methold

I-751 September 2017 Filers

1,635 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Belgium
Timeline

I hope to get some help here.. I applied for ROC 9/2017 (pending) and N-400 9/2018 (interview 1/7/2019, submitted for approval by the agent). Since my N-400 interview, only the status of my I751 changed to “Case Was Transferred And A New Office Has Jurisdiction”. No update on my N400. Is this normal a week after the N400 interview?

about the combo pending I751 and N400 application, the agent told me that she reviewed my case (she had everything since the K1 visa) and it was good enough proof to not need my husband to be there. If my file was smaller or not as strong, he’d have needed to come to my N400 interview (it was early and he was in bed). The agent also explained me that due to the double application, if i’m approved (which i was), my I751 will be approved but I won’t get a 10year GC because my N400 would also be approved and I’d be scheduled for naturalization (and there’s pretty much no need for the 10year GC). During the N400, the agent will have every single document you ever sent, make sure to send enough and if you want, you can ask your US spouze to come with you). I hope this helps someone..

K1

AOS

ROC

09/14/2017 : Package Sent (CSC)

09/15/2017 : Package Received (CSC)

09/15/2017 : NOA1 Date

10/12/2017 : Biometrics

--/--/---- : Interview

--/--/---- : Decision

N400

09/01/2018 : Application Sent (online)

--/--/---- NOA1 Date

--/--/---- : Biometrics

So it's not gonna be easy.

It's going to be really hard;

we're gonna have to work at this everyday,

but I want to do that because I want you.

I want all of you, forever, everyday.

You and me.. everyday.

___The NoteBook

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline
51 minutes ago, hir0 said:

I hope to get some help here.. I applied for ROC 9/2017 (pending) and N-400 9/2018 (interview 1/7/2019, submitted for approval by the agent). Since my N-400 interview, only the status of my I751 changed to “Case Was Transferred And A New Office Has Jurisdiction”. No update on my N400. Is this normal a week after the N400 interview?

about the combo pending I751 and N400 application, the agent told me that she reviewed my case (she had everything since the K1 visa) and it was good enough proof to not need my husband to be there. If my file was smaller or not as strong, he’d have needed to come to my N400 interview (it was early and he was in bed). The agent also explained me that due to the double application, if i’m approved (which i was), my I751 will be approved but I won’t get a 10year GC because my N400 would also be approved and I’d be scheduled for naturalization (and there’s pretty much no need for the 10year GC). During the N400, the agent will have every single document you ever sent, make sure to send enough and if you want, you can ask your US spouze to come with you). I hope this helps someone..

Congrats to you!

i applied N400 in august of 2018 but still pending. I did biometrics in sept 2018 and i haven’t heard anything since then.

i’m hoping to hear good news regarding both my I751 and N400 soon. 

Congrats again! 

Timeline
1 hour ago, MandL said:

Congrats to you!

i applied N400 in august of 2018 but still pending. I did biometrics in sept 2018 and i haven’t heard anything since then.

i’m hoping to hear good news regarding both my I751 and N400 soon. 

Congrats again! 

Thank you.. I hope my status will finally change online. 

I wish you a lot of luck and a speedy process. The timeframe for the N400 depends on where you live, but it’s definitely faster than it appears on the website (when I submitted it, I had a timeframe of 20months - may 2020).

K1

AOS

ROC

N400

--/--/---- NOA1 Date

You and me.. everyday.

___The NoteBook

Timeline
3 hours ago, hir0 said:

We have the same time frame of i751 and n400 and ur n400 interview is on 1/9? My case was transferred from cali to i dont know where yet.    Im glad ur interview is already scheduled.

K-1 VISA (Wife Petition)

03/07/2015 - Mailed I-129F package

03/18/2015 - Received text and email NOA1 was received

04/07/2015 - Received text and email NOA2 was approved

04/10/2015 - Received NOA2 Hard Copy

04/24/2015 - NVC received our package

04/29/2015 - Date Case #, IIN and BIN assigned

05/01/2015 - Date package left NVC

05/04/2015 - Date received by consulate

05/14/2015 - Medical Appointment

06/02/2015 - US Embassy Interview Approved

06/10/2015 - Received US Visa from 2GO

06/15/2015 - CFO

06/17/2015 - US Arrival

07/17/2015 - Wedding Day

EAD

08/24/2015 - NOA1 date

10/26/2015 - Approved

10/31/2015 - Received EAD card

AP

08/24/2015 - NOA1 date

10/26/2015 - Approved

AOS

08/15/2015 - AOS Filing

08/24/2015 - NOA1 date

09/21/2015 - Biometrics

11/30/2015 - Interview (Approved)

12/07/2015 - Green Card Received

***(09/1/2017 - Removal of Condition)

Timeline
5 hours ago, hir0 said:

Thank you.. I hope my status will finally change online. 

