IAMX

Council on American-Islamic Relations: Tear Down Every Confederate Memorial

10 posts in this topic

Timeline

The Council on American-Islamic Relations (CAIR), America’s largest Muslim civil rights group, is calling on state and local governments all over the United States to tear down all monuments and memorials commemorating Confederate leaders and the short-lived Confederate States of America.

CAIR joined several groups asking for the removal of Confederate memorials in the wake of a “Unite the Right” white supremacist rally that turned violent over the weekend. At the Charlottesville, Va. rally, James Alex Fields, a rally attendee, allegedly plowed his grey Dodge Challenger through a large group of people on a pedestrian mall. One woman, Heather Heyer, died in the incident. About 20 other people suffered injuries.

Nihad Awad, CAIR’s national executive director, urged state and local governments to erase every symbol and every vestige of Confederate history immediately.

“A fitting response to the deadly terror attack on anti-racist protesters in Charlottesville would be for officials in states and cities nationwide to immediately announce that every street, every school, every flag, and every public memorial honoring those who took up arms in defense of white supremacy and slavery will be removed or have its name changed to instead honor those who fought for civil rights,” Awad said in a statement to The Daily Caller.

http://dailycaller.com/2017/08/15/council-on-american-islamic-relations-tear-down-every-confederate-memorial/

:rofl:

If only they had such a response for every time an Islamic terrorist kills people.

Just terrorists supporting other terrorists.

55 minutes ago, IAMX said:

http://dailycaller.com/2017/08/15/council-on-american-islamic-relations-tear-down-every-confederate-memorial/

:rofl:

If only they had such a response for every time an Islamic terrorist kills people.

Just terrorists supporting other terrorists.

Also what's next after that, Washington or Jefferson Monuments? Come on really. We fought a Civil War to end slavery all the while the Arab Slave trade was by all accounts still going up until the 60's, not to mention what's going on today in North Africa and using migrants as Modern Day Slaves. 

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2017/apr/10/libya-public-slave-auctions-un-migration

http://www.aljazeera.com/news/2017/04/iom-african-migrants-traded-libya-slave-markets-170411141809641.html

Edited by cyberfx1024

Timeline
1 minute ago, cyberfx1024 said:

Also what's next after that, Washington, Jefferson Monuments? Come on really. We fought a Civil War to end slavery all the while the Arab Slave trade was by all accounts still going up until the 60's, not to mention what's going on today in North Africa and using migrants as Modern Day Slaves. 

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2017/apr/10/libya-public-slave-auctions-un-migration

http://www.aljazeera.com/news/2017/04/iom-african-migrants-traded-libya-slave-markets-170411141809641.html

Hey, if the police don't want to go protect monuments I'm sure there are some nationalist groups that would be glad to step in and do it for them. I support that idea 100%. 

Edited by IAMX

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline

20841018_125390048084861_432832047973772

* ~ * Charles * ~ *

I carry a gun because a cop is too heavy.

USE THE REPORT BUTTON INSTEAD OF MESSAGING A MODERATOR!

On the one hand, I agree that the Civil War monuments aren't inherently a problem for most. They memorialize a horriffic but important moment in our shared history. The issue is that some people are of the belief that they honor individuals most decidedly fighting for the morally wrong side, but whom some people believe are fallen heros who deserved victory, and thus are seen as some sort of shrine to people possessed of similar beliefs to the Nazi's, Fascists and White Supremacist types leading the torchlight parade this weekend.

There is a valid argument the memorials are of historical significance. I get that.

B and J K-1 story

• April 2004 met online
  • July 16, 2006 Met in person on her birthday in United Arab Emirates
  • August 4, 2006 sent certified mail I-129F packet Neb SC
  • August 9, 2006 NOA1
  • August 21, 2006 received NOA1 in mail
  • October 4, 5, 7, 13 & 17 2006 Touches! 50 day address change... Yes Judith is beautiful, quit staring at her passport photo and approve us!!! Shaming works! LOL
  • October 13, 2006 NOA2! November 2, 2006 NOA2? Huh? NVC already processed and sent us on to Abu Dhabi Consulate!
  • February 12, 2007 Abu Dhabi Interview SUCCESS!!! February 14 Visa in hand!
  • March 6, 2007 she is here!
  • MARCH 14, 2007 WE ARE MARRIED!!!
  • May 5, 2007 Sent AOS/EAD packet
  • May 11, 2007 NOA1 AOS/EAD
  • June 7, 2007 Biometrics appointment
  • June 8, 2007 first post biometrics touch, June 11, next touch...
  • August 1, 2007 AOS Interview! APPROVED!! EAD APPROVED TOO...
  • August 6, 2007 EAD card and Welcome Letter received!
  • August 13, 2007 GREEN CARD received!!! 375 days since mailing the I-129F!

Remove Conditions:

• May 1, 2009 first day to file
  • May 9, 2009 mailed I-751 to USCIS CS

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Israel
Timeline

CAIR has long been a supporter of groups like Hamas and any moderate Muslim will be wise to distance themselves as much as possible from this organization if they want anyone to take their "moderate" status seriously.

09/14/2012: Sent I-130
10/04/2012: NOA1 Received
12/11/2012: NOA2 Received
12/18/2012: NVC Received Case
01/08/2013: Received Case Number/IIN; DS-3032/I-864 Bill
01/08/2013: DS-3032 Sent
01/18/2013: DS-3032 Accepted; Received IV Bill
01/23/2013: Paid I-864 Bill; Paid IV Bill
02/05/2013: IV Package Sent
02/18/2013: AOS Package Sent
03/22/2013: Case complete
05/06/2013: Interview Scheduled

06/05/2013: Visa issued!

06/28/2013: VISA RECEIVED

07/09/2013: POE - EWR. Went super fast and easy. 5 minutes of waiting and then just a signature and finger print.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

05/06/2016: One month late - overnighted form N-400.

06/01/2016: Original Biometrics appointment, had to reschedule due to being away.

07/01/2016: Biometrics Completed.

08/17/2016: Interview scheduled & approved.

09/16/2016: Scheduled oath ceremony.

09/16/2016: THE END - 4 year long process all done!

5 hours ago, ready4ONE said:

On the one hand, I agree that the Civil War monuments aren't inherently a problem for most. They memorialize a horriffic but important moment in our shared history. The issue is that some people are of the belief that they honor individuals most decidedly fighting for the morally wrong side, but whom some people believe are fallen heros who deserved victory, and thus are seen as some sort of shrine to people possessed of similar beliefs to the Nazi's, Fascists and White Supremacist types leading the torchlight parade this weekend.

There is a valid argument the memorials are of historical significance. I get that.

Yep.

Honestly, it's just sad altogether. It makes absolutely no sense to try to erase one of the most decisive eras in American history. You can't know American history or government if you don't know or understand the civil war. On the other hand, it's extremely difficult not to when you get neo-nazi trash using them as some sort of martyr shrines.

That being said, I cannot take CAIR seriously when I haven't seen any push from CAIR to erase all history related to 1,000 years of the Arab slave trade.

Edited by JayJayH