2,950 posts in this topic

Filed: Timeline
7 hours ago, Bill & Katya said:

Yes, you can apply.

Hard to say, but in our case no, filing the N400 did not cause the I751 to slow down, it actually sped things up a little as we received the approval NOA a few weeks before other CSC filers did from our filing period and now my wife is also naturalized, so we are done.  If naturalization is the ultimate goal, why wait for the I751 clock to complete before starting the N400 clock?  That was our logic.

Good Luck!

thanks man and congratulations 

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Taiwan
Timeline
11 hours ago, rrrrrr said:

hello everyone i have a question about applying naturalization online while i751 is still pending .my window will open in august 2018 and i my field office is houston so guys can i apply for naturalization or should i wait for green card .i m waiting for about 13 months now .and how long is processing time for houston any one in same situation ? help would be appriciated thanks..i m posting for the first time 

You are under the unprecedentedly backed up California Service Center. According to their latest processing time, it will take up to 1 year and 8 month. So it is really a gamble. I guess I would just apply for 400 when I am eligible because it is highly unlikely you are going to hear from USCIS about your 751 soon. If you apply for 400, they will probably combine the 2 and you may have 2 interviews on the same day, but if you do that, it could take from 17 months to almost 3 years, and that is not a given. This Trump administration is obviously making it difficult and applicants like you should not have to be faced with this kind of tough situation where you have to flip a coin or something. Don't take my word for it, but I would probably take a chance and apply for 400 regardless of the status of 751 and hope for the best because it is a good idea to move towards the citizenship at this point under Trump. Almost like an insurance since he is deliberately trying to make it difficult and potentially slowing down the immigration. Good luck.

2 minutes ago, Zombie69 said:

You are under the unprecedentedly backed up California Service Center. According to their latest processing time, it will take up to 1 year and 8 month. So it is really a gamble. I guess I would just apply for 400 when I am eligible because it is highly unlikely you are going to hear from USCIS about your 751 soon. If you apply for 400, they will probably combine the 2 and you may have 2 interviews on the same day, but if you do that, it could take from 17 months to almost 3 years, and that is not a given. This Trump administration is obviously making it difficult and applicants like you should not have to be faced with this kind of tough situation where you have to flip a coin or something. Don't take my word for it, but I would probably take a chance and apply for 400 regardless of the status of 751 and hope for the best because it is a good idea to move towards the citizenship at this point under Trump. Almost like an insurance since he is deliberately trying to make it difficult and potentially slowing down the immigration. Good luck.

thanks man for suggestion .. i m really confused what to do now probably i will apply and wait :(

1 minute ago, rrrrrr said:

thanks man for suggestion .. i m really confused what to do now probably i will apply and wait :(

Apply for N 400. You're not going to hear from your I-751 in a long time (hope I am wrong). I have been waiting for almost 19 months now, and I just got notice for my naturalization interview (after 8 months), and nothing yet about I751. Hopefully, like Zombie69 just mentioned, they might decide in both processes at the same time (not a given tough). You really want to apply for N400 if you are eligible, the might change the policy  in the near future (they're already changing things) and for instance not let people apply to citizenship until they are approved for their 10 year green card. You don't want that.

3 hours ago, xilef said:

@Charly2 Are you from Chicago ? When did you apply for your N-400 ? online ? Also, since when is your I-751 pending ? When is your interview ?

Yes, I filed in Chicago lock-box. Both applications were paper based. I-751 pending since January 2017 (19 months) , N-400 since December 2017 (8 months). Yesterday they notified me via the tracker app, and today I got the PDF with the date: August 28. Good luck! Depending on your timing, one suggestion: call USCIS and ask about your case. You don't lose anything.

7 minutes ago, Charly2 said:

Apply for N 400. You're not going to hear from your I-751 in a long time (hope I am wrong). I have been waiting for almost 19 months now, and I just got notice for my naturalization interview (after 8 months), and nothing yet about I751. Hopefully, like Zombie69 just mentioned, they might decide in both processes at the same time (not a given tough). You really want to apply for N400 if you are eligible, the might change the policy  in the near future (they're already changing things) and for instance not let people apply to citizenship until they are approved for their 10 year green card. You don't want that.

oh man thats too long wait congratulations for interview and good luck too

On 7/21/2018 at 1:22 AM, Zombie69 said:

Congratulations! Please vote in November, this country needs your vote!

One question...in my lettey they asked to bring "Any evidence of Selective Service Registration". Do you know what is that? Did they ask you about it? I looked online but still don't get what kind of documents might be related to this or what should I bring.

3 minutes ago, rrrrrr said:

oh man thats too long wait congratulations for interview and good luck too

Thanks! Yes, don't worry about it, like Asilarmani said in the previous page...just have fun and forget about the process for now. There is in this chat somebody waiting since October 2016 an nothing (I believed he filed in Texas), so enjoy the summer and then, when the times comes, start calling USCIS. Good luck! It will come it's just about patience.

2 minutes ago, Charly2 said:

Thanks! Yes, don't worry about it, like Asilarmani said in the previous page...just have fun and forget about the process for now. There is in this chat somebody waiting since October 2016 an nothing (I believed he filed in Texas), so enjoy the summer and then, when the times comes, start calling USCIS. Good luck! It will come it's just about patience.

thanks man ,i have one more question can i leave country after applying for n400

23 minutes ago, rrrrrr said:

thanks man ,i have one more question can i leave country after applying for n400

Yes, no problem. Just be careful  about the length of your trip. As it is, your status is still permanent resident, which means you have to comply with the regulations. In other words, don't spend more than 5 or 6 months abroad. I imagine that you already have a I551 stamp.

2 minutes ago, Charly2 said:

Yes, no problem. Just be careful  about the length of your trip. As it is, your status is still permanent resident, which means you have to comply with the regulations. In other words, don't spend more than 5 or 6 months abroad. I imagine that you already have a I551 stamp.

ok thanks man

Hi guys, I’ve applied for I751 since January 2017 , and N400 January 2018 , it’s been 18.8 months now waiting, should I go to my local office to check my case or just wait , any advice 

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Nigeria
Timeline
11 minutes ago, Asilarmani said:

Hi guys, I’ve applied for I751 since January 2017 , and N400 January 2018 , it’s been 18.8 months now waiting, should I go to my local office to check my case or just wait , any advice 

It’s look like you and I submitted the same time and yes I haven’t heard nothing but I have a feelings January 2017 California filers would start hearing from uscis soon.  

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Singapore
Timeline

Hello Everyone,

I just discovered this thread for the I-751 and N-400 combo filing. Just wanted to let you all know that I was a March 2017 I-751 CSC filer. After waiting for 16 months (March 2017 - July 2018) without receiving any new information, I applied for my N-400 on July 3 and received a NOA on July 11. Then suddenly out of the blue, on July 17, my 10 year GC was approved and mailed on July 23. Phew! Am very thankful.

Edited by SabineGriffin

42 minutes ago, SabineGriffin said:

Hello Everyone,

I just discovered this thread for the I-751 and N-400 combo filing. Just wanted to let you all know that I was a March 2017 I-751 CSC filer. After waiting for 16 months (March 2017 - July 2018) without receiving any new information, I applied for my N-400 on July 3 and received a NOA on July 11. Then suddenly out of the blue, on July 17, my 10 year GC was approved and mailed on July 23. Phew! Am very thankful.

wow congratulations

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.