Ricky_Randhawa

I129F April 2017 filers -Part 2

2,597 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline
2 hours ago, oatlidorison said:

Congrats!

For the medical does St. Lukes need a copy of the NVC letter,  or just the case number? I read something on our thread last last week about them now requiring the actual copy of the letter, but can't find where its buried. TYIA :)

To take the medical exam, they need a screenshot or an email printed on paper.  This allows you to have the medical exam.  

More and more people are reporting that they will NOT release the medical exam records to you without a copy of the NVC hard copy mailed to the Petitioner.  Scan this letter and send to your beneficiary, as soon as you get the letter from NVC.

Timeline
7 minutes ago, AnJ Co said:

To take the medical exam, they need a screenshot or an email printed on paper.  This allows you to have the medical exam.  

More and more people are reporting that they will NOT release the medical exam records to you without a copy of the NVC hard copy mailed to the Petitioner.  Scan this letter and send to your beneficiary, as soon as you get the letter from NVC.

Bummer! And I thought things would start speeding up after the NOA2. Actually called NVC a couple of days ago.. no case number yet.. then he told me to call back after 6 weeks. (4 weeks receiving, and another 2 weeks for them to put the data in the computer - something like that)  I'll try again on Monday.  Thanks for the info. :)

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Morocco
Timeline

Our NOA 1 is dated May 4th. It hasn't been updated since May 10th. But other May filers are already being approved..some who have called immigration..even though it says to wait 6 months. Should we call immigration to ask about our application?

Timeline
15 minutes ago, oatlidorison said:

Bummer! And I thought things would start speeding up after the NOA2. Actually called NVC a couple of days ago.. no case number yet.. then he told me to call back after 6 weeks. (4 weeks receiving, and another 2 weeks for them to put the data in the computer - something like that)  I'll try again on Monday.  Thanks for the info. :)

////////  DISCLAIMER\\\\\\\\    PH Only!!!!

not really a bummer, it is just enough time to get those prerequisites out of the way.  tick tock, time is ticking away, don't waste it.  While waiting on the NVC number, you need to get your NBI and CENOMAR in hand.  Before these, you need a Birth Certificate from PSA.  After these three are accomplished (don't forget to get one for every AKA name, also) - Get CFO scheduled and attend.  They want a BOATLOAD of documents all about YOU so be prepared to send a lot of personal info to your F so she can attend the seminar.  Try to get these all done BEFORE NVC number arrives.  When you get NVC number, get online and get the DS 160 submitted.  Print a payment coupon and pay at the bank.  4 to 24 hours later, you can scheduloe an interview.  All the while, any free time your F has, be printing documentation on ongoing relationship.   If Embassy appt is scheduled, do you have a hotel for her to stay at?  Probably should get that arranged the same time you are scheduling a hotel for the medical.

Casa Bocobo is a 3 minute walk from SLEC

Sunny Bay Suites is 5 minute walk from the Embassy

If find yourself doing nothing, then start reviewing what you have done, and look for some step you can get done that you are missing.  Waiting on the NVC number is actually a nice break, use the time wisely to get the fastest POE.

Best of luck to you!

Edited by AnJ Co

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

Hi all, unsure if anyone follows my case but tomorrow will be 174 days since our NOA1 on April 11th, with no NOA2. It will also have been 6 months since April, so I'm really hoping to get some answers. Is anyone else still waiting for NOA2?

• 04/11/2017 - I-129F Received - NOA1
  • 11/14/2017 - NOID
  • 12/05/2017 - Response to NOID received
  • 12/19/2017 - NOA2
  • 01/23/2018 - NVC received and given number
  • 02/01/2018 - Left NVC
  • 02/08/2018 - Consulate received
  • 02/12/2018 - Medical
  • 02/23/2018 - Interview - G22A: new passport requested due to name error
  • 06/03/2018 - New passport sent back to US Embassy
  • 14/03/2018 - Visa in hand
  • 15/03/2018 - POE (LAX, CA)

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline
23 minutes ago, Lorimedo said:

Our NOA 1 is dated May 4th. It hasn't been updated since May 10th. But other May filers are already being approved..some who have called immigration..even though it says to wait 6 months. Should we call immigration to ask about our application?

My NOA1 is April 11th and I still haven't been approved. You can wait or call, depends if the agent is helpful or not. All of ours refused to help us and just told us to wait.

• 04/11/2017 - I-129F Received - NOA1
  • 11/14/2017 - NOID
  • 12/05/2017 - Response to NOID received
  • 12/19/2017 - NOA2
  • 01/23/2018 - NVC received and given number
  • 02/01/2018 - Left NVC
  • 02/08/2018 - Consulate received
  • 02/12/2018 - Medical
  • 02/23/2018 - Interview - G22A: new passport requested due to name error
  • 06/03/2018 - New passport sent back to US Embassy
  • 14/03/2018 - Visa in hand
  • 15/03/2018 - POE (LAX, CA)

Timeline
5 minutes ago, Melodica256 said:

Hi all, unsure if anyone follows my case but tomorrow will be 174 days since our NOA1 on April 11th, with no NOA2. It will also have been 6 months since April, so I'm really hoping to get some answers. Is anyone else still waiting for NOA2?

Actually, I follow a lot of people in here ( by memory, not on timelines) - and just 3 days ago I was wondering what was up with your NOA2.  

