2,950 posts in this topic

Just now, Bill & Katya said:

Were you able to get an Infopass appointment for the same day as your biometrics?  If not, don’t hesitate to ask if you can get the stamp while you are there for the biometrics.  It worked for us.

I did, thanks! I waited up until midnight and then every appointment time for that date was available. :-)

Spoiler

K1

15 November 2013: Sent I-129F Package 

21 November 2013: NOA1 

20 December 2013: NOA2

23 January 2014: Medical (London)

11 April 2014: Interview - Approved!

29 April 2014: POE Chicago

20 June 2014: Married in DC

AOS

7 July 2014: Mailed AOSEAD & AP forms via USPS

14 July 2014: NOA1 Text & E-Mails (x3) received at 23:52hrs (Received Date: 07/11/2014)

14 July 2014: Cheque cashed & I-485 transferred to Nebraska Service Centre

18 July 2014: NOA1 hardcopy received (x3)

22 July 2014: Biometrics Letter rec'd (Appointment 07/31/2014)

23 July 2014: Early Biometrics walk-in at Cincinnati office successful!

05 September 2014: EAD & AP approved! (texts rec'd 16:45hrs)

11 September 2014: EAD/AP card mailed

12 September 2014: EAD/AP card in hand (delivered 9:54am)

18 October 2014: Potential interview waiver letter rec'd (Dated: 10/15/2014)

19 May 2015: I-485 approved! (No interview) Welcome letter mailed!

23 May 2015: I-797 (NOA2) Welcome notice received

27 May 2015: Green card received

ROC

ROC filing window opens 18 February 2017

16 February 2017: ROC packet mailed to CSC

18 February 2017: USPS Tracking - Ready for collection from PO Box

25 February 2017: NOA1 received dated 02/21/2017

03 March 2017: Received biometrics appointment letter dated 25th February 2017. Appointment on 16 March 2017.

16 March 2017: Biometrics completed

08 March 2018: Case (allegedly) transferred to the National Benefits Center (presumably for a combo interview)

04 April 2019: ROC approved (as part of N-400 combo interview)

N-400

18 February 2018: N-400 Application submitted online

21 February 2018: NOA1 Rreceived

23 February 2018: Biometrics appointment letter received. Appointment 13 March 2018. 

27 April 2018: Interview notice received. Interview Date: June 5, 2018. Request to reschedule sent as out of the country at that time.

04 April 2019: Attended interview ... PASSED!

11 April 2019: Oath ceremony

Quoting my post from I-751 March 2017 filers as I have applied for N-400 with pending I-751 and this might be useful for some members in this thread.

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/627370-i-751-march-2017-filers/?do=findComment&comment=9078999

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Russia
Timeline

Received the interview notice today for the Detroit Office.  N400 Interview scheduled for April 10th, so it took a little less than 3 months.

Visa Received : 2014-04-04 (K1 - see timeline for details)

US Entry : 2014-09-12

POE: Detroit

Marriage : 2014-09-27

I-765 Approved: 2015-01-09

I-485 Interview: 2015-03-11

I-485 Approved: 2015-03-13

Green Card Received: 2015-03-24 Yeah!!!

I-751 ROC Submitted: 2016-12-20

I-751 NOA Received:  2016-12-29

I-751 Biometrics Appt.:  2017-01-26

I-751 Interview:  2018-04-10

I-751 Approved:  2018-05-04

N400 Filed:  2018-01-13

N400 Biometrics:  2018-02-22

N400 Interview:  2018-04-10

N400 Approved:  2018-04-10

Oath Ceremony:  2018-06-11 - DONE!!!!!!!

On 3/10/2018 at 6:32 AM, Zombie69 said:

Yes, almost there! You also have 2 applications pending?

Hi, i have a questions regarding to the combo interview. Does your spouse need to be presented at the combo interview since I751 is for the couple and N400 is for applicant. Also, does the combo interview more focus on N400 or half/half? THANKS!

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Taiwan
Timeline
7 minutes ago, asdfzc said:

Hi, i have a questions regarding to the combo interview. Does your spouse need to be presented at the combo interview since I751 is for the couple and N400 is for applicant. Also, does the combo interview more focus on N400 or half/half? THANKS!

