dwheels76

NVC Filers - October 2017

615 posts in this topic

Hello all, I have a scan date of 9/19/2017 for a checklist document. Everything else is ready and am now waiting the dreaded "11 weeks". Anyone else here who got their documents reviewed sooner than the 11 weeks? :crying: I'm hoping that it gets reviewed in 6-8 weeks... My original scan date was 7/24/2017.

Edited by Isa&Sam

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Pakistan
Timeline
6 minutes ago, Isa&Sam said:

Hello all, I have a scan date of 9/19/2017 for a checklist document. Everything else is ready and am now waiting the dreaded "11 weeks". Anyone else here who got their documents reviewed sooner than the 11 weeks? :crying: I'm hoping that it gets reviewed in 6-8 weeks... My original scan date was 7/24/2017.

we hv same checklist and scan dates :/ i hv called today and they said its in review knw hope fr the best :/ best of luck

Timeline
1 minute ago, Mano said:

we hv same checklist and scan dates :/ i hv called today and they said its in review knw hope fr the best :/ best of luck

whats your scan date? why did you get a checklist? Good Luck!

Timeline
Just now, uali4572 said:

19th September 2017 is my new scan date. before that i got checklist regarding my marriage certificate. i dont knw how much time it takes to review but they said that my case is in under review. hope u get here something from nvc soon good luck.

4 minutes ago, uali4572 said:

my original scan date is 7/24/2017. I called NVC sept 6 to check on what the status of our case was, the rep. i spoke with said that everything was complete the only thing missing was my hubby's (im petitioning him) birth certificate <_< I was so annoyed because they lost it. So I resent the birth certificate and called the following week and received a scan date of 9/19/2017 and the rep. said "the only thing I can tell you is that it can take up to 11 weeks for us to review the case".

10 minutes ago, Mano said:

good luck! hopefully by weeks 6-8 we get a CC. So far from what I've been reading in other posts it seems that everyone is only having to wait 6-8 weeks.

Timeline
1 minute ago, Isa&Sam said:

my original scan date is 7/24/2017. I called NVC sept 6 to check on what the status of our case was, the rep. i spoke with said that everything was complete the only thing missing was my hubby's (im petitioning him) birth certificate <_< I was so annoyed because they lost it. So I resent the birth certificate and called the following week and received a scan date of 9/19/2017 and the rep. said "the only thing I can tell you is that it can take up to 11 weeks for us to review the case".

They gave the same reply to everyone. but today they said that our case is in under review. hope it takes less time then that.

Timeline
1 minute ago, Isa&Sam said:

That's absurd, hopefully you get a case complete soon and shouldn't be waiting 11 weeks for their dumb mistake. 

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: China
Timeline

Hi all,

Our NOA1 were approved on 8 Sept. we are still waiting for our letter from NVC. After 30days of waiting, we decided to call NVC,so we phoned NVC couple times in the past weeks. But they say that they don’t have any information for us yet and it takes 6 weeks to be assigned a case numbers and Invoice ID's and refuse to let us talk with a tier 2.

I am so upset that it takes this long to even start the process. Is there anyone also took that long to get their case assigned and can give us some suggestions?

Thanks

51 minutes ago, Jiayea said:

Hi all,

Our NOA1 were approved on 8 Sept. we are still waiting for our letter from NVC. After 30days of waiting, we decided to call NVC,so we phoned NVC couple times in the past weeks. But they say that they don’t have any information for us yet and it takes 6 weeks to be assigned a case numbers and Invoice ID's and refuse to let us talk with a tier 2.

I am so upset that it takes this long to even start the process. Is there anyone also took that long to get their case assigned and can give us some suggestions?

Thanks

That doesn't seem right. It took me no more then 3 weeks to get a case number and other information from NVC. Look at my signature below, it tells the story. 

Keep on calling NCV and asking them that. You might find a good person on the phone who might be willing to help track down whats going on. Ask them if they even received the case from USCIS. Most importantly be courteous and polite. 

Edited by arsalk

I-130 Joruney

I-130 Sent : 2016-12-05

I-130 Delivered to Phoenix Lockbox : 2016-12-07

NOA1 Email and Text received. Case Sent to Nebraska Service Center: 2016-12-13

NOA1 Hardcopy Received: 2016-12-17, Notice date: 2016-12-13, Priority Date : 2016-12-08

NOA2 Hardcopy Received: 2016-08-24, Email Received: 2017-08-23, Approval date: 2017-08-21, Hardcopy notice date: 2017-08-18

Case Shipped to NVC: Email Received: 2017-08-30, Ship Date: 2017-08-28

NVC Case Number Assigned: 2017-09-06

DS261 Filled: 2017-09-08

AOS Fee: Email received: 2017-09-09, Paid: 2017-09-09, Bank Cleared: 2017-09-12

IV Fee: Paid: Bank Cleared:2017-09-15, Status in process stuck. Emailed NVC on 2017-09-20 with proof, Called NVC on 2017-09-21 spoke to operator, Called on 2017-09-22 spoke to supervisor, Status changed to paid: 2017-09-23

AOS, IV documents : Mailed 2017-10-02, Delivered : 2017-10-04, Scan Date : 2017-10-06

Case Complete at NVC: 2017-11-15

Called NVC: 2017-11-28 no date yet.

Called NVC: 2017-11-30 got Interview Date: 2018-01-04 

Passport and Visa in hand: 2018-01-08

US Entry: 2018-02-15

POE: Dallas, TX

I-751 Journey

I-751 Sent: 2020-01-05

I-751 Filing Date: 2020-01-08

NOA Date: 2020-01-13

Bio Metrics Appointment 2020-02-10

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: China
Timeline
24 minutes ago, arsalk said:

That doesn't seem right. It took me no more then 3 weeks to get a case number and other information from NVC. Look at my signature below, it tells the story. 

Keep on calling NCV and asking them that. You might find a good person on the phone who might be willing to help track down whats going on. Ask them if they even received the case from USCIS. Most importantly be courteous and polite. 

Thanks for your advice. I see from your profile that you list out all the information of when does the case has been sent to NVC and when did they received. How can I find that information ??

We talked to different person when we called them, but no luck to get anymore willing to tell us what exactly going on. It is a very frustrating process. 

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Sweden
Timeline
2 hours ago, Isa&Sam said:

Hi. My checklist is EXACTLY same as yours. My Husband's birth certificate missing, Which I absolutely 100% sure I included with the other documents. My original Scan date is August 15, and I received the check list after 6 weeks. I didn't bother to call for the second scan date since I was so annoyed. But the lady on the phone when I called to make sure the birth certificate was the only thing they needed, told me it takes 11 weeks to re-review the documents. When I said but you reviewed them in 6 weeks the first time, she said Unfortunately we have to give the 11 weeks as the time frame to all applicants. So I think it's a routine answer to everybody. Lets hope they complete the case much earlier than the 11 weeks :) 

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline

If I forgot to send something, can I just print the cover sheet and send it?  Is there anything else I have to send with it?

1 hour ago, Ozy said:

I got CC yesterday 👍. When u got cc  did u get any email or mail? Or just interview date letter?

What’s your scan date?

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Nigeria
Timeline
15 hours ago, elfinkel said:

Finally Case Complete!!! Just have to bring some documents to the interview!! :jest:

Scan Date: Aug 10

Checklist: Sept 27
New docs scanned in: Oct 3
In Supervisor Review: Oct 5
Case Complete: Oct 13

Good luck and blessings everyone!!

Congratulations,my case is same as urs ,just stay positive and everything will be fine 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.