2,950 posts in this topic

Filed: Lift. Cond. (pnd) Country: India
Timeline

called uscis today to find out if i would have a combo interview or not but they said no it is just going to be n 400 interview but i got an email from uscis a couple of months back that said that both cases would be adjudicated together so i dont know who to believe

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline
12 hours ago, rochestergrad said:

I had my combo interview on July 11th at the Washington DC field office. First of, I thought my interview was at 9:30, and I was late and arrived at 9:40.. Once I got there, I found out that my interview was actually at 9:20 and I missed the call.  I was told to wait some more, and they would try to fit me in. When it was finally my turn again (at around 11am), the officer said they had to do I-751 and N-400 separately, and I wouldn't know if I could have my N400 interview until I was approved for i-751 by the first interviewer...  Well this was different than what I read here from others' combo interview experiences.  Anyways, it's fine.. So we started and she asked the standard questions from the i-751 application form.  I didn't bring any supporting materials as the N-400 interview notification didn't ask for anything other than my husband and my passports/IDs.  But since I just got back from a trip the day before the interview, I was a bit of a mess that day.. I brought my old expired passport, instead of the new one (so she asked for my driver's license instead).  I also told her the wrong year for the date of our marriage (I said 2016, while it should be 2015... 2016 is the year that GC was issued). It also turned out that in the application form, I mistakenly signed in the place where the petitioner (my husband) should have signed... The interviewer had a serious face, didn't smile much, but she didn't make a fuss about it and just told my husband to sign at the right place on the application form, which was very nice of her.  The interviewer also asked us if we brought any new evidence. In response, I told her that we purchased a new house together, but we hadn't received the deed in the mail yet, so all we had was some mortgage document... We also had joint tax returns from the last year -- I told her that they should be within the N-400 application; For the newest 2018 joint tax returns, it was in my dropbox and I didn't have it printed out... She said she would check the N-400 application for the tax return, and that's it.  At the end of the interview, we were told to wait in the waiting room for the decision to be made. my husband asked me why I said we married in 2016, instead of 2015.  Only then I realized that I gave the wrong answer and started panicking... After 10 min or so, the officer came back out and told us that I was approved.  I told her that I accidentally told her the wrong year of our marriage, and she laughed and said it was ok. Afterwards we went back to wait for another 10 min,  a different officer called my name, who was a super cheerful lady. She told my husband to go grab lunch while I had my N400 interview.  That interview was pleasant and I was approved on the spot within 10 min. And that completes my journey here! Sorry about the long story -- I had a potato brain that day and it still went through smoothly! I thought I should share. Thanks and good luck!

It seems all IO officers are not expert both in I-751 and N-400 interview.   However, I am glad you are done and glad you share on this board.  Congratulations!

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Pakistan
Timeline

Just finished combo interview in denver both interview were done together, they only schedule for n-400 but end up doing both, online status for n-400 already showing approved no change for i-751.

nov 2017 i-751

dec 2018 n-400

Timeline
2 hours ago, sammajee said:

Just finished combo interview in denver both interview were done together, they only schedule for n-400 but end up doing both, online status for n-400 already showing approved no change for i-751.

nov 2017 i-751

dec 2018 n-400

They can't approve N-400 without I-751 approval.  I-751 status will update soon.

Timeline
9 hours ago, J1991 said:

called uscis today to find out if i would have a combo interview or not but they said no it is just going to be n 400 interview but i got an email from uscis a couple of months back that said that both cases would be adjudicated together so i dont know who to believe

Did you get any notice that your I-751 transferred to NBC?

Timeline
17 hours ago, luna1321 said:

Finally after 5 months of complete silence after my combo interview (Feb, 14th) I received some update...Yesterday the I-751 status has changed to "New Card is being produced". No updates about N-400 though...do you think it should follow up soon? And will I receive the actual green card?

I went for interview on June 28, both I-751 and N-400 are approved on July 3, 2019 and I received GC on 12th and oath on 15th July.  So you will see the next update that card was mailed to you, then picked up by USPS with tracking number and then you will receive the card and you will get another update that card was delivered to you.

