Amica Nostra

Opinion: Puerto Rico Is American. We Can’t Ignore It Now.

225 posts in this topic

Filed: Timeline
On 9/26/2017 at 11:34 PM, Il Mango Dulce said:

The president is not leaning the same support in this situation as he did with Texas and Florida.  To top it off he insults the by tweet when down.  The man is a clown.

On 9/27/2017 at 1:52 PM, Il Mango Dulce said:

Trump did squat for pr

On 9/28/2017 at 4:44 AM, Il Mango Dulce said:

I agree with the sentiment that this only comes up when there is bad news involved :( 

I think the title reflects Puerto Rico is an American Territory and that the Federal Government has a duty to step up.

But you are correct, Puerto Ricans are Citizens of Puerto Rico unless they choose to become the US Citizens

Three posts in quick succession that are all incorrect.  Self-generated fake news, if you will.  Response teams were working on PR even before the storm hit, and supplies have been moving in to PR as soon as the ports were re-opened.  Delta has been flying into and out of SJU as soon as the airport was re-opened.  These things take time, but you make it sound like nothing was done until now.  See my post above about the numbers of military forces already on site.

Shame on you for trying to muddy the waters and use your false anger to make this about a man you don’t like in office.  Help is there, and more on the way.  But that place was WRECKED.  It will take months to begin to make much of a difference.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
58 minutes ago, IDWAF said:

Three posts in quick succession that are all incorrect.  Self-generated fake news, if you will.  Response teams were working on PR even before the storm hit, and supplies have been moving in to PR as soon as the ports were re-opened.  Delta has been flying into and out of SJU as soon as the airport was re-opened.  These things take time, but you make it sound like nothing was done until now.  See my post above about the numbers of military forces already on site.

Shame on you for trying to muddy the waters and use your false anger to make this about a man you don’t like in office.  Help is there, and more on the way.  But that place was WRECKED.  It will take months to begin to make much of a difference.

Shame on me?  

For muddying the waters? Hah.

Quick succession? It looks like the date stamps are over 30 hours and the quotes are out of context.

I am sorry but the presidents leadership the first week if the storm deserved an F because he couldn't focus on the storm.

Public debate over relief efforts is the right thing to do when we see things can be better is an important tool to prompting action. Go  back  my comments to the Florida and Texas storms you will not find any criticism from me of the President.

Edited by Il Mango Dulce

ftiq8me9uwr01.jpg

Filed: Timeline
15 minutes ago, Il Mango Dulce said:

Shame on me?  

For muddying the waters? Hah.

Quick succession? It looks like the date stamps are over 30 hours and the quotes are out of context.

I am sorry but the presidents leadership the first week if the storm deserved an F because he couldn't focus on the storm.

Public debate over relief efforts is the right thing to do when we see things can be better is an important tool to prompting action. Go  back  my comments to the Florida and Texas storms you will not find any criticism from me of the President.

The quotes are not out of context.  Two refer to your lack of knowledge about the response to the hurricane, the third refers to your lack of understanding of how Puerto Rican’s are PR citizens “unless they choose to become US citizens”.  Puerto Rican’s hold dual citizenship at birth, whether they are born in the US or PR.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Wales
Timeline

But but

Trump!

“If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle.”

1 hour ago, Boiler said:

But but

Trump!

exactly. Its beyond contempt to use this tragedy to attack just because you are butthurt from the election 

Timeline
1 hour ago, Nature Boy Flair said:

exactly. Its beyond contempt to use this tragedy to attack just because you are butthurt from the election 

I couldn't agree more. The so-called president seems intent to use this tragedy to attack the people of PR, for his own political gain. It is indeed, contemptuous.

The Mayor of San Juan, who was very complimentary only a few days ago, has now been told by the Democrats that you must be nasty to Trump.

...Such poor leadership ability by the Mayor of San Juan, and others in Puerto Rico, who are not able to get their workers to help. They....

...want everything to be done for them when it should be a community effort. 10,000 Federal workers now on Island doing a fantastic job.

Edited by CaliCat

Timeline
1 hour ago, Nature Boy Flair said:

What if the butthurt is really bad and this is just not doing it:

aQnvR92_700b.jpg

“If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle.”

Timeline
15 minutes ago, spookyturtle said:

But it was Ok for the 8 years prior to Trump? 

Completely "different" set of circumstances, and perfectly justifiable, by the reasons we all know so well. 

Edited by CaliCat

Timeline
34 minutes ago, CaliCat said:

Completely "different" set of circumstances, and perfectly justifiable, by the reasons we all know so well. 

Of course the same people complaining about Trump were very happy to give Obumah and Crooked a pass, hypocrisy or what?

Edited by Boiler

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Cyprus
Timeline

Help was not there fast enough for PR. Criticism increased it only the last couple days.
He did a great  job for FL and TX but sorry, not so for PR.
9 days was too late.
Trump was preoccupied with the NFL.
His nasty tweets against PR show his childish fits once again, who the heck would attack with tweets at a time like this. Vile and inappropriate.

"PR is an island surrounded by water.....big water....ocean water......."
Who talks like that :blink:

We know that already, who does he think his audience is with this baby talk. Go golfing and shut up Donnie and embrace your indifference.

