2,950 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country:
Timeline
16 hours ago, Zombie69 said:

Update! Just got my interview letter today, my appointment will be on 3/26 At 10:20am. I will take my spouse and tons of on going evidence to the interview just in case. Good luck to those of you who are still waiting.

Wonderful to know that. You have a month now to prepare everything which is sufficient time, good luck. 

34 minutes ago, Name O Boy said:

Wonderful to know that. You have a month now to prepare everything which is sufficient time, good luck. 

After all that has been provided for the I-751 and the N-400 what more does one need to prepare?  Haven't we prepared enough and submitted enough for these applications?

Am I missing something here?

I would suspect if one still needs to prepare for the interview they are going to need more time than one month. No?

USCIS
30 Jan 2014 - Sent I-130
03 Feb 2014- NOA1

10 months of bologna, we cannot believe this, nor will you if you knew
02 Dec 2014- NOA2

NVC
30-Dec 2014 case received
10-Feb 2015 case and iin # assigned
10-Feb 2015 completed ds 261
11-Feb 2015 paid AOS fee
11-Feb 2015 welcome letter rec'd
15-Feb 2015 emailed AOS & IV package info
19-Feb 2015 paid IV fee
23-Feb 2015 submitted ds260
07-Apr 2015 CC :dancing:
26-May 2015. interview--approval

28-May 2015 noon visa in hand!!

POE-??

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country:
Timeline
29 minutes ago, mrs thb said:

After all that has been provided for the I-751 and the N-400 what more does one need to prepare?  Haven't we prepared enough and submitted enough for these applications?

Am I missing something here?

I would suspect if one still needs to prepare for the interview they are going to need more time than one month. No?

You don't need to prepare anything else except bring all the proof of evidence you submitted before with new one. I was just saying some people get anxious if they have a week or two before an immigration interview. You also need a day or two to study for the civics exam which is pretty easy. One month before naturalization interview gives you a breathing space and you don't panic, hope everything goes well for you, regards. 

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Taiwan
Timeline
1 hour ago, Name O Boy said:

Ongoing evidence that proves us living together. I have been collecting evidence since I submitted 400. It will be like a continuation of evidence.

45 minutes ago, Name O Boy said:

You don't need to prepare anything else except bring all the proof of evidence you submitted before with new one. I was just saying some people get anxious if they have a week or two before an immigration interview. You also need a day or two to study for the civics exam which is pretty easy. One month before naturalization interview gives you a breathing space and you don't panic, hope everything goes well for you, regards. 

It is for safety, on going supporting documents, I won't submit what I already submitted. It is the period after I applied for 400, on going supporting documents. 

Edited by Zombie69

10 minutes ago, Zombie69 said:

Ongoing evidence that proves us living together. I have been collecting evidence since I submitted 400. It will be like a continuation of evidence.

It is for safety, on going supporting documents, I won't submit what I already submitted. It is the period after I applied for 400, on going supporting documents. 

When I went in for my interview. The officer didn't ask any evidence except passport and green card. And since I renewed my passport and some of the stamped from traveling outside USA was at my old one he asked for it. But it is nice to have it ready. Good luck on your interview. 

Timeline
19 minutes ago, Jebee said:

When I went in for my interview. The officer didn't ask any evidence except passport and green card. And since I renewed my passport and some of the stamped from traveling outside USA was at my old one he asked for it. But it is nice to have it ready. Good luck on your interview. 

Thanks for the insight. Yes, I won't volunteer unless he says he will review my 751 before he can approve my 400, if that happens, I will ask the officer if he needs additional evidence, I will have it all organized and bound too, just for the safety. Thanks for your wish.

2 minutes ago, Zombie69 said:

Thanks for the insight. Yes, I won't volunteer unless he says he will review my 751 before he can approve my 400, if that happens, I will ask the officer if he needs additional evidence, I will have it all organized and bound too, just for the safety. Thanks for your wish.

Correct. I did the same thing. did you submit a lot of evidence on your N400 and I751?

Timeline
2 minutes ago, Jebee said:

Correct. I did the same thing. did you submit a lot of evidence on your N400 and I751?

I sure did. Hopefully that will be enough for them to approve, but I always have additional evidence, almost like a RFE handy.

3 hours ago, Zombie69 said:

Seriously, don't they have enough already?  I would suspect that if they feel you have submitted insufficient info they'd be rfe'ing you, not calling you in for an interview and ask you for more.  I would think that once you've received notification of an interview the deal is pretty close to being sealed, unless however, you fail to interview well.  Just my opinion.  Of course I am not going attend the interview empty handed; that would be foolish.

I guess this one is to each's own.  In the 9 or so months of waiting for your N-400 interview, one could collect another 4 inches of evidence, especially if tax season just passed.  And having to leave a copy of all documents at home just in case they want to keep these new docs sounds like overkill to me.  Overkill in the sense of time and effort spent collecting additional info, collating it, duplicating it, and then bringing it.  Some may need a uhaul to deliver.  

3 hours ago, Name O Boy said:

:D  Now this makes more sense. Thanks Name O Boy, this response is far more reassuring. 

USCIS
30 Jan 2014 - Sent I-130
03 Feb 2014- NOA1

02 Dec 2014- NOA2

NVC
11-Feb 2015 paid AOS fee
19-Feb 2015 paid IV fee

POE-??

