Jenny D.

Best way for a Moroccan citizen to visit the United States

41 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Morocco
Timeline

Jenny, like RJandHamid, I'm here to help. While, there may be scams coming out of Morocco, there are also amazing and loving people. Lead with your heart and your head!

The K-1 visa process is a long, emotional rollercoaster. Ask lots of questions, read ALL the guides on VJ, and reach out when you need to vent. I'm looking at adjudication in the next 2-3 weeks ... after 100+ days waiting... and this is still very early in the process!

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Morocco
Timeline

Quick overview of my K1 process:

Sept 2015: I met Hamid while I was working on a volunteer project in Morocco

April 2016: visit 2

July 2016: visit 3

Nov 2016: visit 4 (we got engaged)

Dec. 14: File I-129F

May 5 2017: NOA2

July 10 2017: Interview

July 27 2017: Hamid enters the USA

August 5 2017: Married!

Hoping to file AOS paperwork this week. I also have a detailed pdf document of all of the steps including each document listed for each step, as well as interview information that I can send to anyone who is interested. 

If you are going through the visa process and will be interviewing in Casablanca, Morocco, join us over at the

US-Morocco Visa Discussion Facebook Group! :) 

K1 Visa Process                                                                                                   

Spoiler

December 19, 2016: NOA1 receive date 

May 5, 2017: NOA2 hardcopy (still listed as 'received' online...)

May 23, 2017: NVC case number assigned

July 10, 2017: Interview
July 14, 2017: Visa in hand
July 27, 2017: POE at ORD

August 5, 2017: Married!

AOS Process    

Spoiler

AOS Process  

September 8, 2017 : Mailed AOS Packet

September 16, 2017 : NOA1 text/emails (receive date Sept. 12)

October 2, 2017 : Biometrics Appointment

October 13, 2017 : RFIE letter received in mail (they want an English translated Birth Certificate, which we included in the original petition...)

January 24, 2018: EAD/AP Combo Card in hand

August 9, 2018: AOS Interview (Approved)

August 9, 2018: "Card in Production"

August 16, 2018: Green card in hand

May 2020: ROC!

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Morocco
Timeline

I met my husband there on a work trip in 2012. We tried the B2 (visitor visa), the K1 (fiance visa), and now we are on the CR1 (spousal visa). So far, every one of them have been a bust and we are currently waiting for the embassy to finally issue the visa as of 2 month right now.

My recommendation is, because you met online and Morocco is a high fraud location, to build a strong case by making a few trips over the next 2 years. Marriage is serious, and you truly don't get to know anyone until you spend physical time with them like in these cases. I know you said you guys have been together a year, but Casablanca is good for denying visas, especially B1s and K1s. I hope you are able to take something from my experience and save yourself not only time and money, but a lot of heartache as well. I will say though that the distance and the trials that you might face will be a true testament to how strong you are as a couple.

Edited by alicia98981

Service Center : Texas Service Center
Consulate : Morocco
I-129F Sent : 2014-06-07
I-129F NOA1 : 2014-06-11
I-129F NOA2 : 2014-11-21

NVC Received : 2014-12-09

Date Case #, IIN, and BIN assigned: 2014-12-10

NVC Left: 2014-12-11

Consulate Received: 2014-12-17

Packet 3 Received: 2014-12-29

Interview Date: 2015-01-12

Refusal due to failed drug test, required one year of drug tests

Final Drug Test: 2016-01-21; PASSED

A few days later the embassy called:

PETITION EXPIRED - RETURNED TO USCIS

Service Center : Nebraska Service Center
Consulate : Morocco

Married : May 7, 2016

I-130 Sent : 2016-05-20

I-130 NOA1 : 2016-05-23

Transferred : 2016-10-12

I-130 NOA2 : 2016-11-08

NVC Received : 2016-12-01

Received DS-261 / AOS Bill : 2016-12-03

Pay AOS Bill : 2016-12-03

Send AOS Package : 2016-12-08

Submit Ds-261 : 2016-12-03

Receive IV Bill : 2016-12-03

Pay IV Bill : 2016-12-30

Send IV Package: 2016-12-08

Checklist: 2017-03-31

Case Completed at NVC2017-05-01

Interview Date: 2017-06-06

Interview Result : Administrative Processing 

Visa In Hand: September 28, 2017

POE: October 19, 2017 - JFK

1 hour ago, alicia98981 said:

I met my husband there on a work trip in 2012. We tried the B2 (visitor visa), the K1 (fiance visa), and now we are on the CR1 (spousal visa). So far, every one of them have been a bust and we are currently waiting for the embassy to finally issue the visa as of 2 month right now.

