sami amber

the CO gived me my passport back and 221(g) and kept my mariage certificat and taxes and photos and chat history

25 posts in this topic

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Morocco
Timeline

the consular officer in casablanca embassy  gived me my passport and 221(g) and she kept my translated mariage certificat and my birth certificate the original and my wife taxes return and photos and letters and chats history . im wondering why and how loong this will take 

Timeline

Coco8 

11 minutes ago, Coco8 said:

How did the interview go? Did they approve your visa or did you tell you anything of what they need to do?  It seems they want to go over your evidence and do background check so that will take a while.

the interview went okey . and no she didnt say nothing actually she just said she gonna keep my pictures and my letters and chats history and she handed me the 221(g) and my passport 

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Morocco
Timeline

So she returned your passport to you along with the 221g? That is usually not a good sign. Were there any documents that the officer told you were missing?

If you are going through the visa process and will be interviewing in Casablanca, Morocco, join us over at the

US-Morocco Visa Discussion Facebook Group! :) 

K1 Visa Process                                                                                                   

Spoiler

December 19, 2016: NOA1 receive date 

May 5, 2017: NOA2 hardcopy (still listed as 'received' online...)

May 23, 2017: NVC case number assigned

July 10, 2017: Interview
July 14, 2017: Visa in hand
July 27, 2017: POE at ORD

August 5, 2017: Married!

AOS Process    

Spoiler

AOS Process  

September 8, 2017 : Mailed AOS Packet

September 16, 2017 : NOA1 text/emails (receive date Sept. 12)

October 2, 2017 : Biometrics Appointment

October 13, 2017 : RFIE letter received in mail (they want an English translated Birth Certificate, which we included in the original petition...)

January 24, 2018: EAD/AP Combo Card in hand

August 9, 2018: AOS Interview (Approved)

August 9, 2018: "Card in Production"

August 16, 2018: Green card in hand

May 2020: ROC!

10 minutes ago, sami amber said:

Coco8 

the interview went okey . and no she didnt say nothing actually she just said she gonna keep my pictures and my letters and chats history and she handed me the 221(g) and my passport 

If they did not keep your passport or told you were approved, it is hard to know. As I said, they probably want to do more research or ask you for more information, and do more background checks on you. It is hard to estimate the time because Morrocco is a high-fraud country so you could be looking at a few weeks or months. 

What type of questions did they ask? 

Are they any "red flags" in the relationship? For example, age difference. Have you met in person several times? Did you have a lot of evidence for the relationship?

Also, is this a K3? Those are not very common. Usually if you are married people do an IR1/CR1.

You can start by looking at the reviews of the consulate: http://www.visajourney.com/reviews/index.php?cnty=Morocco Some people share their cases.

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Morocco
Timeline
7 minutes ago, sami amber said:

its said administration processing 

Without stating any specific reason (missing document for example)?

Well, I guess now there isn't much you can do except wait for AP completion.

~~~

Timeline
1 hour ago, Coco8 said:

If they did not keep your passport or told you were approved, it is hard to know. As I said, they probably want to do more research or ask you for more information, and do more background checks on you. It is hard to estimate the time because Morrocco is a high-fraud country so you could be looking at a few weeks or months. 

What type of questions did they ask? 

Are they any "red flags" in the relationship? For example, age difference. Have you met in person several times? Did you have a lot of evidence for the relationship?

Also, is this a K3? Those are not very common. Usually if you are married people do an IR1/CR1.

You can start by looking at the reviews of the consulate: http://www.visajourney.com/reviews/index.php?cnty=Morocco Some people share their cases.

no actually . no bigg age difference and yes we did met and married in 🇲🇦 morocco and . and they asked normal question and were i did work beffore and when we met and how loong each trip taked and if i did met her parents etc i did get confused in somme point cuz ahe seemed saying wht ever cuz she asked same question over 2 times . we been maried for 5 years now how this is a fraud ? i hop i get an email from them next months .

Just now, sami amber said:

we been maried for 5 years now how this is a fraud ? 

I'm not saying it is fraud. Just that either they need to do more background checks or go over the evidence. 

How long you've been married does not really matter. But had you applied for a visa before? Have you been apart for 5 years? How many times have you met over the 5 years and before getting married?

Timeline
1 minute ago, SaRy said:

Without stating any specific reason (missing document for example)?

Well, I guess now there isn't much you can do except wait for AP completion.

yes i hop im getting a response from them soon . i know they have work to do and cheks to do i dont blame no one cuz i know how things goin in morocco anything thats its administrative take huge delay but my wife she stressed and me too . i hop evrything go well for evrybody thats have the same case 

Timeline
3 minutes ago, Coco8 said:

I'm not saying it is fraud. Just that either they need to do more background checks or go over the evidence. 

How long you've been married does not really matter. But had you applied for a visa before? Have you been apart for 5 years? How many times have you met over the 5 years and before getting married?

we been together for 2 times once for 3 month and second for 3 month . my wife work don't allow her to just take a plan and comm to morocco when ever we wants and no i didnt apply for a visa beffor 

Timeline
1 hour ago, RJandHamid said:

So she returned your passport to you along with the 221g? That is usually not a good sign. Were there any documents that the officer told you were missing?

yes she did not ask me to bring anything . she just kept my wife taxes our chat history and our photos and letters thats me and my wife been exchanging . and why its a bad sign

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Morocco
Timeline
11 minutes ago, sami amber said:

yes she did not ask me to bring anything . she just kept my wife taxes our chat history and our photos and letters thats me and my wife been exchanging . and why its a bad sign

Was there any mention by the CO of the visa approval or how long it will take? As others in the thread have said, Morocco is a difficult country to go through the spousal visa process in. If they did not keep your passport, it means they cannot add the visa inside it, so that means you would have to submit it to them at a later date which can take much time. Unfortunately no one can tell you how long you will be waiting. Morocco is known for having long periods of AP, and there isn't anything you can do to speed up the process.

If you are going through the visa process and will be interviewing in Casablanca, Morocco, join us over at the

US-Morocco Visa Discussion Facebook Group! :) 

K1 Visa Process                                                                                                   

Spoiler

December 19, 2016: NOA1 receive date 

May 5, 2017: NOA2 hardcopy (still listed as 'received' online...)

May 23, 2017: NVC case number assigned

July 10, 2017: Interview
July 14, 2017: Visa in hand
July 27, 2017: POE at ORD

August 5, 2017: Married!

AOS Process    

Spoiler

AOS Process  

September 8, 2017 : Mailed AOS Packet

September 16, 2017 : NOA1 text/emails (receive date Sept. 12)

October 2, 2017 : Biometrics Appointment

October 13, 2017 : RFIE letter received in mail (they want an English translated Birth Certificate, which we included in the original petition...)

January 24, 2018: EAD/AP Combo Card in hand

August 9, 2018: AOS Interview (Approved)

August 9, 2018: "Card in Production"

August 16, 2018: Green card in hand

May 2020: ROC!

Timeline
22 minutes ago, RJandHamid said:

Was there any mention by the CO of the visa approval or how long it will take? As others in the thread have said, Morocco is a difficult country to go through the spousal visa process in. If they did not keep your passport, it means they cannot add the visa inside it, so that means you would have to submit it to them at a later date which can take much time. Unfortunately no one can tell you how long you will be waiting. Morocco is known for having long periods of AP, and there isn't anything you can do to speed up the process.

i hop evrything goes well . i dont want to wait anymore but i know thats morocco is Loong AP periods . but i hop . cuz nothin i can do to speed up the process . pray is all wht i can do know

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.