Waitinggame16

Chicago N400 filers

2,519 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Canada
Timeline

Hey, does everyone's case status switch from "Case Was Received And A Receipt Notice Was Sent" to "We Are Actively Reviewing Your Form N-400, Application For Naturalization" ? Or do some people just jump right to "Interview Has Been Scheduled" ?

Edited by Greg C

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Australia
Timeline
4 hours ago, Greg C said:

Hey, does everyone's case status switch from "Case Was Received And A Receipt Notice Was Sent" to "We Are Actively Reviewing Your Form N-400, Application For Naturalization" ? Or do some people just jump right to "Interview Has Been Scheduled" ?

For me, was just a jump to 'has been scheduled'.

• 2 weeks later...
Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: India
Timeline
On 7/18/2021 at 10:11 PM, gogojogop said:

I am with you, Bro. I am January 2020 filer, and after bio in February 2020, N O T H I N G! I already contacted Senators, Congressman and still, nothing has moved! Even I submitted two case inquiries! Can you believe that? And their response is still the same: You are going to be scheduled for an interview. It is just ridiculous.

This is plain ridiculous and sickening, man! 

Try keep calling them.

• 2 weeks later...
Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Hungary
Timeline

Just talked to my friend. He applied last October and already had his interview. I applied in May and still nothing. Are they ever going to get to us? Ugh!

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: India
Timeline
2 hours ago, keyuree1 said:

Just talked to my friend. He applied last October and already had his interview. I applied in May and still nothing. Are they ever going to get to us? Ugh!

Did you try calling them?

Hi everyone. I just got a notice that my interview was scheduled. Here’s my timeline:

November 21, 2020 - N400 filled online (5yr rule);

December 30, 2020 - Biometric reuse;

September 30, 2021- Interview date (Chicago, IL)

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Italy
Timeline
5 hours ago, G.G. said:

Hi everyone. I just got a notice that my interview was scheduled. Here’s my timeline:

November 21, 2020 - N400 filled online (5yr rule);

December 30, 2020 - Biometric reuse;

September 30, 2021- Interview date (Chicago, IL)

Congratulations! Glad to see a November filer getting interview date!!

Edited by Twombly

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Hungary
Timeline
On 8/28/2017 at 6:55 PM, Waitinggame16 said:

Anyone have anything positive to update?? I am sensing it is falling further behind with no March updates yet. 

I’m May 2020. Still nothing!

Timeline

Estimated time until case decision changed from 10 months to 8 months today (filed March 2021) - I know these aren't accurate but just wanted to share the false sense of progress and positivity! Ha

• 2 weeks later...
Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Australia
Timeline

I passed my interview today!

Parking: I had a positive experience with parking at 515 S Financial Place. Easy to book ahead of time on Parking.com. I took the printed parking pass, and displayed it on the dashboard of my car. I don't think there was anything else I had to do. It's a short walk from there to the federal building.

https://parking.com/chicago/parking-near/41.87451766/-87.63259430/515 S. FINANCIAL PLACE

I only tried to enter the building 15 minutes before the start of my interview. Everyone was very helpful. I expected that I would have to wait for maybe 30 minutes, but there was a very short wait.

Interviewing officer asked me only to produce my green card and passport. I had an organized folder with everything else prepared, but was not asked to produce it. Interviewing officer needed to verify my identity by taking a photograph (necessitating me briefly removing my face covering), and also fingerprints using a fingerprint scanner.

Honestly, after my interview, I could hardly remember which Civics questions were asked until I sat down and went through the list of 100 questions ('oh, that one was one of them.'). I also cannot remember the order that the questions were asked. The questions I got were:

What does the Constitution do?
We elect a president for how many years?
What is the highest court in the United States?
Why did the colonists fight the British?
What did Martin Luther King Jr. Do?
What ocean is on the West coast of the United States?

Reading (sentence appears on an iPad):
Who can vote?
Writing (write on lines spaced vertically about 2 cm apart on an iPad with a provided stylus):
Citizens can vote.

The interviewing officer made me very comfortable. Went through confirming some of the details of my application. Not all of the 'no' questions were asked, but all of the 'yes' questions were asked.

Had to sign the iPad twice using a stylus. Once to confirm that there were no changes to my application, and a second time that I was willing to do the oath.

At the end of the interview, I received a notice saying that I had been recommended for approval. The whole interview was done in ~25 minutes.

In terms of pandemic things, the building was at really very low occupancy. It felt quite empty.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Morocco
Timeline

Went in for biometrics today (Naperville office). 

N400 filed in May 2021

Biometrics done 9/2/2021

Case status says "actively being reviewed". Hoping we don't have to wait too much longer, but also trying to keep low expectations and prepare for a long wait. 

If you are going through the visa process and will be interviewing in Casablanca, Morocco, join us over at the

US-Morocco Visa Discussion Facebook Group! :) 

K1 Visa Process                                                                                                   

Spoiler

December 19, 2016: NOA1 receive date 

May 5, 2017: NOA2 hardcopy (still listed as 'received' online...)

May 23, 2017: NVC case number assigned

July 10, 2017: Interview
July 14, 2017: Visa in hand
July 27, 2017: POE at ORD

August 5, 2017: Married!

AOS Process    

Spoiler

AOS Process  

September 8, 2017 : Mailed AOS Packet

September 16, 2017 : NOA1 text/emails (receive date Sept. 12)

October 2, 2017 : Biometrics Appointment

October 13, 2017 : RFIE letter received in mail (they want an English translated Birth Certificate, which we included in the original petition...)

January 24, 2018: EAD/AP Combo Card in hand

August 9, 2018: AOS Interview (Approved)

August 9, 2018: "Card in Production"

August 16, 2018: Green card in hand

May 2020: ROC!

Checked My USCIS today and have been scheduled for interview!

October 1st in St Louis. Surprised it's not Chicago but given my location in Illinois, it's about the same travel time either way.

Finally some progress. Looking at 19 months between submitting and interview!

Timeline
On 9/3/2021 at 7:16 PM, Alex & Brit said:

Checked My USCIS today and have been scheduled for interview!

October 1st in St Louis. Surprised it's not Chicago but given my location in Illinois, it's about the same travel time either way.

Finally some progress. Looking at 19 months between submitting and interview!

Congrats! Did you receive an email letting you know there was a case update or did you just check on your own and happen to see that the interview had scheduled?

9 hours ago, Greg C said:

Congrats! Did you receive an email letting you know there was a case update or did you just check on your own and happen to see that the interview had scheduled?

I happened to check on my own - I do it periodically during the day on the status checker.

I did, however, receive both an email and text message the next day.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.