Ouch!!

Thanks for sharing your experience but sorry to hear about your ordeal. 

I remember a couple of threads from you. Glad to see you are still in the fight!

“When starting an immigration journey, the best advice is to understand that sacrifices have to be made... whether it is time, money, or separation; or a combination of all.” - Unlockable

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Morocco
Timeline

Take your kids with you and enjoy if you worry to leave them, it isn't an unsafe place. It would be best to go alone the first time but that is my two cents.

However, and not to be a debbie downer, I've know many k1 denials from Morocco. One of my good friends had visited 3x a year for 2 years and her k1 was still denied. They had to opt for CR1.

I wouldn't attempt a k1 with just one visit under your belt considering that you already have one red flag, prior children, and possibly more that we don't know about (shared language, shared religion, age, etc). His odds of getting a visit visa are about .05% as everyone else says.

It took 818 days for my husband to get his GC. We are both the same faith, we both share a common language that isn't English, and it was the most #######-tastic time period in my entire life having to wait and wait.

My biggest word of advice is for you to let another Moroccan check this guy out, give his info to them, or you yourself really really snoop him out and get language help as needed. While not everyone is a scammer, I'm going to tell you that probably 7 out of 10 are in it for a GC (people can hate me for this but I've seen the gamut over a decade to get that number). If they can learn to love the woman it is a bonus but not an end all, be all to achieve a goal.

Edited by sparkles_

**Adjusting from initial Q1/changed to B1 then overstay, termination of removal proceedings**

(STAND ALONE i-130/TERMINATION OF REMOVAL)

First met: Totally random by asking for directions, June 2014 while on vacation at Disney World (L)

Engaged: Aug. 21, 2014

Married: Dec. 1, 2014

ICE phone contact: sometime in early Dec. 2014- Co-operated, retained attorney who advised the same.

Filed stand alone i-130: January 2015 (VSC)

ICE home visit, schedule time to go to DHS office and NTA issued, date TBD, was not detained and released on own recognizance within an hour: January, 2015.

NOA1: Feb. 20, 2015.

Transfer to CSC to balance workloads: August 2015

1)First Master Calendar Hearing: Sept. 9, 2015-Continued based on pending i-130, new court date in 6mo.

Congressional Inquiry: Dec 8. 2015

***i-130 APPROVED WITHOUT INTERVIEW: Dec. 21, 2015** :dancing:

2)Second Master Hearing: March 9, 2016- Removal proceedings terminated w/o prejudice based on approved i-130!! Remanded to USCIS to begin AOS process :dance:

(AOS AFTER TERMINATION)

Filed AOS packet: March 16, 2016.

NOA1: March 21, 2016.

Biometrics: April 20, 2016.

RFE Initial evidence: April 21, 2016 for birth cert/translation and Q1/B1 i94s

RFE response received: May 10, 2016.

EAD approval: May 25, 2016- Card arrived at attorney's office! Could not pick up until May 30 because we were at Disney World again :):D

Notice of missing medical exam: July 2016 (Done on purpose to avoid expiration, we will bring it to the interview as stated in notice)

Inquiry about case status: Sept 2016- Case pending interview at local office.

Inquiry about case status again: Oct. 2016- Due to factors not related to your case, anticipate a delay in processing

HAPPY 2YR ANNIVERSARY TO US!!

Infopass #1 at local office: Dec. 19, 2016- Case pending background/security checks, advised when to renew EAD #2

Waiting on interview at local office...... :clock:

Sent EAD renewal: Feb 10, 2016

EAD#2 NOA1: March 3, 2016

INTERVIEW SCHEDULED!!: interview on March 27, 2017

Text notification, new card being produced: March 29, 2017!!!

