pajobra

I-129F March 2017 Filers #2 Cause we are awesome

1,566 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Lebanon
Timeline
2 hours ago, AnJ Co said:

Be sure the Beneficiary is the one who actually clicks the SUBMIT button on the DS-160  Your IP address is captured and they definitely want the DS-160 to be from the beneficiary.

I-134 was straight forward.  If you make enough salary (125% of poverty) then don't worry about all the assett stuff.  I was really loose with my I-134, just a snapshot of my bank accounts on a given day and I didn't include any portfolio info (stocks, bonds, IRA's, CD's, etc)  Include your 1099's and tax statements.  They supposedly prefer Tax Transcripts over copied tax 1040's, which you can get from the IRS website really easily with a copy of last years return in hand to answer some obscure question to prove it is you.  Include your pay stubs and the employer letter and you are good.

Continuing Relationship evidence.......just include a random sample of communication over the last 5 months.  One a week is good.  Select something to share with them that isn't too personal, maybe something with talk of wedding, etc. 

Thanks a lot for all of that. Extremely informative stuff.. so, the DS-160 has to be filled out and submitted by the beneficiary.. thank god I asked... the para legal that’s been helping me with all this stuff was actually going to do it online for us. So definitely has to be filled and submitted by beneficiary? I’ll be damned! You might have saved me there lol...

secondly.. the Tax transcript.. I can literally go onto irs.gov and request my transcript from last year.. and a copy of my return which I can get from my accountant? Also, do I have to provide a snap of my bank account? This year there has been a ton of spending on plenty of preparations.. I make well above 125% of the FPL but my bank account is poor right now lol.. sorry for getting personal.. anyways, does what I have in the bank account matter?

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Lebanon
Timeline
2 hours ago, AnJ Co said:

Be sure the Beneficiary is the one who actually clicks the SUBMIT button on the DS-160  Your IP address is captured and they definitely want the DS-160 to be from the beneficiary.

I-134 was straight forward.  If you make enough salary (125% of poverty) then don't worry about all the assett stuff.  I was really loose with my I-134, just a snapshot of my bank accounts on a given day and I didn't include any portfolio info (stocks, bonds, IRA's, CD's, etc)  Include your 1099's and tax statements.  They supposedly prefer Tax Transcripts over copied tax 1040's, which you can get from the IRS website really easily with a copy of last years return in hand to answer some obscure question to prove it is you.  Include your pay stubs and the employer letter and you are good.

Continuing Relationship evidence.......just include a random sample of communication over the last 5 months.  One a week is good.  Select something to share with them that isn't too personal, maybe something with talk of wedding, etc. 

Thank goodness I asked... so the beneficiary which is my fiancé in Lebanon definitely has to be the one to fill out the Ds-160 as well as submit it? I’ll be damned! Thanks for that..

secondly, for the Tax transcripts.. I can just go onto irs.gov and request Tax transcripts from last year.. along with last years Tax returns which I can get from my accountant.. as far as the bank acccount goes, does it matter what I have In my bank account to them? I have spent a ton this year on things for us.. my bank account looks nothing like my yearly pay.. I’m well above 125% of the FPL.. bank account looks painful right now though. Will they use that against me?

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline
3 minutes ago, Nate A said:

Thanks a lot for all of that. Extremely informative stuff.. so, the DS-160 has to be filled out and submitted by the beneficiary.. thank god I asked... the para legal that’s been helping me with all this stuff was actually going to do it online for us. So definitely has to be filled and submitted by beneficiary? I’ll be damned! You might have saved me there lol...

secondly.. the Tax transcript.. I can literally go onto irs.gov and request my transcript from last year.. and a copy of my return which I can get from my accountant? Also, do I have to provide a snap of my bank account? This year there has been a ton of spending on plenty of preparations.. I make well above 125% of the FPL but my bank account is poor right now lol.. sorry for getting personal.. anyways, does what I have in the bank account matter?

Well, the submittal of the DS-160 has an electronic signature function.  A para-legal???? Out of my league, Maybe that is fine.  I only know what I have heard, but if your legal rep does it, well maybe that's a different story.  Check with them.....

Yep, just go here for Tax transcript https://www.irs.gov/individuals/get-transcript  and DON'T send a 1040 because the transcript is the same info, just more preferred.  The reason they like a transcript is it shows that the tax document was filed with the IRS (instead of the petitioner just filling up a 1040).  As to your accounts, you could have a boatload of cash in your mattress and .20 cents in the accounts.  They don't care about your balances.  If your earnings don't comply with the 125% THEN you can show NET WORTH (bank balances, CD's, etc.) to be qualified.  So since your earnings are good, I wouldn't send bank statements unless the embassy has it on their list of things to be sent.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Russia
Timeline
24 minutes ago, pajobra said:

Ha soooo you either need new friends or its a good thing your friends don't listen. ;) 

True. Only time will tell.  It was a time sensitive issue since the young lady in question is only visiting from Belarus for a few weeks. If things go well, I may have to go through all this over again. :blink:

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Ukraine
Timeline
5 hours ago, dkmfan85 said:

True. Only time will tell.  It was a time sensitive issue since the young lady in question is only visiting from Belarus for a few weeks. If things go well, I may have to go through all this over again. :blink:

While I'm glad that you have some pleasant distraction from sad thoughts, my unsolicited advice would be to hold your horses. That beautiful girl from Belarus might be the best person in the world for you, but do take time to get to know her properly before making any life-changing decisions. We the March Whiners family would hate to have you broken-hearted again.

