dwheels76

NVC Filers - September 2017

641 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Haiti
Timeline
1 minute ago, MrHanky said:

Well, same answer as above.

As far as expedite, some people have the impression that it will, either cause the attorney told them or by their own fault.

Most attorneys will tell you that so that you can pay them.

Unless it's a legal issue, I can do the same thing that an attorney would have to do with the case and that is to follow directions.

In fact, in many instances, the work that you hire an attorney to do is done by his or her assistant.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Ghana
Timeline
6 minutes ago, jakelake said:

I have seen so many people get RFEs despite using an attorney. Why pay someone if they are not doing things the right way?

Also, patience is key in this process. An attorney will not expedite the process.

I can honestly say that I have patience and a brain to do my own filing for my husband, but dumb me hired a lawyer paying a huge amount thinking that if I get "Red Flagged" because my husband is younger then me that my lawyer could help. I see now that I was taken on a roller coaster ride and didn't even enjoy it. 😡

Plus my lawyer filed k3 like a idiot and me not knowing any better at that time in Dec 2016.. So lawyer is waste of money and time... 

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Mexico
Timeline
2 minutes ago, jakelake said:

Most attorneys will tell you that so that you can pay them.

Unless it's a legal issue, I can do the same thing that an attorney would have to do with the case and that is to follow directions.

In fact, in many instances, the work that you hire an attorney to do is done by his or her assistant.

o for sure, that's why I think if you're going to pay someone you should use one of those online services, its way cheaper than a lawyer.

CR-1 Visa

Service Center: Nebraska    Consulate: Mexico

Marriage: 12/9/2016    I-130 Sent: 12/10/2016    I-130 NOA1: 12/13/2016

Notice from USCIS: 8/23/2017

USCIS Approval Date: 8/21/2017

NOA2 issued date: 8/18/2017   NOA2 hardcopy received: 8/25/2017

Notice from USCIS Sent to NVC: 9/1/2017    NVC received: 9/8/2017

Received case and invoice numbers: 9/12/2017

Choice of Agent DS-261: 9/12/2017

Welcome Letter: 9/15/2017

Received and Paid AOS: 9/15/2017    AOS payment cleared my bank: 9/19/2017 (still shows In Process on CEAC)

Received and paid IV bill: 9/19/2017    IV bill cleared bank: 9/21/2017

Requested Expedite: 9/20/2017

AOS and IV show as paid: 9/23/2017

DS260 unlocked: 9/23/2017

Partial Expedite Approved at Counselor Level: 9/25/2017 (Must still wait out NVC)

Scan Date: 10/2/2017    Case Complete: 11/15/2017 (6 weeks 2 days!)

Case sent to consulate: 11/20/2017     Received by consulate: 11/21/2017 (11/20 was a holiday in Mexico)

Interview Scheduled: Jan 2nd - I managed to get someones canceled appointment the very same day my case status turned to Ready.

Biometrics: Mexico City Dec 27th Medical: Mexico City Dec 28th

Case says READY but consulate says case is not in system, I jumped the gun and booked an interview but they say its invalid until I receive the letter so I might have to cancel it.

Appointment Letter: Flew to Juarez just to get this, its actually 2 letters you need.

Interview Day: Jan 2nd   Interview Result: APPROVED

Tracking Number Received: Via email notice and website the afternoon of Jan 4th    Visa Delivered: Friday Jan 5th Mexico City

USCIS Notice - Green Card mailed: 3/28/18

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Haiti
Timeline
1 minute ago, MrHanky said:

o for sure, that's why I think if you're going to pay someone you should use one of those online services, its way cheaper than a lawyer.

It's not a question of cheaper. It's a question of whether it's necessary.

Sometimes cheap may not necessarily be good anyway.

Anyway, a lawyer is for legal issues. When using a lawyer for immigration purposes, you have to use one that just deals with immigration issues. That should be their specialty and they should be experienced.

So many people think that all lawyers can deal with any issues. There are so many different fields in law. Bankruptcy, criminal, divorce, entertainment, estate planning, immigration, real estate, etc.

Timeline
2 minutes ago, jakelake said:

It's not a question of cheaper. It's a question of whether it's necessary.

Sometimes cheap may not necessarily be good anyway.

Anyway, a lawyer is for legal issues. When using a lawyer for immigration purposes, you have to use one that just deals with immigration issues. That should be their specialty and they should be experienced.

So many people think that all lawyers can deal with any issues. There are so many different fields in law. Bankruptcy, criminal, divorce, entertainment, estate planning, immigration, real estate, etc.

