Lane O

July 2017 Filers of I-130 for Parents of U.S Citizens

521 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-5 Country: United Kingdom
Timeline
1 hour ago, adar24 said:

Congratulations, MrsKhan. Did you get 2 separate case numbers for you and your husband from NVC? And 2 separate invoice numbers as well, right? I am assuming these are separate for each of you, but want to confirm. We are Sept filers, so following you all July filers. This forum is so useful. Thanks for your response in advance.

Yes we are 2 seperate cases. And we received 2 case numbers and 2 invoice numbers One for me and one for my husband. 

Hi, guys. I just called today and got my case number! I'm wondering what would be the next step after this? The NVC told me to wait for the email for the instructions. 

Timeline
18 minutes ago, A_Singh said:

Great! so are you going to do separate email processing for both those cases. 

ours is not email processing.  It's snail mail processing.

Hi guys, just an update. I was able to Pay AOS (120 USD) today but the IV Fee is still not available. 

Edited by Lane O

9 hours ago, Lane O said:

Hi guys, just an update. I was able to Pay AOS (120 USD) today but the IV Fee is still not available. 

Did you receive your welcome email? When was it? Im still waiting for my welcome letter .

NSC

NOA1: 03 JUL 2017

NOA2: 31 JAN 2018

NVC RECEIVED: FEB 15 2018

CASE #: MAR 21 2018

DS261: MAR 24 2018

AOS PAY: MAR 27 2018, "PAID" MAR 29 2018

IV PAY: MAR 29 2018

SD: APR 05 2018

CC: APR 17 2018

1 minute ago, Tkim said:

Did you receive your welcome email? When was it? Im still waiting for my welcome letter .

Yes I received it Friday night. 

9 minutes ago, MrsKhan said:

Got my case number on Thursday and still can't log in to fill the ds261

Did you get the welcome letter? 

I got mine Friday and I was able to fill the DS261 and pay for AOS

Timeline
1 hour ago, Lane O said:

Did you get the welcome letter? 

I got mine Friday and I was able to fill the DS261 and pay for AOS

No didn't receive anything

Just now, MrsKhan said:

No didn't receive anything

You gonna receive it this week for sure. 

It's a letter with the instructions, steps and other information. 

Hi all,

I've been "lurking" and watching replies from my email notifications but have not had a chance to really check in.

I know we were very close in timeline to a few other July filers, so I've been expecting ours to be moving along as some of yours now have. (I'm thrilled for you that have been waiting so patiently!)

We have not heard anything (received no case number yet, etc.) since NOA2, dated 1/31, which we received on 2/5.

Unfortunately, I am no longer in a hurry for the process to speed along. In fact, we're going to be "dragging our feet" now to make this take as long as possible, if we can.

A couple weeks before receiving our NOA2, my father-in-law (the beneficiary) went to the doctor for what we figured was the flu. A few days after receiving the NOA2, he was given a cancer diagnosis. He has had daily radiation and two chemo treatments over the past 2 weeks, and has continued radiation with three more chemo treatments coming up, and will be finished with treatments by mid-April.

After that, he will be given a 3-month hiatus for healing and recuperation, and if everything has progressed as it should, he will then undergo a pretty hefty surgery to remove the affected area (lower esophagus). Recovery time post-surgery is expected to be at least a couple / few months... up to a year, in some cases.

The good news is that the tumor itself is very small (described like the size of a pimple), and although it had spread to (only) one nearby lymph node, oncology suggests that they caught it in the very early stages and with the radiation / chemo / surgery plan, the prognosis is very good. So far, the treatments have not had any negative effects on FIL's overall health or well-being - he's extremely happy-go-lucky and, knock-on-wood, still feeling good, healthy and strong.

The bad news is that I have no idea how this will affect the immigration process.

I certainly don't want to "cancel" this petition and try again later, though I fear it may come to that if time limits are imposed and he's not fully recovered yet. From what I've read, it sounds like when the visa is issued by the consulate, it has a 6-month validity, and CAN be extended if requested in writing and with good reason. The struggle is usually having to re-do the medical, since that has a shorter validity. (Please correct me if I'm wrong.)

We are also very concerned about acquiring private medical insurance once he's here, of course. It's been a very rough couple months as we battle with the thought that, basically, if we can't get health insurance for him here, he wouldn't be able to come over at all. (He has, quite literally, no family left over there. My husband is his only child, and he lost his wife to cancer back in 2009. We love him so much. I don't even want to think about what it would mean if he can't come here.)

We were fully expecting, and prepared, to pay outrageous premiums - that was understood before any of this new cancer situation arose - but now it's going to be more the question of "pre-existing conditions" or whatnot and what sort of bearing that has on insurance companies actually accepting him for coverage. Admittedly, I don't know enough about that depth of health insurance yet... though I've been trying to wrap my head around options. I've heard both encouraging and discouraging information. And we can't make any moves at all until the treatment is complete and the outcome is apparent... obviously. It's kind of a nightmare right now, really.

If there is any silver lining to the situation, it is that I'm thankful this all came about BEFORE he came to the States for the simple reason that he has excellent health care in the Netherlands, and they have done a spectacular job of wasting zero time in treatment thus far. The hospital in Groningen actually called us internationally and had a 30-minute conference call after diagnosis to discuss treatment and answer all questions. We rest easy now knowing that he is in good hands at the moment. (Pardon me for saying so, but I would not expect such good care from our health care systems here in the USA, hence why we're glad this came about before the big immigration move.)

Anyway, to make this long story (sorry!) a little shorter, we are in a bit of limbo right now and unsure of our next steps or options, but for the moment, we have NOT received case number, invoices, etc. - and that is why we are not in a hurry for the time being, and why I have not checked in lately. (I will continue to post updates, though!)

