advance if this previous visa will affect in the future..

You sound like you are visa shopping to come to the US by any means. I am sure that IF you get another fiance, the Embassy will have questions. 

If you are going to use the K1 visa under your ex-fiance's name, I don't think there will be any benefit because you will need to be married within 90 days. And you won't know if he has applied for withdrawal of the application. You might have a problem when you get to the immigration gate. The officer might not let you in if there will be ping on your visa/name.

I would suggest to not use the K1 visa your ex-fiance petitioned for you so you won't face any future problems/repercussions.

-=ROC & Naturalization Timeline=-

January 25, 2021 - ROC application received

January 22, 2022 - Case transferred

January 16, 2022 - Naturalization application received

April 7, 2023 - ROC and Naturalization Interview

April 20, 2023 - Oath Ceremony scheduled

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

1st

Best choice would be NOT to use that visa unless it is for the purpose it was issued.  If you are found out, you could be sent back home and banned for years from reapplying.  A member of my family (USC) had his wife (UK) banned for 10yrs and all she did was overstay her old US visa in 2002.

2nd

You should take action yourself to notify the embassy that you don't intend to use the visa and the reason why because it WILL effect your next attempt if there is one.

3rd

Ask you ex to submit a withdrawal letter.  ONLY he can do that, you CANNOT.  It should expire and die on its own but it may not.  That is from my own K1 experience in 2016.  My fiancee had and ex.  They previously filed for K1 it was approved and they broke up before her interview.  15 months later we met and applied ourselves.  Prior to filing the embassy and USCIS both said that the old case would be no problem because it "should have" expired, so we filed in 2016.  At her 2016 interview she was refused due to multiple petitions for same beneficiary.  The old case was 21 months old at that time and they refused to acknowledge the expiration.  I had to locate and contact her ex here in the US and convince him to submit a withdrawal letter.  That cost us 6 months or waiting for the letter to take effect, allowing us to re-apply, and then 6 more months waiting for our 2017 case to process.  If there is any remnant of that old case that is not "officially" closed.  They will ambush you with it at the interview and wreck your next attempt.  They will allow you to reapply wait months and months, pay all the fees get all the way to the interview and THEN they will send you home with your passport.

4th

If your goal is to meet a good person and make a new life in a new place, don't be discouraged by comments here or at home.  My fiancee is one of the most resilient ppl that I have ever known, because of that we have persevered and her visa was mailed to her 24hrs ago.  Be smart, be careful and be honest and you will make it.  Good luck.^_^

Edited by mossycade

Timeline
16 hours ago, Auds said:

and maybe he has seen through that your love for him is more for his nationality then him as clearly you are making plans for another US Citizen!

You will likely get denied next time for a K1 as your goal will be visible to immigration too.  You may need to go for CR-1 next time.  Also, your next fiance will wonder if you are moving USC to USC!

Life is too short to not live it with someone who makes you feel wanted and loved.  Finding a USC likely much more older to you is not the way to go and doesn't help your fellow country people who have genuine relationships as it tars a nationality with the same brush.

So it means i have no chance to get a new k1 visa in the future because of my visible visa?  It will expired after 3 months soon. So it means even it will expire i cannot have a chance in the future?  ..well i hope you guys dont judge me im not bad as you guys think about it i am. Im just worried about this because i really want to get married the right one for me in the future. Im not looking for a green card or something.. Im looking for the right person and that is my goal. But i understand people in this site judge you without knowing the person well

Thank you. 

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline
2 hours ago, Che'lloyd said:

So it means i have no chance to get a new k1 visa in the future because of my visible visa?  It will expired after 3 months soon. So it means even it will expire i cannot have a chance in the future?

Depends on variable factors whether you would get approved for a future K1----like how many times you've been the beneficiary before, and how soon after the first K1 was issued, and also how many times the USC has put in a petition for someone else.  Chances are, if you fall in love with another USC and they petition you within the same year, you would be denied, but anything's possible I guess.

When someone comes in the forums talking about how they just broke up with their fiance and then in the next sentence asks about how to get a K1 in the future, it can appear to many that your main focus is living in the USA (even if it isn't).