17 minutes ago, dilip said:

I went for interview on June 28, both I-751 and N-400 are approved on July 3, 2019 and I received GC on 12th and oath on 15th July.  So you will see the next update that card was mailed to you, then picked up by USPS with tracking number and then you will receive the card and you will get another update that card was delivered to you.

Well yeah...but I was more wondering about N-400...during the interview IO didn't approve it because of I-751 pending. he said I might receive RFE in the next few weeks which never happened. So I wonder if approving I-751 will trigger approving N-400 as well or they still might require more stuff.. 

Timeline
10 hours ago, dilip said:

Did you get any notice that your I-751 transferred to NBC?

i didnt get a notice but when i called them in march of this year the said that the i 751 was transferred from VSC to NBC in january and that both files were at the NBC

Timeline
40 minutes ago, J1991 said:

i didnt get a notice but when i called them in march of this year the said that the i 751 was transferred from VSC to NBC in january and that both files were at the NBC

You will be fine.  Go with spouse during N-400 interview.  When NBC will be ready to send your N-400 for an interview, they will send the I-751 file also.

Timeline
1 minute ago, dilip said:

You will be fine.  Go with spouse during N-400 interview.  When NBC will be ready to send your N-400 for an interview, they will send the I-751 file also.

ok thank you

Timeline
10 hours ago, luna1321 said:

Well yeah...but I was more wondering about N-400...during the interview IO didn't approve it because of I-751 pending. he said I might receive RFE in the next few weeks which never happened. So I wonder if approving I-751 will trigger approving N-400 as well or they still might require more stuff.. 

You need to send inquiry  or call.  Also , you can write to your N-400 interviewer @ local office.  

Hey,everyone!)  I filed i751 in july 2017 and n400 in august 2018. ON July 9th I had my combo interview! I got there with my husband and 2 year old son 15 min before my time, was called in about 20 min after(just me). Officer was a very pleasant lady who started my citizenship test. When she checked my passport for entries she saw a stamp for i751. she was surprised as she thought she was conducting only the citizenship part. She ended up doing both,luckily all my stuff was in the folder in front of her. I passed the test and got a paper that I passed but decision cant be made since they have to approve i751 first. next day I got an update that new card is being made, then I received approval notice in the mail and today I received my green card.No word on oath yet. Im at the end of this journey and Im more anxious than before,lol. How long have you waited between the interview and oath? Thanks in advance!

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Mauritius
Timeline

Oath done at Philadelphia.

Came as F1 in 2007

Opt from 2011 to 2013

H1B 2013 to 2015

Got married in June 2015

Applied for marriage based GC in Sept 15, 2015

Got 2 year green card in Jan 2016

Applied for roc in Oct 2017

Applied for n400 in dec 2018

Combo interview jul 8th

N400 approved same day, just a couple hrs later

Got 10 green card in mail jul 12th

Oath was today 19th

Registered to vote and applied for passport today 19th

It's over...finally. thank you visajourney

1 hour ago, David1987 said:

Oath done at Philadelphia.

Came as F1 in 2007

Opt from 2011 to 2013

H1B 2013 to 2015

Got married in June 2015

Applied for marriage based GC in Sept 15, 2015

Got 2 year green card in Jan 2016

Applied for roc in Oct 2017

Applied for n400 in dec 2018

Combo interview jul 8th

N400 approved same day, just a couple hrs later

Got 10 green card in mail jul 12th

Oath was today 19th

Registered to vote and applied for passport today 19th

It's over...finally. thank you visajourney

Congrats!

ROC Timeline

Service Center: California

90 Day Window Opened.....08/03/17

I-751 Packet Sent................08/04/17

NOA Dated...........................08/07/17

NOA Received......................08/09/17

Check Cashed......................08/09/17

Biometrics Letter Rcvd........08/26/17

Biometrics Appointment......09/07/17

Approval................................08/05/19

Naturalization Timeline

Field Office: Santa Ana, CA

90 Day Window Opened.......08/03/18

N-400 Filed (Online)..............08/03/18

Receipt Notice.......................08/03/18

Biometrics Letter Rcvd..........08/20/18

Biometrics Appointment.......09/07/18

Interview Letter Dated...........07/01/19

Interview Letter Rcvd............07/08/19

Interview................................08/05/19

Approval................................08/05/19

Oath.......................................08/22/19

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.