40 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Ethiopia
Timeline

Hello friends I have a question.. after the biometric is done it's gonna be interview right?? What if for those who doesn't require interview what's the next step?.. and how long after that to get green card?? Anyone out there got their green card without interview?? How long does it take to get GC and work permit?? Thank you

1 minute ago, miki0630 said:

Hello friends I have a question.. after the biometric is done it's gonna be interview right?? What if for those who doesn't require interview what's the next step?.. and how long after that to get green card?? Anyone out there got their green card without interview?? How long does it take to get GC and work permit?? Thank you

It could be months. I had my biometrics back in November. You could get RFEs. But if you're adjusting from K1 there's a lot of people who do not have an interview. 

Timeline
2 minutes ago, Jordan8768 said:

It could be months. I had my biometrics back in November. You could get RFEs. But if you're adjusting from K1 there's a lot of people who do not have an interview. 

Thanks a lot I appreciate that... I feel like I might not need interview. I'm adjusting from IR1. if they need interview to verify if the marriage is true I don't think I need one 😊 coz we sent as evidence  marriage certificate, our child's birth certificate, joint bank account, lease of our rental apartment, tax return. What more do they need🤔🤔🤔 i had RFE waiting to get by mail hope this week will get it.

18 minutes ago, miki0630 said:

It could be upwards of 9-12 months without an interview. Actually hope for an interview because it usually is faster if you had an interview. 

Timeline
4 minutes ago, cyberfx1024 said:

It could be upwards of 9-12 months without an interview. Actually hope for an interview because it usually is faster if you had an interview. 

Oh really??  Ummm that's too long... 

Just now, miki0630 said:

Oh really??  Ummm that's too long... 

Well that's about average when you are adjusting status. While on average it's about 4 months to get the EAD(Work Authorization) if you filed it the same time as the AOS paperwork. 

Timeline
2 minutes ago, Transborderwife said:

You don't adjust status from that either 

What do you mean?? I'm doing it...I married my USC husband and doing AOS now.. is there any other name??,🤔🤔 what I know is CR1

Filed: Other Country: Canada
Timeline
Just now, miki0630 said:

What do you mean?? I'm doing it...I married my USC husband and doing AOS now.. is there any other name??,🤔🤔 what I know is CR1

Cr1 is out of country.  AOS is in country.  

Itll be 9-12 before a mandatory interview 

Edited by Transborderwife

Timeline
Just now, cyberfx1024 said:

Well that's about average when you are adjusting status. While on average it's about 4 months to get the EAD(Work Authorization) if you filed it the same time as the AOS paperwork. 

Yes i did at the same time... 1 month passed now... 

Just now, miki0630 said:

She is correct. CR1 is when you are filing for your spouse and they are abroad. While AOS or Adjustment Of Status is when they are already here. 

Timeline
1 minute ago, Transborderwife said:

Cr1 is out of country.  AOS is in country.  

Itll be 9-12 before a mandatory interview 

I see...  atleast I applied EAD together in the mean time I could work when I get it

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.