As far as I know. It is a good idea to take your spouse with you no matter what. It all depends on the officer, some will just approve both at the same time, some will do 2 interviews. I would like to take my spouse with me, but he has been hospitalized and he might not be able to go with me. I did not get a letter requiring me to take my man, but I will have letters from his Dr and the hospital proving my husband is unable to appear with me. Good luck. My interview is in 13 days 

Edited by Zombie69

1 hour ago, Zombie69 said:

As far as I know. It is a good idea to take your spouse with you no matter what. It all depends on the officer, some will just approve both at the same time, some will do 2 interviews. I would like to take my spouse with me, but he has been hospitalized and he might not be able to go with me. I did not get a letter requiring me to take my man, but I will have letters from his Dr and the hospital proving my husband is unable to appear with me. Good luck. My interview is in 13 days 

Sorry to hear that but good luck to you. I don’t mind my spouse come with me, but he is a busy man, I don’t want the interview day conflict with his travel work, then I need to reschedule. I just want all of these done.  Since they didn’t indicate on the letter to bring your spouse, I believe they may focus on N400.  Please keep us posted after your interview:)

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Taiwan
Timeline
27 minutes ago, asdfzc said:

Sorry to hear that but good luck to you. I don’t mind my spouse come with me, but he is a busy man, I don’t want the interview day conflict with his travel work, then I need to reschedule. I just want all of these done.  Since they didn’t indicate on the letter to bring your spouse, I believe they may focus on N400.  Please keep us posted after your interview:)

Thanks, I will probably do whatever I can to get my man to the interview, I don't want rescheduling, I would like to get it done, I will have to talk to my Dr, he might be just fine by the 26th. Good luck to you too.

Hi everyone. Im new in this site, i have been reading this thread and  i have a similar situation, i have pending i751 and n400, i filed my i751 august 4 2016 and n400 august 28, 2017, my i751 still no update, biometrics done and  ive been in line for interview since sept 28 2017. I called about my i751 have 2 case number but currently not assigned for processing, and my file still on CSC center. But most of you was transferred file on local center,   I dont know to do anymore 😭 any advice? will greatly appreciate it!!! 

1 hour ago, vspink94 said:

Hi everyone. Im new in this site, i have been reading this thread and  i have a similar situation, i have pending i751 and n400, i filed my i751 august 4 2016 and n400 august 28, 2017, my i751 still no update, biometrics done and  ive been in line for interview since sept 28 2017. I called about my i751 have 2 case number but currently not assigned for processing, and my file still on CSC center. But most of you was transferred file on local center,   I dont know to do anymore 😭 any advice? will greatly appreciate it!!! 

Thats odd. If you filed your i751 back in August 4th, it should be approved since CSC is working on Oct 2016 case. Maybe they will the combo interview for you? you should ask your lawyer

23 minutes ago, asdfzc said:

Thats odd. If you filed your i751 back in August 4th, it should be approved since CSC is working on Oct 2016 case. Maybe they will the combo interview for you? you should ask your lawyer

Thank you for your response, thats my problem too, i dont have a lawyer but im starting to think of getting one. 😭, ive been calling the USCIS   the last few months but i dont get any valid answer on whats going on my case, i made an appointment with my USCIS on the 26th, and if nothing will happen, il get a lawyer 😭

Hi guys,

A quick update from my N-400 interview.

I have a pending I-751 (11/2016 filer) coming to the N-400 interview (12/2017 filer).

I am in California, and my local office is Santa Ana. My whole interview process was almost an hour long.

I went to my N-400 interview yesterday (with pending ROC). The officer called in me without asking for my husband.

When we came in to his office, he asked for my green card and ID. He then continued to ask when I came to the States and why the date don't match with my green card?

I explained that because I got my green card through marriage. He then said I was not eligible for naturalization (!?). I said no, I am eligible. I know the rules and also, when I filed online, they made me answer some questions to verify my eligibility. If I was not eligible, I could not make it here for this naturalization interview.

He paused for a bit, asked if I'm still married. I said yes. He asked for all the letters from USCIS that I've received since I started the ROC application.

I handed him my receipt and the fingerprint appointment letter. I also informed him that my husband was right outside in the waiting room, and if he might want to call my husband in and do the I-751 interview? He looked at my documents briefly and said no. 

He then stormed out of the room with my green card and NOA1 from ROC. He was gone for probably 15 minutes or so, came back to grabbed a big folder on his desk (at that moment I realized it was my ROC folder - which got transferred to the local office) and left again.

A couple minutes went by, he came back.

I asked him what was going on, but he just totally ignored me. Since the beginning, his attitude had been cold and unnecessarily rude. 

Anyway, at this point, he started flipping through papers in my ROC folder.

By the way he looked at it, I was pretty sure it was his first time going through it too. But he did not ask me anything about it. 

He then proceeded the N-400 test. He asked me to read, write and 6 civic questions. He said I passed and then moved on to ask me questions on my N-400 application.

