sami amber

the CO gived me my passport back and 221(g) and kept my mariage certificat and taxes and photos and chat history

25 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Afghanistan
Timeline

Sometimes they take the passport and sometimes they dont. It's doesn't mean u will be denied. As of right now u will be in AP. Unfortunately this can be days all the way to years. Just stay positive and hopefully soon u will get visa. My Fiancé has been in AP for over 5 months and they took his passport at interview.  He is from Afghanistan. I know spousal visas take longer then k1 visas. Just keep praying🙏🙏🙏

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Morocco
Timeline

Good sign is they kept documetns and said AP  / if fully denied they return documents in Casa

Bad sign is they did not keep your passport to do any visa packet 

so, truth is, none have experienced this in casa and we can only hope, for the 2 of you, that this will not take forever

BTW to you all a 221G from morocco when denied does not show reason / just is x in a square and signed with unrecognizable signature

I know as i want thru this

elhamdo lella

we fought for and got our approval and soon it will be time for citizenship

incha allah you will succeed

just 3 things

1 be patient

2 do not give up

and 3 do not take frustaion out on each other

Jeanne

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Turkey
Timeline

My fiancé had the same problem. He said the interview went well and asked about 5-6 questions but at the end of the the interview, she couldn't make a decision so she kept my tax returns and my co sponsor which is my mother, her tax returns as well and the police reports but gave his passport back with a 221g white slip with no miss documents just under extra background check but he did ask how long this process will take. & she said a week or 2 weeks. After a week and half, the embassy called to send your passport. 

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Morocco
Timeline
9 hours ago, Mazeda said:

My fiancé had the same problem. He said the interview went well and asked about 5-6 questions but at the end of the the interview, she couldn't make a decision so she kept my tax returns and my co sponsor which is my mother, her tax returns as well and the police reports but gave his passport back with a 221g white slip with no miss documents just under extra background check but he did ask how long this process will take. & she said a week or 2 weeks. After a week and half, the embassy called to send your passport. 

ow is thats in casablanca embassy ? or somwere else

Timeline
11 hours ago, adil-rafa said:

Good sign is they kept documetns and said AP  / if fully denied they return documents in Casa

Bad sign is they did not keep your passport to do any visa packet 

so, truth is, none have experienced this in casa and we can only hope, for the 2 of you, that this will not take forever

BTW to you all a 221G from morocco when denied does not show reason / just is x in a square and signed with unrecognizable signature

I know as i want thru this

elhamdo lella

we fought for and got our approval and soon it will be time for citizenship

incha allah you will succeed

just 3 things

1 be patient

2 do not give up

and 3 do not take frustaion out on each other

Jeanne

no the paper they gave me said administrative processes it have no x in it its said it will take several weeks . and they will contact me

Timeline
12 hours ago, desilove77 said:

Sometimes they take the passport and sometimes they dont. It's doesn't mean u will be denied. As of right now u will be in AP. Unfortunately this can be days all the way to years. Just stay positive and hopefully soon u will get visa. My Fiancé has been in AP for over 5 months and they took his passport at interview.  He is from Afghanistan. I know spousal visas take longer then k1 visas. Just keep praying🙏🙏🙏

thank you for the possitive thoughts sir and iknow thts things take months and somtimes years and its depend on evrything they do back chek and stuff 

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
23 hours ago, sami amber said:

the consular officer in casablanca embassy  gived me my passport and 221(g) and she kept my translated mariage certificat and my birth certificate the original and my wife taxes return and photos and letters and chats history . im wondering why and how loong this will take 

Hello

this is exactly the same what happened with my husband at Montreal embassy. they gave him his passport back and kept the documents after 10 days we received an email they want us to complete form DS 5535, we did and we are still waiting now they gave us no time frame nothing. 

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Vietnam
Timeline
7 hours ago, rahsab said:

Hello

this is exactly the same what happened with my husband at Montreal embassy. they gave him his passport back and kept the documents after 10 days we received an email they want us to complete form DS 5535, we did and we are still waiting now they gave us no time frame nothing. 

Embassies/consulates will almost NEVER give you a time frame ever. Doesn't matter how easy or hard, they will not tell you. About the only time they will give you a time frame is after you are approved, they will give you a time frame on how long it will take for you to receive your passport back with the visa in it.

Steps Before Citizenship:

Spoiler

K-1

09/24/2016 - I-129F Packet Submitted, 09/26/2016 - NOA1, 10/27/2016 - RFE Received

11/02/2016 - RFE Reply sent

11/09/2016 - NOA2

11/21/2016 - NVC Receives packet

12/12/2016 - Case left NVC for BKK Consulate

01/10/2017 - After travelling via the slowest route possible (likely via carrier pigeon) BKK Consulate receives packet

01/16/2017 - Packet 3 Instructions received 02/28/2017 - Packet 3 Instructions Completed

03/05/2017 - Packet 4 received (now the fun begins) --> 03/29/2017 - Interview disappears from the schedule on the embassy website -->03/30/2017 - She goes to her interview, is told they need to verify her documents since she is Vietnamese interviewing in Thailand, receives a 221G with 'Verification of Viet documents' as the reason. Gave back her passport.-->03/31/2017-04/04/2017 - Case is being continuously touched. We suspect that our case was approved at this point but they didn't have her passport. --> 04/10/2017 (10 days after interview) - Email emabssy to inquire about updates and if there was anything we could do to move things forward. (3h later) - She is told that she is approved and to expect her passport soon (how when they don't have it in their posession?) After clarification, instructed to send our passport to them. Ship out passport in a rush to beat Songkran (which failed) --> 04/11/2017 - Passport at embassy according to Thai Post Office --> 04/17/2017 - Emailed to confirm they received the passport. They issued an evasive answer about Songkran backlog (they love evasive non-committal answers)--> 04/24/2017  Evening - Case changes from Immigrant Visa to Non-Immigrant Visa and a new case created date is given --? 04/25/2017 morning  (less than 12h later) - Case flies through Ready -->Admin Processing --> Issued

04/26/2017 - Checks mail, passport is there. No mention of it being mailed out. 

05/02/2017 - Arrives in the USA, without Issue

06/17/2017 - Marriage!

AOS

7/01/17- Mailed AOS packet to Chicago

7/03/17- Packet received

07/07/17 - SMS and Email notification of NOA1 for AoS, EAD, and AP

07/13/17 - Received paper copies of NOA1 for AoS, EAD, and AP

07/21/17 - Received Biometrics Appointment Letter

08/02/17 - Biometrics Appointment Completed 

11/04/17 - EAD Approved - New Card Is Ready For Production

11/09/17 - AP Approved, EAD - Card Produced Awaiting Mailing, EAD - Card Has Been Mailed.

11/13/17 - EAD/AP Combo Card Received. 

11/05/2018 - Received SMS Notification that Interview Has Been Scheduled

11/10/2018 - Received Paper Interview Notice

12/11/2018 - Interview Date
12/12/2018 - Approved

ROC

11/18/2020 - Mailed ROC packet

11/20/2020 - Packet received

01/16/2021 - Received NOA1 

05/28/2021 - Biometrics Waived

08/04/2021 - ROC Approved

08/11/2021 - GC received

Citizenship

09/15/2021 - N-400 Filed Electronically, NOA-1 received, Biometrics Waiver Received

07/01/2022 - Interview Notice Received
08/10/2022 - Interview Date, Approved, Oath Ceremony

Timeline

iknow its not good for us but i know wht they do its a hard work and i dont blame them im gonna just wait . thats all i can do seriously and i hop everyone have this problem to get resolved as fast as they desire

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.