Spoiler

02/27/2017 - I-129 sent

03/02/2017 - Received date

03/07/2017 - NOA1 text and email

03/10/2017 - NOA1 hard copy

06/14/2017 - RFE mailed

06/17/2017 - RFE received (an unchecked box)

06/19/2017 - response to RFE mailed

06/23/2017 - response to RFE received

06/28/2017 - NOA2 Notice date

07/03/2017 - NOA2 hard copy received

07/11/2017 - NVC case number assigned

07/16/2017 - NVC left

07/17/2017 - Case Ready

07/19/2017 - Packet 3 received

08/18/2017 - Medical

08/23/2017 - Interview - Approved!!!

08/28/2017 - Visa issued

09/04/2017 - Visa in hand

10/27/2017 - POE (JFK)

11/25/2017 - got married!!!

AOS - K-1 + 2 K-2s

01/07/2018 - mailed AOS and EAD forms

01/11/2018 - Received date

01/18/2018 - Notice date

01/22/2018 - text notifications

01/25/2018 - got hard copies

02/12/2018 - biometrics

05/22/2018 - EAD approved 

06/26/2018 - AOS interview

06/27/2018 - AOS approved

07/03/2018 - approval notices received

07/05/2018 - green cards received

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Ukraine
Timeline
12 hours ago, fordguy61mi said:

Point of Entry photo. She arrived a couple hours ago at Detroit Metro airport from Bangkok. She said immigration was very cool to her. They even joked with her which surprised me. She's exhausted as you can see. I feel very blessed to have my love here with me. Thanks to visajourney and all of you that have answered questions for me. I hope you all have this same experience soon.

IMG_0544.JPG

You both look happy and relieved:) Congratulations!

Spoiler

02/27/2017 - I-129 sent

03/02/2017 - Received date

03/07/2017 - NOA1 text and email

03/10/2017 - NOA1 hard copy

06/14/2017 - RFE mailed

06/17/2017 - RFE received (an unchecked box)

06/19/2017 - response to RFE mailed

06/23/2017 - response to RFE received

06/28/2017 - NOA2 Notice date

07/03/2017 - NOA2 hard copy received

07/11/2017 - NVC case number assigned

07/16/2017 - NVC left

07/17/2017 - Case Ready

07/19/2017 - Packet 3 received

08/18/2017 - Medical

08/23/2017 - Interview - Approved!!!

08/28/2017 - Visa issued

09/04/2017 - Visa in hand

10/27/2017 - POE (JFK)

11/25/2017 - got married!!!

AOS - K-1 + 2 K-2s

01/07/2018 - mailed AOS and EAD forms

01/11/2018 - Received date

01/18/2018 - Notice date

01/22/2018 - text notifications

01/25/2018 - got hard copies

02/12/2018 - biometrics

05/22/2018 - EAD approved 

06/26/2018 - AOS interview

06/27/2018 - AOS approved

07/03/2018 - approval notices received

07/05/2018 - green cards received

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Russia
Timeline
2 hours ago, Eric&Olya said:

While I'm glad that you have some pleasant distraction from sad thoughts, my unsolicited advice would be to hold your horses. That beautiful girl from Belarus might be the best person in the world for you, but do take time to get to know her properly before making any life-changing decisions. We the March Whiners family would hate to have you broken-hearted again.

Oh, believe me, I'm not in any hurry to do this all over again. Ideally, I would rather meet and marry someone from the US and not have to add all the extra complexities of a LDR back into my life. I'm just thinking long term potentialities. Is it possible I might have to go through the K1 process again? Yes. What's the probability of that happening? I don't know. I just try to play the hand I'm dealt the best way I can.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Indonesia
Timeline

Please help. No on in Indonesia Portal too active on here.....

Question again....getting packet ready to send fiance packet of documents..

The originals I must have and signed I gather is the AOS (supporting documents), newer date intent to marry signed (copy for her to sign).  Am i missing anything?

17 hours ago, AnJ Co said:

what is difference between Invoice # and NVC #

Timeline
48 minutes ago, Alice L said:

what is difference between Invoice # and NVC #

Some visa applicants at the NVC have fees to be paid so an Invoice # is generated that links the payment to your case.  Not applicable to K1 visas but the system at NVC gives an invoice number automatically with each case.

The NVC # is embassy specific 3 letters and 10 numbers that the state department uses to process your case and allow you to track the progress from NVC to in transit to ready to interview to processing to issued.

Timeline
4 hours ago, Ste&Sel said:

Please help. No on in Indonesia Portal too active on here.....

Question again....getting packet ready to send fiance packet of documents..

The originals I must have and signed I gather is the AOS (supporting documents), newer date intent to marry signed (copy for her to sign).  Am i missing anything?

Steve, call me and I'll go over with you what you need to send.  PM number to u

3 minutes ago, AnJ Co said:

Some visa applicants at the NVC have fees to be paid so an Invoice # is generated that links the payment to your case.  Not applicable to K1 visas but the system at NVC gives an invoice number automatically with each case.

The NVC # is embassy specific 3 letters and 10 numbers that the state department uses to process your case and allow you to track the progress from NVC to in transit to ready to interview to processing to issued.

But I can't track my case I have the 13 digits case # 

The system don't give any status for my case

Timeline
15 minutes ago, Alice L said:

But I can't track my case I have the 13 digits case # 

The system don't give any status for my case

OK   Your NVC number should start with three letters for Islamabad so I don't know that code, but does your number start with 3 letters?

2nd, there should be 10 digit number after the 3 letters.  That totals 13.  Do you have 10 digits after your code?

Edited by AnJ Co

1 minute ago, AnJ Co said:

OK   Your NVC number should start with three letters for Islamabad so I don't know that code, but does your number start with 3 letters?

2nd, there should be 10 digit number after the 3 letters.  That totals 13.  Do you have 10 digits after your code?

Yes the code is ISO following 10 digit numbers starting as iso2017.....

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.