Alysia&Luis

September 2017 AOS Filers

1,385 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Spain
Timeline
12 hours ago, Redheadguy03 said:

What do RFE's look like? We received one letter from USCIS that I can't check since I'm out of town. I can see the statue of liberty's arm, so it looks like an approval letter of some kind or what an acceptance letter would like. Do RFE's look like that too??? 

Can be your RFE because I recieve it that as one letter, then I recieved 2 notice on the 12th letting me know im approved and today one as a package with my combo card. If u didnt apply for advance parole it can be your notice tho :)

Timeline
1 minute ago, Valex said:

congrats to everyone who just got their ead/ap approved! 

Hopeful to see more before xmas comes!

Just an update. Received combo card yesterday in the mail. 4 days after receiving approval letters.

Gonna look for job soon. Need $$$$ to pay bills :jest:

God bless everyone!

Val

I got it today too!!! yaaaat congrats

Timeline

Also could someone tell me if they are going to leave the country with AP? And tell me about their experience? Thinking about to go in march to spain!

9 minutes ago, andreita.89pp said:

Can be your RFE because I recieve it that as one letter, then I recieved 2 notice on the 12th letting me know im approved and today one as a package with my combo card. If u didnt apply for advance parole it can be your notice tho :)

Did your RFE have the statue of liberty's arm?  because I don't think they usually do. 

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Jamaica
Timeline
52 minutes ago, Redheadguy03 said:

That's what I thought, I only got one notice from USCIS. It's possible it's an interview notice, but that would be pretty early. Although, my office is pretty far ahead in processing times. 

either way...its still good news. Good luck and update us as u go along :)

I-130, I-485, I-765

PD: 10/11/17

Received text messages: 10/18/17

Received receipts in mail: 10/25/17

Received Biometrics notice: 11/03/17

Received Courtesy letter for I-693: 11/13/17

Biometrics appointment (walk-in): 11/14/17

Filed AP: 12/12/17

Received text and email for AP: 12/14/17

Received receipt for AP: 12/26/17

Received EAD approval notice: 12/26/17 (notice date 12/19/17)

Received EAD card: 12/28/17

Received AP approval notice: 02/20/18 (notice date 02/15/18)

Received AP (a paper document with a colored statue of liberty on it): 02/26/18

Online update "Interview was scheduled" : 03/14/2019

Received AOS interview notice: 03/21/2019

AOS interview: 04/24/2019

AOS approved: 04/24/2019

Green card in hand: 05/01/19

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Palestine
Timeline

Hi All , 

my PD 11 September , today 89 days and 38 days from  RFEI , I did SR and not assigned yet  any advice or recommendations guys .

Timeline
6 hours ago, Redheadguy03 said:

Did your RFE have the statue of liberty's arm?  because I don't think they usually do. 

No at all its a normal paper. But if you apply for advance parole at the same time the should send you one for that too at the same time.Maybe its your interview??

On 12/15/2017 at 3:03 PM, andreita.89pp said:

No, my online status didn’t change, a trick if u want some information from them it’s that you call them and ask them for the tracking number of your advance parole or work permit, ( I asked for advance parole) They will conect you with a second tier officer and he will let you know if its acept it or no, or if its on the way, thats what I did and it work! I have an account with delivery usps too but they gave me the tracking number and said it will arrive on monday :) So yeah is a good present. Try like I did and see if it work, its worth the try trust me! Good luck yo you

Thank you! I actually received the approval notice in the mail yesterday as well. finally. I’ll try calling USCIS tomorrow for the shipping number :) i’m soooo excited it finally worked out. 

Good luck to everyone else !!

3 hours ago, andreita.89pp said:

No at all its a normal paper. But if you apply for advance parole at the same time the should send you one for that too at the same time.Maybe its your interview??