Timeline
18 minutes ago, mrs thb said:

Seriously, don't they have enough already?  I would suspect that if they feel you have submitted insufficient info they'd be rfe'ing you, not calling you in for an interview and ask you for more.  I would think that once you've received notification of an interview the deal is pretty close to being sealed, unless however, you fail to interview well.  Just my opinion.  Of course I am not going attend the interview empty handed; that would be foolish.

I guess this one is to each's own.  In the 9 or so months of waiting for your N-400 interview, one could collect another 4 inches of evidence, especially if tax season just passed.  And having to leave a copy of all documents at home just in case they want to keep these new docs sounds like overkill to me.  Overkill in the sense of time and effort spent collecting additional info, collating it, duplicating it, and then bringing it.  Some may need a uhaul to deliver.  

:D  Now this makes more sense. Thanks Name O Boy, this response is far more reassuring. 

I think they have enough, but it is just for safely like I said. Also, we are a same sex couple, the immigration eligibility for gay people wasn't available until 2013. So LGBT's immigration eligibility is still relatively new. How do I know if every immigration officer is going to be absolutely fair when it comes to reviewing same sex couples' supporting documents? Is anti gay bias totally gone among all the adjudicators? Who knows?  We have submitted more than enough evidence, but my lawyer actually agrees with me and also told me do not stop collecting evidence until everything is over with, so it might not as simple as one might think. It is very reasonable to keep collecting evidence just to show the marriage is ONGOING, it is a reinforcement, but I obviously won't volunteer to ask if the officer needs it, but if the officer says he is going to have to review the 751 before he can approve 400 and he might not be able to approve both on the spot, then I will probably ask the officer if he needs additional evidence because I will have it handy, I obviously not going to force submit the evidence. It is never overkill to have additional evidence handy just in case if the officer is difficult, bias against certain social minorities, then I might have to do the best that I can to tell the officer I have additional evidence handy. The burden of proof is on us to prove the bonafide nature of our marriage. My spouse is 46 years older than me, we have been together for 21 years, the large age difference, our being gay prompted me to collect on going evidence just to be on the safe side, that should be totally understandable, but you are probably right, it is a good sign that I have not heard anything about my 751 after nearly 19 months, I will probably be fine, but I will have additional evidence handy just in case.

Edited by Zombie69

Timeline
29 minutes ago, mrs thb said:

Meant to respond to Name O Boy, my bad.

Edited by Zombie69

Timeline
5 hours ago, Name O Boy said:

I have only been collecting on going evidence, I don't have to submit evidence I have already submitted before, so it covers the period from the post 400 to present. I probably don't need it, I have a feeling the officer won't need more evidence, but I will have my additional on going evidence just to be on the safe side, I do not think it is overkill though.

Edited by Zombie69

16 minutes ago, Zombie69 said:

I think they have enough, but it is just for safely like I said. Also, we are a same sex couple, the immigration eligibility for gay people wasn't available until 2013. So LGBT's immigration eligibility is still relatively new. How do I know if every immigration officer is going to be absolutely fair when it comes to reviewing same sex couples' supporting documents? Is anti gay bias totally gone among all the adjudicators? Who knows?  We have submitted more than enough evidence, but my lawyer actually agrees with me and also told me do not stop collecting evidence until everything is over with, so it might not as simple as one might think. It is very reasonable to keep collecting evidence just to show the marriage is ONGOING, it is a reinforcement, but I obviously won't volunteer to ask if the officer needs it, but if the officer says he is going to have to review the 751 before he can approve 400 and he might not be able to approve both on the spot, then I will probably ask the officer if he needs additional evidence because I will have it handy, I obviously not going to force submit the evidence. It is never overkill to have additional evidence handy just in case if the officer is difficult, bias against certain social minorities, then I might have to do the best that I can to tell the officer I have additional evidence handy. The burden of proof is on us to prove the bonafide nature of our marriage. My spouse is 46 years older than me, we have been together for 21 years, the large age difference, our being gay prompted me to collect on going evidence just to be on the safe side, that should be totally understandable, but you are probably right, it is a good sign that I have not heard anything about my 751 after nearly 19 months, I will probably be fine, but I will have additional evidence handy just in case.

I agree with you. I remember when me and my husband went to our interview for the AOS in 2015 the officer told us starting from now start collecting evidence for the ROC. It’s better that way than having an RFE. So we dor what he told us and ended up sending about 6 to 8 inches thick folder. 

Also you’ll never know what’s gonna happen during the interview every officers are different. Like mine, everything I submitted along with my n400 application are photo copies even the 3 year tax returns because all the originals was sent during my ROC. Lucky me he didn’t ask anything from me or look for originals. 

15 minutes ago, Zombie69 said:

Yes, I get the convincing thing but if things are 100% legit then the proof is in the pudding and it should be evident in the initial evidence submitted in the I-751 and then N-400.  I guess your in a peculiar situation with the same sex and the age gap.  It's unfortunate but it is what it is so I get your being cautious and proactive.  Good luck!  And hang in there....19 months, that's ridiculous!!! 

USCIS
30 Jan 2014 - Sent I-130
03 Feb 2014- NOA1

02 Dec 2014- NOA2

NVC
11-Feb 2015 paid AOS fee
19-Feb 2015 paid IV fee

POE-??

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.