Everything went fine. I signed the Oath of Allegiance and confirmed that my name, address and basic info was correct.

I was so happy at this point, thinking "Aha! This is it!"

BUT NO. He then left the room again, and came back within 5 minutes. Our conversation went like this:

Officer (O): "You passed the citizenship test, but unfortunately your I-751 application is still pending, so we can not approve you till that is out of the way."

Me (M): "Ok. May I know the time frame when my other application will be processed or looked at?"

O: "I have no idea, to be honest."

M: "Ok.. I mean, I thought once I passed my citizenship test, my I-751 application will also be approved?"

O: "No, sorry it doesn't work that way"

O: "Do you have any other questions?"

M: "No I don't. I'm just kinda disappointed since it will be another waiting game for me."

O: "I know, that's why earlier I was trying to, you know...."

M: "Yes, I totally understand. And I thank you for that."

O: "Ok, you should just wait to hear back from us."

Now another waiting game begins. It's so frustrating.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Kenya
Timeline
44 minutes ago, qan714 said:

Hi guys,

I have a pending I-751 (11/2016 filer) coming to the N-400 interview (12/2017 filer).

I am in California, and my local office is Santa Ana. My whole interview process was almost an hour long.

I went to my N-400 interview yesterday (with pending ROC). The officer called in me without asking for my husband.

When we came in to his office, he asked for my green card and ID. He then continued to ask when I came to the States and why the date don't match with my green card?

I explained that because I got my green card through marriage. He then said I was not eligible for naturalization (!?). I said no, I am eligible. I know the rules and also, when I filed online, they made me answer some questions to verify my eligibility. If I was not eligible, I could not make it here for this naturalization interview.

He paused for a bit, asked if I'm still married. I said yes. He asked for all the letters from USCIS that I've received since I started the ROC application.

I handed him my receipt and the fingerprint appointment letter. I also informed him that my husband was right outside in the waiting room, and if he might want to call my husband in and do the I-751 interview? He looked at my documents briefly and said no. 

He then stormed out of the room with my green card and NOA1 from ROC. He was gone for probably 15 minutes or so, came back to grabbed a big folder on his desk (at that moment I realized it was my ROC folder - which got transferred to the local office) and left again.

I asked him what was going on, but he just totally ignored me. Since the beginning, his attitude had been cold and unnecessarily rude. 

By the way he looked at it, I was pretty sure it was his first time going through it too. But he did not ask me anything about it. 

He then proceeded the N-400 test. He asked me to read, write and 6 civic questions. He said I passed and then moved on to ask me questions on my N-400 application.

Everything went fine. I signed the Oath of Allegiance and confirmed that my name, address and basic info was correct.

BUT NO. He then left the room again, and came back within 5 minutes. Our conversation went like this:

Officer (O): "You passed the citizenship test, but unfortunately your I-751 application is still pending, so we can not approve you till that is out of the way."

Me (M): "Ok. May I know the time frame when my other application will be processed or looked at?"

M: "Ok.. I mean, I thought once I passed my citizenship test, my I-751 application will also be approved?"

M: "No I don't. I'm just kinda disappointed since it will be another waiting game for me."

The thing I am wondering is if the USCIS is deliberately doing this since many people due to the long lag time for the I-751?

1 hour ago, qan714 said:

Hi guys,

I believe you will hear from them soon since you pass the N400 test. I751 is just the condition removal and shouldn’t be that complicated. Especially the local office had your files already. Maybe he is new or first time happened to him that he needs all direction from his superior. I won’t worry too much. Congrats for passing the test! I am 01/2017 filet and you are two months ahead of me. I don’t know how long is the wait for me now...... so ridiculous!

1 hour ago, qan714 said:

Hi guys,

Don't worry, they'll just gonna review your ROC first if they need anything like RFE or interview from you they will probably notify you by mail. If everything is good on your ROC application most likely they will approved your N400 and schedule you for Oath. This what happened to me. Check my timeline below.

10/23/2017- sent to Phoenix, AZ lockbox via USPS
10/26/2017- NOA 1 with IOExxxx receipt number
10/28/2017- Biometric scheduled (online status)
11/16/2017- Biometric done at ASC
01/10/2018- online status updated - Interview has been scheduled
02/14/2018- Interview (passed) but decision cannot be made because of pending ROC. Officer has to review it first before he will approved my n400. 
02/20/2018- online status updated- We placed you in line for youth ceremony and will send you a notice. .......
03/02/2018- Oath letter mailed

03/20/2018- Oath Ceremony

1 hour ago, qan714 said:

Hi guys,

Thank you for sharing your experience with us. It is very helpful. 

KitkatTH

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.