The failing administration and it's many fired loosers have the lowest approval in the history of this country.

Spoiler

I-129F Sent : 3-31-2014, NOA2: 4-6-2014

NVC Received : some dinkelsberry yehoo in the house of clingons send our petition to the wrong consulate.

Consulate Received : July 30,2014 Transfer to right embassy complete.

Interview Date : Oct 22, 2014

Interview Result : AP , requesting another PC (not expired) and certified divorce decree (was submitted)Stokes interview via phone for petitioner 4 hrs after interview.

Oct 23 email notification visa approved.
Visa Received : Nov. 3 , 2014 VISA IN HAND.

US Entry : Nov. 21, 2014

Marriage : Dec 27, 2014

AOS send : May 12, 2015, received May 14, 2015 USPS priority

Email &text : May 18, 2015, check cashed May 19,2015, return receipt May 21, 2015 stamped USCIS Lockbox, NOA1 (3x) May 22,2015

Biometrics : June 1, 2015 letter received for appointment June 8, 2015, successful walk-in June 1, 2015

RFE : June 12, 2015 for income not meeting guideline. Income does ( ! ) exceed guideline.

RFE response : June 26, 2015 returned with a boat load full of financial evidence.

UPDATE: July 5, 2015 updated on all 3 cases, RFE received June 30, 2015.

Service request : Aug 12, 2015, letter received that it will be processed within 90 days from receipt of RFE.

UPDATE: Aug 24, 2015, EAD card being produced/ordered. ( 102 days from AOS receipt day and 55 days from RFE response received.) Thank you Jesus !

Emails : Aug 24, 2015, EAD approved, EAD card ordered.

I-797 EAD/AP approval notice received : Aug 27, 2015

EAD/AP combo card mailed : Aug 27, 2015, EAD/AP combo card received: Aug 31, 2015

Renewal application send for EAD/AP : May 31,2016 (AOS pending over 1 year). Received June 2, 2016,Notice date June7, 2016, emails,texts, NOA1 hard copy

Service request for pending AOS April 21, 2016, case not assigned yet.
Service request for pending AOS June 14, 2016, tier 2 said performing background checks.
Expedite request for EAD/AP Aug 3, 2016, Aug10 notification >request was received, assigned, completed. RFE letter requesting evidence for expedite, docs faxed Aug18

*Service request for I-485 Aug 3, 2016, Aug11 notification> request was assigned. Service request Dec 2, 2016.
AOS Interview letter received Aug 12, 2016

AOS Interview September 21, 2016.

Second Biometrics appointment letters received for EAD and AOS on Aug 15, 2016 for Aug 17 ( 2 day notice).

Second Biometrics completed Aug 17, 2016

Third Biometrics appointment letter received Aug 19, 2016 for Sept. 1, 2016. WTH ?!

EAD/AP (renewal) approval Aug 22, 2016, NOA2 received Aug 25, 2016

Renewal EAD in production notification text and online, expedite successful 4 days after RFE request response was faxed, Aug25mailed,Aug29received.

Sept. 21 Interview, 2 hour interview, we were separated and asked about 50 questions each for an hour each. IO was firm but professional, some smiles.
Several service requests made, contacted Senator and Ombudsman. Background checks still pending.
July 21, 2017 HOME VISIT.  Went well. Topic thread in AOS forum.
Waiting to skip ROC and get 10 yr GC due to over 2 year while pending AOS
AOS APPROVED Oct. 4, 2017 * Green card in hand Oct 13, 2017 !!!!!

First K1 denied after 16 month of AP. Refiled. We are a couple since 2009. Not a sprint but a matter of endurance.

Timeline

Having a Clintonista as Governor is of course irrelevant.

Timeline
55 minutes ago, Ebunoluwa said:

Help was not there fast enough for PR. Criticism increased it only the last couple days.
He did a great  job for FL and TX but sorry, not so for PR.
9 days was too late.
Trump was preoccupied with the NFL.
His nasty tweets against PR show his childish fits once again, who the heck would attack with tweets at a time like this. Vile and inappropriate.

"PR is an island surrounded by water.....big water....ocean water......."
Who talks like that :blink:

We know that already, who does he think his audience is with this baby talk. Go golfing and shut up Donnie and embrace your indifference.

The failing administration and it's many fired loosers have the lowest approval in the history of this country.

Trump always picks on those at a disadvantageous position. Like any other bully, he's just a coward, who can't get over the butt hurt the majority of the American people didn't want to hire him. 

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
7 hours ago, IDWAF said:

The quotes are not out of context.  Two refer to your lack of knowledge about the response to the hurricane, the third refers to your lack of understanding of how Puerto Rican’s are PR citizens “unless they choose to become US citizens”.  Puerto Rican’s hold dual citizenship at birth, whether they are born in the US or PR.

You are correct in my mistake on the citizenship, I misspoke, in the same way you misspoke with  

"Three posts in quick succession that are all incorrect.'

ftiq8me9uwr01.jpg

4 hours ago, Boiler said:

Of course the same people complaining about Trump were very happy to give Obumah and Crooked a pass, hypocrisy or what?

Funny, but I see the people here who criticized Obama for the past several years making excuses for every idiotic thing Trump says or does. Definitely hypocrisy.

R.I.P Spooky 2004-2015