By the way----The "right one" for you might be someone in your own country too :) 

Edited by Going through

Applied for Naturalization based on 5-year Residency - 96 Days To Complete Citizenship!

July 14, 2017 (Day 00) -  Submitted N400 Application, filed online

July 21, 2017 (Day 07) -  NOA Receipt received in the mail

July 22, 2017 (Day 08) - Biometrics appointment scheduled online, letter mailed out

July 25, 2017 (Day 11) - Biometrics PDF posted online

July 28, 2017 (Day 14) - Biometrics letter received in the mail, appointment for 08/08/17

Aug 08, 2017 (Day 24) - Biometrics (fingerprinting) completed

Aug 14, 2017 (Day 30) - Online EGOV status shows "Interview Scheduled, will mail appointment letter"

Aug 16, 2017 (Day 32) - Online MYUSCIS status shows "Interview Scheduled, read the letter we mailed you..."

Aug 17, 2017 (Day 33) - Interview Appointment Letter PDF posted online---GOT AN INTERVIEW DATE!!!

Aug 21, 2017 (Day 37) - Interview Appointment Letter received in the mail, appointment for 09/27/17

Sep. 27, 2017 (Day 74) - Naturalization Interview--- read my experience here

Sep. 27, 2017 (Day 74) - Online MYUSCIS status shows "Oath Ceremony Notice mailed"

Sep. 28, 2017 (Day 75) - Oath Ceremony Letter PDF posted online--Ceremony for 10/19/17

Oct. 02, 2017 (Day 79) -  Oath Ceremony Letter received in the mail

Oct. 19, 2017 (Day 96) -  Oath Ceremony-- read my experience here

Timeline
2 hours ago, Going through said:

Depends on variable factors whether you would get approved for a future K1----like how many times you've been the beneficiary before, and how soon after the first K1 was issued, and also how many times the USC has put in a petition for someone else.  Chances are, if you fall in love with another USC and they petition you within the same year, you would be denied, but anything's possible I guess.

When someone comes in the forums talking about how they just broke up with their fiance and then in the next sentence asks about how to get a K1 in the future, it can appear to many that your main focus is living in the USA (even if it isn't).

By the way----The "right one" for you might be someone in your own country too :) 

I understand what is your point, actually my x fiance apply a visa for me on march 2017 and i was approve and got my visa issued september 6, 2017  and will expired february 2018. So i dont think so i can re apply a new k1 at the same year. So as i said it takes a time for me to get a new one in the future God willing.   And this is my firsttime also having an experience as a beneficiary. I search in the google one time and it said that " you don not have to wait your current visa will expires.     You can apply for  a new  visa even your current visa is VALID. .is that True?  That was the google said i search....

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline
2 hours ago, Che'lloyd said:

. I search in the google one time and it said that " you don not have to wait your current visa will expires.     You can apply for  a new  visa even your current visa is VALID. .is that True? 

You can apply for a new visa anytime you feel like spending the money for it---doesn't mean you'll get approved though.

Applied for Naturalization based on 5-year Residency - 96 Days To Complete Citizenship!

July 14, 2017 (Day 00) -  Submitted N400 Application, filed online

July 21, 2017 (Day 07) -  NOA Receipt received in the mail

July 22, 2017 (Day 08) - Biometrics appointment scheduled online, letter mailed out

July 25, 2017 (Day 11) - Biometrics PDF posted online

July 28, 2017 (Day 14) - Biometrics letter received in the mail, appointment for 08/08/17

Aug 08, 2017 (Day 24) - Biometrics (fingerprinting) completed

Aug 14, 2017 (Day 30) - Online EGOV status shows "Interview Scheduled, will mail appointment letter"

Aug 16, 2017 (Day 32) - Online MYUSCIS status shows "Interview Scheduled, read the letter we mailed you..."

Aug 17, 2017 (Day 33) - Interview Appointment Letter PDF posted online---GOT AN INTERVIEW DATE!!!

