Zaib212

US Consulate Islamabad AP update

2,886 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Pakistan
Timeline
6 hours ago, Mobi6488 said:

what papers dod they ask you to submit? cr1 visa right?

Just the questioner and yes cr1. Interview was in march and asked to submit more photos which we did right away and than month later they sent the questioner email. 

Edited by Isaeed105

5 minutes ago, Isaeed105 said:

Did you do any senator or congressman inquiries? 

Yes after 14 months i was very upset and desprate so i decided to contact congressmen so that he could inquire on my petitioner behalf.congressmen inquired from embassy and provided me an standard response that my case is in administrative processing.but thanks god after one month of inquiry case date updates become changed 2 times then embassy contact me to submit proof of reltionship and proof of domicile

Timeline
Just now, Haseeb alam said:

Yes after 14 months i was very upset and desprate so i decided to contact congressmen so that he could inquire on my petitioner behalf.congressmen inquired from embassy and provided me an standard response that my case is in administrative processing.but thanks god after one month of inquiry case date updates become changed 2 times then embassy contact me to submit proof of reltionship and proof of domicile

That's very good. Inshallah your case will be resolved soon. It seems like contacting congressman or senator doesn't do much but it does give them a reminder. Just incase they forget about our cases.

1 minute ago, Isaeed105 said:

That's very good. Inshallah your case will be resolved soon. It seems like contacting congressman or senator doesn't do much but it does give them a reminder. Just incase they forget about our cases.

Yea actually you got the point.Congressman can not do anything for you.when you go their website.they mentioned there that we cant proceed we cant force to embassy for decision.we can just inquire.but there is one benefit.It works like a reminder about abandoned case embassy forgot to process a case.i think its working because in 14 months i had sent hundreds of email for inquiry status.but they used to give me standard reply.but when senator did.embassy moved case within month

Timeline
13 hours ago, Haseeb alam said:

Yea actually you got the point.Congressman can not do anything for you.when you go their website.they mentioned there that we cant proceed we cant force to embassy for decision.we can just inquire.but there is one benefit.It works like a reminder about abandoned case embassy forgot to process a case.i think its working because in 14 months i had sent hundreds of email for inquiry status.but they used to give me standard reply.but when senator did.embassy moved case within month

Yes I agree with you. I got one done last month and I'm thinking about reaching out again at the end of this month if I dont hear back. 

Timeline
On 10/12/2019 at 10:25 AM, Syeda Hassan said:

My case was updated on 7th oct and after that nothing else ..

it means after one month your case was updated and what is showing on the visa status? i am still with no update on the case status.

On 9/28/2019 at 10:41 AM, M.Ali said:

@Syeda Hassan 2nd Option tick is very dangerous, not really know about the 1st Option tick

Hello .. why do you think is the 2nd option more dangerous .. I'm an F2A .. In AP since Nov 2018  .. they have not asked for any document since everything was provided then and there .. can you kindly specify which 2nd option r u referring to ??? I mean what does it says.. the option ticked on my 221G is the one which says "Your case requires additional administrative processing  ...... " .. What's wrong with that??

I had my interview for IR1 at 24 Sept 2019 at US embassy Islamabad. since then the status show READY after interview. CO kpt my passport and return the original documents. I submitted inquiry! response say it is in Ap.

Why is the process slow down in USA embassy Islamabad Pakistan for immigrant. 

Is any one going through same situation.

Filed: EB-3 Visa Country: Germany
Timeline
2 minutes ago, Feeling Sad said:

I had my interview for IR1 at 24 Sept 2019 at US embassy Islamabad. since then the status show READY after interview. CO kpt my passport and return the original documents. I submitted inquiry! response say it is in Ap.

Why is the process slow down in USA embassy Islamabad Pakistan for immigrant. 

Is any one going through same situation.

Are you a male? Pakistan is known for some of the longest AP times due to no reliable police certificates. Wait could be months to years

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.