That's what I'm thinking. Problem is I've been out of town for 3 weeks, one more week left. The form is dated 11-28 and it's page 1 of 1. If it is the interview we could possibly miss it because we're not at home! I guess I could try calling, but they never update the stupid system apparently. Since my case status online hasn't changed at all. 

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Spain
Timeline

Hi @Redheadguy03

I think you should be ok. As an example, this has been the timeline for our interview:

- Letter received notifying the interview on November 21

- Date of approval of the interview in the letter is November 16

- Interview is December 21

I would say it's most likely that if it is the interview, it will be after you come back to town. Maybe try calling and speaking with a tier 2 officer to be on the safe side. 

N400

12/02/2020: Filed

02/11/2021: Biometrics appointment waived

Removal of Conditions (ROC):

9/22/2019: ROC window opens

9/24/2019: Packet mailed to Phoenix lockbox

9/26/2019: Packet delivered to Phoenix lockbox

10/02/2019: Check cashed by USCI

10/04/2019: Received NOA by mail

01/21/2020: Biometrics appointment

04/23/2021: Approved!

AOS, EAD and AP applications Sent: 09/06/17

Received: 09/08/17

Email & text Notifications: 09/13/17 (3 one for each application)

Check cashed: 09/13/17

NOA1 I-797C received: 09/18/17 

Biometrics appointment notification: 09/22/17

Biometrics appointment on 10/05/17

RFE sent 10/03/17

RFE received 10/07/17 (Birth certificate needed to be certified)

RFE response sent on 10/12/17 (USCIS acknowledges reception on 10/16/17)

EAD - Request to expedite EAD on 11/13/17

EAD - Letter from USCIS requesting proof of job offer received on 11/20/17 (was sent on 11/14/17)

Interview scheduled for 12/21/17

EAD approved 12/11/17 (notification received 12/15/17)

EAD/AP Combo Card received 12/20/17

GC approved after interview on 12/21/17

Notification of approval received on 12/26/17 (dated 12/21/17)

GC received on 01/02/2018

K1 - I29F sent: 12/20/2016

NOA1: 01/09/2017

RFE sent 04/14/17

RFE reply sent on 04/24/17

NOA2: 05/09/17

Interview Date 07/25/17 - Approved

K1 visa received on 07/31/17

Timeline
4 hours ago, Redheadguy03 said:

That's what I'm thinking. Problem is I've been out of town for 3 weeks, one more week left. The form is dated 11-28 and it's page 1 of 1. If it is the interview we could possibly miss it because we're not at home! I guess I could try calling, but they never update the stupid system apparently. Since my case status online hasn't changed at all. 

Exactly they dont update the online status because I have my advance parole but online dont say nothing new! You should definitely call them to see!! :)

My request to expedite got approved and I was asked to call on Monday to receive a tracking number

My timeline:

Forms received by USCIS on September 19th

Checks cashed and biometric appointment set for October 18th

Got an RFIE update on the website on October 17th

Sent in RFIE documents on October 24th

Documents received status  for RFIE -was updated on the website October 26th

Submitted a request to expedite my EAD November 9th

Received email from USCIS requesting more proof for the expedite request November 13th

Case history shows that expedite request was assigned to an officer November 13th

Faxed documents in response to the email November 15th

Spoke to Tier 2 officer on December 7th because I was concerned about lack of updates after expedite request and asked if for my satisfaction if I could send the papers again via UPS. The officer said there would be no hard in sending it via postal service as well.

Mailed documents for expedite request again on the 7th of December - Delivered at USCIS 8th of December

Received email from USCIS stating that my case and request was under review

Talked to tier 2 officer on 15th Dec and he let me know that my request was approved and my card had gone to production

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: China
Timeline
On 2017/12/8 at 3:19 PM, Chelleyandaaron said:

Really?! Which visa did you use to come to states? I’m also in MN:( being a little worry now.

im using K1 visa to come to states, and the agency told me it only takes around 2 months to get the green card after received the combo card 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.