dwheels76

NVC Filers - October 2017

615 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Nigeria
Timeline
5 hours ago, AMAKA said:

We are trying to get police report from Nigeria. I was wondering nvc will require it ina sealed envelope 

No they don't, and you only send a photocopy of the police report. The original goes with you to your interview. 

My husband got his CC today, 10/18, (scan date 9/5). I called when the online status said 'At NVC' to confirm and sure enough we got it. I asked the service rep about the interview and he said NVC is finished scheduling interviews for November. I thought interviews were more dependent on when the Embassy had an opening? We were hoping our long wait was almost over! Is there any reason to be hopeful that the rep got it wrong and the interview might be sooner? He is in New Zealand. Thanks for any advice!

24 minutes ago, AMAKA said:

Hello

please On the form 864. do I leave blank or write none or n/a.

Thank you in advance.

Write N/A on all blank places. DO NOT leave any box or space blank that will make them think that you forgot to fill it up and will send you a checklist. 

51 minutes ago, mleo said:

My husband got his CC today, 10/18, (scan date 9/5). I called when the online status said 'At NVC' to confirm and sure enough we got it. I asked the service rep about the interview and he said NVC is finished scheduling interviews for November. I thought interviews were more dependent on when the Embassy had an opening? We were hoping our long wait was almost over! Is there any reason to be hopeful that the rep got it wrong and the interview might be sooner? He is in New Zealand. Thanks for any advice!

wow that was fast! congrats!

Married: 23 Dec 2016

I130 sent: 9 Jan 2017

NAO1: 18 Jan 2017

RFE: Birth certificate: 12 July 2017

RFE sent: 26 July 2017

I-130 approved (NAO2): 5 Sep 2017

Sent to NVC: 29 Sep 2017

NVC received: 6 Oct 2017

Case no. received: 17 Oct 2017

Package sent: 27 Oct 2017

Scan date: 31 Oct 2017

Case complete: 7 Dec 217

Interview date scheduled: 14 Dec 2017

Interview date: 9 Jan 2018 

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Mexico
Timeline
On 10/17/2017 at 12:35 PM, Mano said:

in 3-4 days. gud luck for ur cc soon.

23 hours ago, sema said:

A scan date is the day they receive the package so ask if they received the package, not the scan date. I you tracked you're package give it two days after arrival and call

Thank you guys, do they send emails by any chance? or calling them is the only way to confirm they received the package? 

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Pakistan
Timeline
14 minutes ago, Dan Jr said:

Thank you guys, do they send emails by any chance? or calling them is the only way to confirm they received the package? 

yup the calling at nvc the only way that they received ur package or not.

Timeline
On 10/14/2017 at 8:18 PM, jaani said:

First off, thanks to all who takes time to reply to questions on this forum....

I realized that some of my husband's (beneficiary) civil document  has his middle name listed as first name and first name as middle name(same names but different arrangement) Is this something to worry about since we are submitting those copies to NVC?   instead of    ( UD    CHRIS, they have it as CHRIS   UD)   do i continue with what USCIS have or fill out NVC stage with what is on the civil document?

Thanks

please anyone with a helpful info about this or anyone experienced it before?....Im confused. Thanks

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Pakistan
Timeline
4 minutes ago, jaani said:

please anyone with a helpful info about this or anyone experienced it before?....Im confused. Thanks

as per my knowledge u should use your name according to your name mentioned at your passport. If in any other civil document ur name is not similar with ur passport name then its better to change that name on that document as per ur passport name before submitting at nvc. or make a call to nvc to confirm it. but i dont think they will gave any advice regarding that issue. gud luck fr ur case complete.

Timeline
58 minutes ago, Mano said:

as per my knowledge u should use your name according to your name mentioned at your passport. If in any other civil document ur name is not similar with ur passport name then its better to change that name on that document as per ur passport name before submitting at nvc. or make a call to nvc to confirm it. but i dont think they will gave any advice regarding that issue. gud luck fr ur case complete.

thank you...

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Ghana
Timeline
3 hours ago, AMAKA said:

Hello

please On the form 864. do I leave blank or write none or n/a.

Thank you in advance.

Hi I was in the same situation. When I sent in my package my last name was not legally changed. I just got a case complete with no problems about the name change. Now it is changed but I haven't changed it in my passport so it's not changed in the nvc system. I will send my new passport with my husband at his interview.

Edited by myheart0628

Hello guys✋️, I'm new to this topic.

We received our welcome letter from NVC yesterday, with our case# and invoice#. We assigned agent, fullfill ds261 and payed AOS fee. So now we are waiting for that to be reviewed. I see on forum it says we should collect both AOS and IV packages and send them together , and that it can be even sent before IV fee gets unlocked aka gets available to get payed.Is that true ? Also, I'm wondering, should I get new birth certificate, marriage certificate etc all certificates they ask for, that we sent already to uscis or not ? Like are they valid to send the same ones again but just to NVC or I definitely must get the new ones? It passed already almost a year from applying for i130 and I'm just wondering if the same certificates are still valid for them to review it?

Is there anywhere detailed guide on AOS and IV packages?

Thanks in advance 🤗

51 minutes ago, Tejts said:

Hello guys✋️, I'm new to this topic.

We received our welcome letter from NVC yesterday, with our case# and invoice#. We assigned agent, fullfill ds261 and payed AOS fee. So now we are waiting for that to be reviewed. I see on forum it says we should collect both AOS and IV packages and send them together , and that it can be even sent before IV fee gets unlocked aka gets available to get payed.Is that true ? Also, I'm wondering, should I get new birth certificate, marriage certificate etc all certificates they ask for, that we sent already to uscis or not ? Like are they valid to send the same ones again but just to NVC or I definitely must get the new ones? It passed already almost a year from applying for i130 and I'm just wondering if the same certificates are still valid for them to review it?

Is there anywhere detailed guide on AOS and IV packages?

Thanks in advance 🤗

All the documents you sent to USCIS is still valid for NVC review. You don't need to get a new one. The only thing you did not sent to USCIS is police certificate and beneficiary passport photo copy that you need to get a new one. Make sure what kind of documents you need for your country. Different country has different requirements. And YES you can send the AOS and IV package after you pay all the payment (AOS fee and IV fee) but before DS260 form. But what I understand so far is that, NVC won't put your case in the system unless everything is done.  Below website very helpful for getting ready for NVC process. Read thru this website.

https://travel.state.gov/content/visas/en/immigrate/immigrant-process/approved/contact.html

Good luck !!

Hello! 

My scan date is September 19th. When do you guys think my CC will be done? Also how long it takes to schedule an interview after the Cc process? Im from Bangladesh. Which month should I be expecting to be done with this process? 

Thanks alot

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.