Ricky_Randhawa

I129F April 2017 filers -Part 2

2,597 posts in this topic

1 minute ago, Yu&M said:

You're not wrong. At the UK embassy, we get a copy of our x-ray on a CD. We can open it and view it. When you get your passport back, there will be another sealed package. That is the one we shouldn't open. To answer your previous question, I looked at mine as well. It was pretty cool.

Haha thank goodness! I thought it was cool :D I sent a pic to my fiance too hahaha.

3 minutes ago, Estibaliz said:

You got that right, you might've required to hand that over with the visa package at the POE. My Embassy Officer heavy sealed the envelope for me, to prove no one messed with it, but it seems things are done differently there :)

I will take it just incase they need it. Hopefully there will be another copy with my medical results somewhere inside the packet though. I did think it strange that I was able to just look at it without opening anything.

K1 Visa

Spoiler

Met: January 2014
Filed K1: April 2017
I-129F received: 4/10/17
I-129F NOA1: 4/13/17
I-129F NOA2: 8/19/17

NVC received our case: 9/01/17

NVC assigned a case number: 9/01/17

Case Ready: 9/08/17

Visa Medical: 9/21/17

Visa Interview - Approved: 10/17/17

P.O.E: 11/20/17

AOS

Spoiler

Filed AOS,AP,EAD: 02/16/18

Case received: 02/21/18

Case NOA1: 02/26/18

RFIE: 03/14/18 (birth cert translation Eng:Eng) 

Interview: 06/25/2018

Green card issued: 07/11/2018

EAD/AP received: 07/16/2018

Green Card received: 07/18/2018

ROC

Packet mailed: 04/14/20

Packet received/NOA date: 04/17/20
NOA and extension received: never received 

Non-delivery notice sent: 5/17/20

NOA re-mailed: 5/19/20

2nd NOA received: 5/23/20

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Russia
Timeline
31 minutes ago, lon552 said:

You might want to check on that. The package is supposed to be sealed when it's delivered to the POE. 

yes, it is ... mine is sealed too... doctor told me do not open it,  i just can see CD  through the plastic window .

i was told that i have to provide at the POE, with all the rest - passport, form 3025,  big yellow packet ...also, I have to go through the procedure of fingerprinting and photographing at the POE.

Darrel and Tatiana
            2017 year
29th March          I-129f Sent
6th April                NOA1 Received date
11th April              NOA1 Notice date
14th April              NOA1 Hardcopy
22nd August        NOA2 Approval date
5th September     NVC Received, NVC case#
8th September     Left NVC
11th September   Case Ready
28th September   Medical exam
5th October           Interview
25th October         POE date 
22 December        Wedding Day

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Lesotho
Timeline

Well, Alina had her interview yesterday . . . . back in administrative processing.  :(

Congratulations to everyone getting approved. 

1 minute ago, Jeff and Alina said:

Well, Alina had her interview yesterday . . . . back in administrative processing.  :(

What?!? Why??? 

Timeline
1 minute ago, Jeff and Alina said:

i'm so sorry..... Why administrative processing ??

Darrel and Tatiana
            2017 year

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline
10 minutes ago, Jeff and Alina said:

What do you mean? Even if she had gotten approved her status would go to administrative processing. It is a normal part of the post approval process before it changes to issued. So are you referring to something different that happened?

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Lesotho
Timeline
17 minutes ago, Yu&M said:

What do you mean? Even if she had gotten approved her status would go to administrative processing. It is a normal part of the post approval process before it changes to issued. So are you referring to something different that happened?

I hope so, the consulate adjudicator (pretentious) said they need to do more research into my divorce date and when I became separated from my ex. I emailed them a document indicating the separation date and that we had been separated a year before Alina and I met. They responded with a "thank you and we will let you know when we are done."

I am thinking, no, I know that I would much prefer a full body wax over this wait . . .

Timeline
Just now, Jeff and Alina said:

I hope so, the consulate adjudicator (pretentious) said they need to do more research into my divorce date and when I became separated from my ex. I emailed them a document indicating the separation date and that we had been separated a year before Alina and I met. They responded with a "thank you and we will let you know when we are done."

I am thinking, no, I know that I would much prefer a full body wax over this wait . . .

What did they tell your fiancee after the interview? Did they request anything from her i.e. did she get a 221g? 

Timeline
1 hour ago, S*UK said:

Haha thank goodness! I thought it was cool :D I sent a pic to my fiance too hahaha.

I will take it just incase they need it. Hopefully there will be another copy with my medical results somewhere inside the packet though. I did think it strange that I was able to just look at it without opening anything.

i dont know...i doubt... it goes not about U.K. requirements, but about U.S.A. ...I guess, the requirements for entry into the country must be universal for all people entering the same type of visa... B-)

Darrel and Tatiana
            2017 year

5 minutes ago, Tatiana&D.S. said:

i dont know...i doubt... it goes not about U.K. requirements, but about U.S.A. ...I guess, the requirements for entry into the country must be universal for all people entering the same type of visa... B-)

In the UK you dont receive anything other than one single CD from the Embassy at the time of your interview. So there must be medical results somewhere else. And with that, I think are the X-ray results. There are certainly no results on the CD I got... I looked :)

K1 Visa

Spoiler

AOS

Spoiler

ROC

6 minutes ago, Cris&Kei said:

Today I  had my interview and  i am Approved  (L):dancing: It was really easy ,basic questions,nice people and that it was . I am excited :dancing: good luck to everybody. 

Congrats! So many of us all having interviews at the same time. Its really nice

K1 Visa

Spoiler

AOS

Spoiler

ROC

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Morocco
Timeline
5 minutes ago, Cris&Kei said:

Today I  had my interview and  i am Approved  (L):dancing: It was really easy ,basic questions,nice people and that it was . I am excited :dancing: good luck to everybody. 

Yay Congrats on happy for u guys did u had ur interview in Casablanca was it complicated as they are saying in that embassy 

Timeline
8 minutes ago, Cris&Kei said:

Сongratulations !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Darrel and Tatiana
            2017 year

Timeline
14 minutes ago, Tatiana&D.S. said:

Not sure if you are disagreeing with everything @S*UK and I have said so far but I can confirm for sure that at the US embassy in the UK, we are given a copy of the x-ray for ourselves. This is separate from the sealed copy of everything that we get when we receive our visa back. This copy of the x-ray is ours to do with as we please and is not in a sealed package (it is literally in an opened envelope and the CO tells you this). 

Then when we get our passport we get a second sealed package for immigration at POE. I am literally looking at it right now. And it is marked sealed and do not open. So we have both our own copy of the x-ray and the standard sealed package for POE. 

Edited by Yu&M

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.