All the best to you all!

AOS from Marriage on B2 ~ Full & Detailed Timeline in My Profile

• Married in Las Vegas - 5.11.11
  • Greencard received - 11.18.11
  • Removing of Conditions - package mailed 10.9.13
  • Greencard received - 1.23.14
  • Naturalization - package mailed 4.26.16
  • Oath ceremony - 3.28.17
  • Petition Alien Relative (Father Abroad) - package mailed 7.14.17
  • Check cashed - 7.21.17
  • NOA1 (I-797C receipt dated 7.18) received - 7.27.17
  • NOA2 (approval, dated 1.31) received - 2.5.18

Filed: IR-5 Timeline
7 hours ago, Maranda said:

Hi all,

I've been "lurking" and watching replies from my email notifications but have not had a chance to really check in.

I know we were very close in timeline to a few other July filers, so I've been expecting ours to be moving along as some of yours now have. (I'm thrilled for you that have been waiting so patiently!)

We have not heard anything (received no case number yet, etc.) since NOA2, dated 1/31, which we received on 2/5.

Unfortunately, I am no longer in a hurry for the process to speed along. In fact, we're going to be "dragging our feet" now to make this take as long as possible, if we can.

A couple weeks before receiving our NOA2, my father-in-law (the beneficiary) went to the doctor for what we figured was the flu. A few days after receiving the NOA2, he was given a cancer diagnosis. He has had daily radiation and two chemo treatments over the past 2 weeks, and has continued radiation with three more chemo treatments coming up, and will be finished with treatments by mid-April.

After that, he will be given a 3-month hiatus for healing and recuperation, and if everything has progressed as it should, he will then undergo a pretty hefty surgery to remove the affected area (lower esophagus). Recovery time post-surgery is expected to be at least a couple / few months... up to a year, in some cases.

The good news is that the tumor itself is very small (described like the size of a pimple), and although it had spread to (only) one nearby lymph node, oncology suggests that they caught it in the very early stages and with the radiation / chemo / surgery plan, the prognosis is very good. So far, the treatments have not had any negative effects on FIL's overall health or well-being - he's extremely happy-go-lucky and, knock-on-wood, still feeling good, healthy and strong.

The bad news is that I have no idea how this will affect the immigration process.

I certainly don't want to "cancel" this petition and try again later, though I fear it may come to that if time limits are imposed and he's not fully recovered yet. From what I've read, it sounds like when the visa is issued by the consulate, it has a 6-month validity, and CAN be extended if requested in writing and with good reason. The struggle is usually having to re-do the medical, since that has a shorter validity. (Please correct me if I'm wrong.)

We are also very concerned about acquiring private medical insurance once he's here, of course. It's been a very rough couple months as we battle with the thought that, basically, if we can't get health insurance for him here, he wouldn't be able to come over at all. (He has, quite literally, no family left over there. My husband is his only child, and he lost his wife to cancer back in 2009. We love him so much. I don't even want to think about what it would mean if he can't come here.)

We were fully expecting, and prepared, to pay outrageous premiums - that was understood before any of this new cancer situation arose - but now it's going to be more the question of "pre-existing conditions" or whatnot and what sort of bearing that has on insurance companies actually accepting him for coverage. Admittedly, I don't know enough about that depth of health insurance yet... though I've been trying to wrap my head around options. I've heard both encouraging and discouraging information. And we can't make any moves at all until the treatment is complete and the outcome is apparent... obviously. It's kind of a nightmare right now, really.

If there is any silver lining to the situation, it is that I'm thankful this all came about BEFORE he came to the States for the simple reason that he has excellent health care in the Netherlands, and they have done a spectacular job of wasting zero time in treatment thus far. The hospital in Groningen actually called us internationally and had a 30-minute conference call after diagnosis to discuss treatment and answer all questions. We rest easy now knowing that he is in good hands at the moment. (Pardon me for saying so, but I would not expect such good care from our health care systems here in the USA, hence why we're glad this came about before the big immigration move.)

Anyway, to make this long story (sorry!) a little shorter, we are in a bit of limbo right now and unsure of our next steps or options, but for the moment, we have NOT received case number, invoices, etc. - and that is why we are not in a hurry for the time being, and why I have not checked in lately. (I will continue to post updates, though!)

All the best to you all!

I am so sorry to hear about your FIL. It must be a really tough time as it is. To have to also worry about immigration and healthcare possibilities in the US is just unfortunate. Hope your FIL overcomes this challenging situation and feels better soon. You made a reference to "time limits". I am not entirely sure and haven't done much research on this, but it appears that you have one year from the time NVC notifies you for the processing. I have posted a link from another forum that speaks about this. Again, this will need to be confirmed either on State Dept site or by calling NVC, but hope this is helpful to get you started in researching the official time limits. Good luck! 

Oh and by the way, I think that any healthcare plan you purchase on healthcare marketplace setup by the ACA covers pre-existing. Again, I am not an expert, so you will need to confirm. If your state has a marketplace website, you can check the plans available. 

Edited by adar24

Filed: IR-5 Timeline

June filers at NVC stage: Hope you can help with a question. One of the documents required in the NVC stage is the Police Clearance Certificate. In India, this is obtained from the Passport office and the beneficiary (mom/dad) have to provide proof of an immigration application filed on their behalf. The NOA2 will suffice for that, I think. But question is whether mom/dad will need the original NOA2 or a photocopy will do? Anyone with experience with this?

Timeline
13 hours ago, Lane O said:

You gonna receive it this week for sure. 

It's a letter with the instructions, steps and other information. 

I was able to log in and fill out form ds261 just now.  But I didn't receive any welcome  letter yet. Did you receive by mail or email?

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.