I wish you a lot of luck and a speedy process. The timeframe for the N400 depends on where you live, but it’s definitely faster than it appears on the website (when I submitted it, I had a timeframe of 20months - may 2020).

Oh really? Mine says the same thing feb 2020 estimated completion. 

On dec 21 i received a letter saying that they are done with the preliminary review of my application and that it was transferred to National benefits center. I am CSC filers. I dont know what NBC do. I’m really hoping to get my I751 and N400 be approved before my 18months extension letter expires. 

Timeline
1 hour ago, MandL said:

Oh really? Mine says the same thing feb 2020 estimated completion. 

On dec 21 i received a letter saying that they are done with the preliminary review of my application and that it was transferred to National benefits center. I am CSC filers. I dont know what NBC do. I’m really hoping to get my I751 and N400 be approved before my 18months extension letter expires. 

I’m a CSC filer too and had a may 2020 estimated date for the N-400. Well, I hope it won’t take that long to schedule me for the oath. I’m pretty sure you’ll have it before then. I wish you a lot of luck!!

6 hours ago, AllanGrace said:

We have the same time frame of i751 and n400 and ur n400 interview is on 1/9? My case was transferred from cali to i dont know where yet.    Im glad ur interview is already scheduled.

It may depend on the city and state you live in for the N-400. I’m in TN. My I751 case was transferred to the local office in 2/2018, then again in 1/2019 (3 days after I had my N400 interview). I hope you get through it quickly. For me, they combined the I751 and N400 during the interview. 

K1

AOS

ROC

N400

--/--/---- NOA1 Date

You and me.. everyday.

___The NoteBook

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Russia
Timeline
11 hours ago, MandL said:

I was wondering how did you know they are almost ready to schedule our I751 and N400 interviews? I’m really hoping to hear good news from NBC soon.

It's coming!) How I know? I had read a lot of forums and people's experiences. USCIS sending unfinished I751 to NBC only in case if you already applied for citizenship, and then they sending it to local office for interview. How fast? It's depends how busy your local office. Good luck!

event.png

Timeline
12 minutes ago, Jerry and Elena said:

It's coming!) How I know? I had read a lot of forums and people's experiences. USCIS sending unfinished I751 to NBC only in case if you already applied for citizenship, and then they sending it to local office for interview. How fast? It's depends how busy your local office. Good luck!

That’s good to know! I’m really hoping for speed process and approval. Good luck to us :) 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Russia
Timeline
11 minutes ago, MandL said:

That’s good to know! I’m really hoping for speed process and approval. Good luck to us :) 

Yes it diffenatly faster when you apply for citizenship with I751 still pending. Seems like it's could safe us up to 12 months of waiting time☺

Edited by Jerry and Elena

event.png

Timeline
44 minutes ago, Jerry and Elena said:

Yes it diffenatly faster when you apply for citizenship with I751 still pending. Seems like it's could safe us up to 12 months of waiting time☺

Ugh my application for I751 was submitted in july of 2017. Havent heard anything until dec 21 when they told me they finished with the preliminary review of the application and was transffered to nbc. I dont know what kind of preliminary review that is. But i’m hoping for positive news soon.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Nigeria
Timeline
On 1/13/2019 at 11:06 AM, pkgc said:

I am travelling out of the country with I751 ROC pending as well as N400 pending. On the way back I have both the letter. what should I show the customs agent the N400 receipt or I751 18 month extension letter ? Anybody in the same boat and traveled internationally already ?

I've been out and into the country 4 different times with extension stamp and expired green card without any issues at all ... You should be good with just the extension letter and the card 

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Nigeria
Timeline
3 hours ago, Benjaminz said:

Do you guys think that it takes longer for i751 to get approved for I400 filer?

with the way my case and some others on here are currently going, I'd say yes. Especially if it takes longer period to complete N400 in your local field office (like Dallas) ... you're looking at between 16 months to 22 months :(

I just got my approval letter in the mail today😀 thank god long time waiting..I am a  September 2017 Vsc  filer 1800 so just waiting on my 10 yr card now🤪🤪

19 minutes ago, Ballyduff said:

I just got my approval letter in the mail today😀 thank god long time waiting..I am a  September 2017 Vsc  filer 1736 so just waiting on my 10 yr card now🤪🤪

I just looked right now and said  my card is in the mail🤙🏻  Best of luck everyone 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.