I've seen people on here say they're going to sue USCIS when things don't go their way.

*facepalm*

CR-1 Visa

Received and Paid AOS: 9/15/2017    AOS payment cleared my bank: 9/19/2017 (still shows In Process on CEAC)

Partial Expedite Approved at Counselor Level: 9/25/2017 (Must still wait out NVC)

Case sent to consulate: 11/20/2017     Received by consulate: 11/21/2017 (11/20 was a holiday in Mexico)

Interview Scheduled: Jan 2nd - I managed to get someones canceled appointment the very same day my case status turned to Ready.

Case says READY but consulate says case is not in system, I jumped the gun and booked an interview but they say its invalid until I receive the letter so I might have to cancel it.

Appointment Letter: Flew to Juarez just to get this, its actually 2 letters you need.

Tracking Number Received: Via email notice and website the afternoon of Jan 4th    Visa Delivered: Friday Jan 5th Mexico City

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Ghana
Timeline
2 hours ago, MrHanky said:

Yes I only hired because husband is younger then me so was concerned having issues.

Hey guys, just sharing the good news!!

Visa approved!!
Timeline: 
NOA1: Feb.9,2017
NOA2: July 25,2017
Sent to NVC: Aug 1,2017
MNL case number: Aug 12,2017
Paid AOS and IV:  Aug 15,2017 (Sent the expedite letter as well) 
DS 260 done:  Aug 18,2017
Medical: Aug 22,2017 
Expedite approval and papers sent to Manila, Case status ready: Aug 23,2017
Interview: Sept 5,2017 - Approved!! 
VOH: Soon!! 

Guys thank you so much for accompanying me through this journey, it a bittersweet one but in the end it's worth it. Don't lose hope and always think positive. And thus, I will be leaving you one of my favorite quote from my favorite book.. 

"And, when you want something, all in the universe consipires in helping you achieve it." - The Alchemist

Hey guys-

My case is sent to nvc and now we are preparing docs we will be needing for nvc package. Can you help me with the details of those?

My husband does have tax return docs but not one given by IRS. Is IRS one compulsory or is there any substitute? 

Thanks for the any help :)

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Pakistan
Timeline
1 hour ago, Lora18 said:

Visa approved!!
Timeline: 

Guys thank you so much for accompanying me through this journey, it a bittersweet one but in the end it's worth it. Don't lose hope and always think positive. And thus, I will be leaving you one of my favorite quote from my favorite book.. 

"And, when you want something, all in the universe consipires in helping you achieve it." - The Alchemist

Congratulations

• CR-1
  • Married 01/08/17
  • Priority date 02/27/17
  • NOA 2 07/25/17
  • Scan Date 09/07/2017
  • Case complete 10/31/2017
  • Interview 11th December 

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Nigeria
Timeline
5 hours ago, Lora18 said:

Visa approved!!
Timeline: 

Congratulations, I'm happy for u , have a wonderful trip 

Edited by Segun1988
Wrong Spelling

Timeline
17 hours ago, Sundee said:

Yes I only hired because husband is younger then me so was concerned having issues.

I read ur timeline and I can see that u submitted ur i130 since Nov 2016 , my i130 took 10 months to get approved , my advice for u is that , to call uscis and request to transfer to the service centre handling ur application,tell them because ur application is far above the normal range of processing time, from my research what makes application for African and Asian take longer time is that , is because document from these continent  take time before uscis can get them confirm and uscis need to verify before they can approve . Never give up just keep calling and calling till u get answer , immigration lawyers are expensive and they have limitation . Good luck 

Timeline
17 hours ago, Sundee said:

And if i may ask what's the status of ur i130 now?

Timeline
5 hours ago, lousiaC said:

Hey guys-

My case is sent to nvc and now we are preparing docs we will be needing for nvc package. Can you help me with the details of those?

My husband does have tax return docs but not one given by IRS. Is IRS one compulsory or is there any substitute? 

Thanks for the any help :)

You have different options for showing income, the IRS transcripts are just the easiest because that's all you would need to show your recorded income.

If you don't have that then you need to supply multiple things like W2

CR-1 Visa

Filed: Other Country: Mexico
Timeline

Case Completed 8/28

We received an email yesterday 9/4 stating our case was placed in queue for an interview.

We called this morning and we don't have an interview scheduled yet.

Does anyone know how long does it take to schedule an interview for Ciudad Juarez, MX ?

Thank you

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.