*~*~*~*818 DAYS TOTAL*~*~*~

"A smooth sea never made a skilled sailor."

Timeline
On 8/13/2017 at 10:41 AM, Jenny D. said:

No, no no! Not fraud! We are in love and want to marry.  However we have not met.  We've known each other over a year and have been in love since December 2016.  I have two children, 10 and 7, and they consider him family too! We talk multiple times daily, facetime daily, but we are both new to this and there seems to be lots of negativity.  So we are looking for advice on the best way to have him come.  

Don't let the process discourage or overwhelm you.  This site is a wealth of knowledge and the guides and people in here will help you along with way.   I met my husband on a vacation out there and we filed for the K-1 two months later...so there are all kinds of stories that don't necessarily draw out over years.  I made one more trip prior to his interview and he was approved.  Do your diligence and read through the guides, read through the Moroccan consulate reviews and browse the forums, practice the interview questions...especially the tough ones (kids, age, religion, etc).  Everything you need is here.   It's a tough consulate, but if you're prepared and do the work ahead of time, you'll be in great shape.  It's all worth it in the end...good luck!

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Morocco
Timeline

You need to visit him in moroco

no way will he get tourist visa to visit you (his gf)

K1 is getting approved now in Morocco but it is always better to marry there and apply CR1

if you need any info on marriage process or other info on morocco send me personal message here and we can talk on whatsapp 

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Morocco
Timeline

Plan early for your trip,    safe hotels, areas,  where in Morocco is he?  Have you talked with any of his family and or friend?

I'm not knocking Morocco, as I'm married to a Moroccan, but be careful, think with the head, not the heart.   They as any man can be so charming, and then a monster as fast as you can turn your head.   Take your time, know what is best for you and your kids.

A visitors visa is hard to obtain, my husband had been issued a visitors visa twice, due to their band was performing here in the US, they were kind of a big thing there in  Morocco.

I think that's the only reason he was issued the visitors visa twice.

Formally Known as Paris Heart   A long, long time ago       france paris GIF

N-400  APPLIED FOR CITIZENSHIP:    Interview will be Houston Tx office.

Mailed:  11/13/2023

Delivered to USCIS Lock Box:  11/15/2023

Credit Card payment processed:  11-16-2023

Received Receipt #   via Text:  11-17-2023

I-797C Receipt received:  11-27-2023

Biometrics  will be reused per letter: 11-27-2023

FILED  AOS FROM AN EXPIRED VISITORS VISA:

Sent: 9/12/16: I-130 + I-485 + I-765 (USPS)

Delivered: Sept. 15th 2016 to Chicago Lock Box

Interview Feb  21st, 2018 for I-485

Interview  May 13th, 2019 for I-130 Stokes interview ( 2 minutes)

NOID issued May 17th 2019

June 5th,2019   USCIS received my response on the  NOID// Addressed the NOID myself, No lawyer ever used in case.

July 1st, 2019  10 YEAR GREEN CARD APPROVED

July 5th, 2019   Approval letters for I-130 & I-485 received in the USPS  mail.

July 11th 2019   Green Card in Hand

happy tom and jerry GIF

• 2 weeks later...
Timeline
On ‎8‎/‎13‎/‎2017 at 9:56 AM, Jenny D. said:

Hello! 

I have a male friend in Morocco and I would like him to visit me in the United States.  I am confused about the best way to arrange this.  It seems complicated and difficult to get.  He has recently received his Moroccan passport, but has never traveled outside of Morocco before.  He is self employed as a welder.  What is the quickest and easiest Visa for him to apply for? What I can do to help aid in this process? Write a letter of support? 

Thank you for your help! We don't even know where to begin! 

Jenny 

My fiancé from Morocco was approved through the K1 process in July and he arrived in August. It is highly doubtful you can get him a visitor visa to the US, its a high fraud country. You cannot file the K1 until you have actually met in person, which means you will need to visit him. When filing the K1 visa, you will need to send a great deal of proof of the relationship. Morocco has a lot of denials for K1, but it is most certainly possible (we are proof of that).

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.