Aug 21, 2017 (Day 37) - Interview Appointment Letter received in the mail, appointment for 09/27/17

Sep. 27, 2017 (Day 74) - Naturalization Interview--- read my experience here

Sep. 27, 2017 (Day 74) - Online MYUSCIS status shows "Oath Ceremony Notice mailed"

Sep. 28, 2017 (Day 75) - Oath Ceremony Letter PDF posted online--Ceremony for 10/19/17

Oct. 02, 2017 (Day 79) -  Oath Ceremony Letter received in the mail

Oct. 19, 2017 (Day 96) -  Oath Ceremony-- read my experience here

Timeline
9 hours ago, Going through said:

You can apply for a new visa anytime you feel like spending the money for it---doesn't mean you'll get approved though.

I see,  i guess its depend the situation unless there is a criminal record?.  Nothing is impossible with God.. 

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Argentina
Timeline
On 10/30/2017 at 7:23 AM, Che'lloyd said:

I noticed that he has now many excuses..and i am glad i guess that we are nit meant to be because of his decission and changes with me.....er I didnt say that im going to marry anoth american right away.  It takes a time for me to do  that. Im just thinking about in the future if i woud be in a relationship again.. 

But anyways.  Somebody told me that there is a process if i cannot go to US or not using the visa. They said i have to surrender my visa and the pocket to the embassy... And also i read in the previous post here that it needs to surrender and write a letter for them to tell the reason why i cannot used the visa. 

It takes time for you to do that? What?  To find another american to marry? Everything takes time in life sadly.

You seem concerned about a potential K1 in your future. Does your next boyfriend have to be american? Why not a philippino guy? Just wondering.  Maybe you are better off without this guy. He could changed his mind while you in US and no money to go home. 

Timeline
25 minutes ago, Sunnyland said:

It takes time for you to do that? What?  To find another american to marry? Everything takes time in life sadly.

You seem concerned about a potential K1 in your future. Does your next boyfriend have to be american? Why not a philippino guy? Just wondering.  Maybe you are better off without this guy. He could changed his mind while you in US and no money to go home. 

We have our own choice in life.. And most people are so judgemental so i understand for that.. Im here asking an advice not to be judge

Timeline
1 minute ago, Che'lloyd said:

We have our own choice in life.. And most people are so judgemental so i understand for that.. Im here asking an advice not to be judge

Yea thats why i decide to let him go and find his life what makes him good...

Timeline
On 31/10/2017 at 5:28 AM, mossycade said:

1st

Best choice would be NOT to use that visa unless it is for the purpose it was issued.  If you are found out, you could be sent back home and banned for years from reapplying.  A member of my family (USC) had his wife (UK) banned for 10yrs and all she did was overstay her old US visa in 2002.

2nd

You should take action yourself to notify the embassy that you don't intend to use the visa and the reason why because it WILL effect your next attempt if there is one.

3rd

Ask you ex to submit a withdrawal letter.  ONLY he can do that, you CANNOT.  It should expire and die on its own but it may not.  That is from my own K1 experience in 2016.  My fiancee had and ex.  They previously filed for K1 it was approved and they broke up before her interview.  15 months later we met and applied ourselves.  Prior to filing the embassy and USCIS both said that the old case would be no problem because it "should have" expired, so we filed in 2016.  At her 2016 interview she was refused due to multiple petitions for same beneficiary.  The old case was 21 months old at that time and they refused to acknowledge the expiration.  I had to locate and contact her ex here in the US and convince him to submit a withdrawal letter.  That cost us 6 months or waiting for the letter to take effect, allowing us to re-apply, and then 6 more months waiting for our 2017 case to process.  If there is any remnant of that old case that is not "officially" closed.  They will ambush you with it at the interview and wreck your next attempt.  They will allow you to reapply wait months and months, pay all the fees get all the way to the interview and THEN they will send you home with your passport.

4th

If your goal is to meet a good person and make a new life in a new place, don't be discouraged by comments here or at home.  My fiancee is one of the most resilient ppl that I have ever known, because of that we have persevered and her visa was mailed to her 24hrs ago.  Be smart, be careful and be honest and you will make it.  Good luck.^_^

So it takes a year to re apply again. And wow 6 months before they responce your email for withdrawal ..but i guess its better to wait the right time.. Thank you so much for giving me this concern responce.it really englighten me and helping me to pursue my dreams and not give up... Godbless you so much and your life and family.. I hope i can reach you again nexttime for some advice

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.