Zaib212

US Consulate Islamabad AP update

2,886 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Brazil
Timeline
8 minutes ago, Ahmed&Freda said:

I'm confused you had an interview in May... what does your case have to do with USCIS at this point?

Basically you didnt read what i said 

also case come to interview from nvc and from nvc it comes from uscis.. hope you  understand what i mean. And my case was hold in uscis for approval and now it hold in embassy after interview 

Edited by Faisal1

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Italy
Timeline
17 hours ago, Ahmed&Freda said:

It's forcing the embassy to make a decision not USCIS.  USCIS has already approved the petition.  Embassy places the cases in AP that has no timeline after waiting a year or two at embassy level a Writ is the only way to get things moving.   I have seen some petitions returned to USCIS as a result but lately I have seen approvals of the visa.  Not enough evidence for me as of yet to consider but it is in the back of my mind.

You have seen cases denied and then returned because one decided to file the WOM? 

Filed: F-2A Visa Country: Pakistan
Timeline
13 hours ago, Faisal1 said:

Basically  uscis hold my approval and i had to go for lawusit and thats how they approve my case. 

So did you get you visa after lawsuit?

Filed: IR-5 Country: Pakistan
Timeline
18 hours ago, Faisal1 said:

Basically  uscis hold my approval and i had to go for lawusit and thats how they approve my case. 

please tell us in more details, how long it took when you file for lawsuit, and do you have to submit medical, to o fingerprint, and all and how long it took to receive your visa?

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Pakistan
Timeline
17 hours ago, IknBarbie said:

You have seen cases denied and then returned because one decided to file the WOM? 

Yes.  There is a member I met on here we talk on facebook.  Her husband was in AP in Islamabad for 2 years she filed a WOM and it was returned to USCIS for not enough evidence of bonafide relationship.   The NOIR did not mention anything about not completed back ground checks which some will say on here would be the reason for the return.

Timeline
4 minutes ago, Ahmed&Freda said:

Yes.  There is a member I met on here we talk on facebook.  Her husband was in AP in Islamabad for 2 years she filed a WOM and it was returned to USCIS for not enough evidence of bonafide relationship.   The NOIR did not mention anything about not completed back ground checks which some will say on here would be the reason for the return.

I don't think you can force them to issue a visa, plus they have the right to denied your case if not enough evidence and security threat.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Pakistan
Timeline
3 minutes ago, Zaib212 said:

I don't think you can force them to issue a visa, plus they have the right to denied your case if not enough evidence and security threat.

Correct!  WOM only forces a decision...the decision may not be in your favor.

Timeline
2 hours ago, Zaib212 said:

please tell us in more details, how long it took when you file for lawsuit, and do you have to submit medical, to o fingerprint, and all and how long it took to receive your visa?

Inbox me yaar

Timeline
11 hours ago, Alees said:

So did you get you visa after lawsuit?

Omg  i think you dont understand what i said when my case was  with uscis then i did lawsuit and now my case is in embassy administrative processing..

On 6/2/2019 at 9:44 AM, FS18 said:

Thank you. My details are :

Interview date: 8/2/18

Same day rececived DS5535 for my husband.

Remedical and other docs mail received on 11/4/19.

We send all things on 11/5/19.

Finger print and oath mail received on 23/5/19 scheduled on 29/5/19. 

No intetview VO said today we will take only finger print and oath. They do not want anything from us. No DS 5535. She gave us 221g marked with additional administrative processing.  She also said it will not take much time as soon as your visa will be ready we will inform you.

There was only one thing that my husband take back.his passport for some amendment. We told them. On finger print time they also take back my husband's passport. 

Once again thank you

Dear friends, is there any idea why my ceac status showing Expiring Soon after providing them our second medical and finger prints etc. 

Timeline
4 hours ago, FS18 said:

Dear friends, is there any idea why my ceac status showing Expiring Soon after providing them our second medical and finger prints etc. 

I didn't provide anything yet and my mother case updated yesterday from AP to expiring soon. I don't know what the heck is going in the embassy. and every time i send inquiry all i get is that the case is in AP. my father case was last updated on May 23.

On 6/12/2019 at 1:45 AM, Iron Man said:

It's normal thing at Ceac  after one year of interview. Send an inquire to embassy via their online portal and explain this expiring soon message in comments section and ask them to putt Mom case back to AP in active status. Embassy will take care of it.

We have sent inquiry to Embassy but no response. Still same status Expiring soon. Should I ask my lawyer to check with Embassy?  

My mother's brother is our petitioner for family immigration who is a US citizen. We interviewed at the Islamabad embassy in December of 2018. A week after the interview, they send an email asking me to fill DS 5535 for myself. They only asked me to fill up the form although I have been in USA for a while now. Now I am already in US since 2015 on F-1 visa. I graduated last month and now going to be working here in USA on OPT card.
There has been a few updates on our case since interview but nothing substantial. Our medical has expired last month too. I have following questions:

1. Does asking senator to check on our case will help increasing the speed?
2. Now since I am not in college anymore and will be starting working, will i not be considered a dependent child and removed from getting visa through my mom's case? Should I enroll in Masters to get into school again?
3. Should I ask embassy if my parents visa is approved they should send their passports back while I am undergoing Administrative processing?
4. Anyone who interviewed in Dec in Islamabad got their visa recently? Any advice?

Thanks for all your help in advance.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.