I'm sure that you have to be soon.  These longer and longer waits are really hard on people.  Hang in there, because it just shows the resolve you and your F have for each other and these times will be looked back on affectionately and will become a treasured part of your story TOGETHER.

This past summer is the best summer of my life, that's how I can say this - right out of personal experience.   We're rooting for your success!

Timeline
22 minutes ago, AnJ Co said:

////////  DISCLAIMER\\\\\\\\    PH Only!!!!

not really a bummer, it is just enough time to get those prerequisites out of the way.  tick tock, time is ticking away, don't waste it.  While waiting on the NVC number, you need to get your NBI and CENOMAR in hand.  Before these, you need a Birth Certificate from PSA.  After these three are accomplished (don't forget to get one for every AKA name, also) - Get CFO scheduled and attend.  They want a BOATLOAD of documents all about YOU so be prepared to send a lot of personal info to your F so she can attend the seminar.  Try to get these all done BEFORE NVC number arrives.  When you get NVC number, get online and get the DS 160 submitted.  Print a payment coupon and pay at the bank.  4 to 24 hours later, you can scheduloe an interview.  All the while, any free time your F has, be printing documentation on ongoing relationship.   If Embassy appt is scheduled, do you have a hotel for her to stay at?  Probably should get that arranged the same time you are scheduling a hotel for the medical.

Casa Bocobo is a 3 minute walk from SLEC

Sunny Bay Suites is 5 minute walk from the Embassy

If find yourself doing nothing, then start reviewing what you have done, and look for some step you can get done that you are missing.  Waiting on the NVC number is actually a nice break, use the time wisely to get the fastest POE.

Best of luck to you!

We definitely will not waste time. Luckily I live with my F here in Manila. The PSA BC and our Cenomar we ordered online through the e-cencus website. This week we will try to finish everything... hopefully (Can't really get a lot of things done in a day with the ridiculous traffic). :jest:

Thank you for this, @AnJ Co. You make it sound so easy :D

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Russia
Timeline
1 hour ago, AnJ Co said:

it is interesting, there is difference for countries...in Russia, to get a medical, we have to provide the confirmation for appointment of interview.

Darrel and Tatiana
            2017 year
29th March          I-129f Sent
6th April                NOA1 Received date
11th April              NOA1 Notice date
14th April              NOA1 Hardcopy
22nd August        NOA2 Approval date
5th September     NVC Received, NVC case#
8th September     Left NVC
11th September   Case Ready
28th September   Medical exam
5th October           Interview
25th October         POE date 
22 December        Wedding Day

44 minutes ago, Melodica256 said:

Have you had your fiance contact their state representitive? (senator?) I know that has helped a few people, at least just to get an answer on where the case is at. 

I really hope you have your NOA2 this week. Its been far too long. I cant imagine your frustration -_-

K1 Visa

Spoiler

Met: January 2014
Filed K1: April 2017
I-129F received: 4/10/17
I-129F NOA1: 4/13/17
I-129F NOA2: 8/19/17

NVC received our case: 9/01/17

NVC assigned a case number: 9/01/17

Case Ready: 9/08/17

Visa Medical: 9/21/17

Visa Interview - Approved: 10/17/17

P.O.E: 11/20/17

AOS

Spoiler

Filed AOS,AP,EAD: 02/16/18

Case received: 02/21/18

Case NOA1: 02/26/18

RFIE: 03/14/18 (birth cert translation Eng:Eng) 

Interview: 06/25/2018

Green card issued: 07/11/2018

EAD/AP received: 07/16/2018

Green Card received: 07/18/2018

ROC

Packet mailed: 04/14/20

Packet received/NOA date: 04/17/20
NOA and extension received: never received 

Non-delivery notice sent: 5/17/20

NOA re-mailed: 5/19/20

2nd NOA received: 5/23/20

Timeline
5 minutes ago, Tatiana&D.S. said:

it is interesting, there is difference for countries...in Russia, to get a medical, we have to provide the confirmation for appointment of interview.

Yep, every country is so different.  That's why it is so helpful to find another VJ member from your embassy after you get your NOA2 that is ahead of you so they can guide you for what the procedure is.

Finding that person is easy as clicking on PORTALS above and looking at people in your country.

This community here in VJ is really nice to have :D 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Netherlands
Timeline
2 hours ago, Melodica256 said:

Hi we were more or less in the same situation... my fiance did electronic inquire and senator request... they take about 2 weeks maximal to answer each of those request but it has to be initiated by the USC.

Timeline

Hey guys,

can anyone of you refresh my mind about the procedure to call the NVC?

which number to call and which options have to choose?

any other tip would be great

thanks in advance

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Morocco
Timeline
2 hours ago, Melodica256 said:

My NOA1 is April 11th and I still haven't been approved. You can wait or call, depends if the agent is helpful or not. All of ours refused to help us and just told us to wait.

Hopefully good news soon 

Have u checked ur application on the Web site ? If yes! I would like to know  what's the last updated ? 

I'm sure confused because our it has never been updated since may 10

Timeline

I had travelling to US is ok meanwhile the K1 procedure (I had done it to visit my fiance and also for business trips)... However, I think I had read that travelling after the NVC stage, I mean between NVC and Visa interview is not recommended. Anyone which recall this or had experience with this?

Planning to go the thanksgiving week... 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.