Ana&Matt

161 days Waiting for NOA2

27 posts in this topic

Filed: Lift. Cond. (apr) Country: Spain
Timeline

Hello!
I'm sure someone here will be able to help me or give some light in our situation.
We filed our K1 Visa on Jan, the receiving date is 1st of Feb, 161 days waiting and no news.

We called USCIS multiple times and did not get any information from Tier 2. We wrote the congressman and his answer was that he will look into it (that was last week) and nothing since then.

My plan was traveling first week of Sept. But at this point we are not even sure if that will be possible. My fiance is really stressed out about all the situation and we are in panic mode. We can not plan or organized anything until we have the NOA2... but, here is the big question, can they deny the visa to me in this step?? 

What are our options?

Thanks so much!!!!

3 hours ago, anajabonero said:

Hello!
I'm sure someone here will be able to help me or give some light in our situation.
We filed our K1 Visa on Jan, the receiving date is 1st of Feb, 161 days waiting and no news.

We called USCIS multiple times and did not get any information from Tier 2. We wrote the congressman and his answer was that he will look into it (that was last week) and nothing since then.

My plan was traveling first week of Sept. But at this point we are not even sure if that will be possible. My fiance is really stressed out about all the situation and we are in panic mode. We can not plan or organized anything until we have the NOA2... but, here is the big question, can they deny the visa to me in this step?? 

What are our options?

Thanks so much!!!!

You can also send an inquiry via this web address:  https://egov.uscis.gov/e-Request/Intro.do

other option is to keep calling them or wait until you hear a answer from USCIS.  Best wishes on your case and hope that you will hear something soon from USCIS.

Sorry to hear about your wait. But it has been 209 days for me and still have got no answers. Called them many times and have multiple congressional inquires. I am waiting for answers on the second inquiry with them. So I feel your pain.

Timeline
13 hours ago, tritruong85 said:

Sorry to hear about your wait. But it has been 209 days for me and still have got no answers. Called them many times and have multiple congressional inquires. I am waiting for answers on the second inquiry with them. So I feel your pain.

WOW! I'm so sorry to hear.
Once you are outside of the "normal processing time" BS, which answer did they gave you??

8 hours ago, anajabonero said:

WOW! I'm so sorry to hear.
Once you are outside of the "normal processing time" BS, which answer did they gave you??

The first inquiry came back with "your petition is withing processing timeline", which was not right because the cut off date was the 15th. Mine was received on the 14th. But anyways after that first response I had to wait 30 days after the response to request another inquiry. Haven't heard anything yet, and I have to wait a full 30 days before I can request another one. I got spoke to a tier 2 officer once and she told me some cases take longer than others. So no concrete answers what so ever

Timeline
2 minutes ago, tritruong85 said:

The first inquiry came back with "your petition is withing processing timeline", which was not right because the cut off date was the 15th. Mine was received on the 14th. But anyways after that first response I had to wait 30 days after the response to request another inquiry. Haven't heard anything yet, and I have to wait a full 30 days before I can request another one. I got spoke to a tier 2 officer once and she told me some cases take longer than others. So no concrete answers what so ever

That's just so unfair!! I'm really sorry!

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Morocco
Timeline
Just now, tritruong85 said:

Hang in there. I finally got an email back about my 2nd inquiry at noon today. It said they have mailed out my approval on 7/11/2017. I am so relieved. So hang in there, and yours will eventually come. Hopefully sooner rather than later.

That's great! Finally! :D

If you are going through the visa process and will be interviewing in Casablanca, Morocco, join us over at the

US-Morocco Visa Discussion Facebook Group! :) 

K1 Visa Process                                                                                                   

Spoiler

December 19, 2016: NOA1 receive date 

May 5, 2017: NOA2 hardcopy (still listed as 'received' online...)

May 23, 2017: NVC case number assigned

July 10, 2017: Interview
July 14, 2017: Visa in hand
July 27, 2017: POE at ORD

August 5, 2017: Married!

AOS Process    

Spoiler

AOS Process  

September 8, 2017 : Mailed AOS Packet

September 16, 2017 : NOA1 text/emails (receive date Sept. 12)

October 2, 2017 : Biometrics Appointment

October 13, 2017 : RFIE letter received in mail (they want an English translated Birth Certificate, which we included in the original petition...)

January 24, 2018: EAD/AP Combo Card in hand

August 9, 2018: AOS Interview (Approved)

August 9, 2018: "Card in Production"

August 16, 2018: Green card in hand

May 2020: ROC!

Just now, RJandHamid said:

That's great! Finally! :D

Yeah. I am so glad. Although the case tracker on the website still shows as only received. So maybe they have already approved yours but you just havent gotten it in the mail yet.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline
On 7/12/2017 at 11:01 AM, tritruong85 said:

ok that's nearly 5 and 1/2 months. You are beyond the standard time frame.

1.) Is your case with CSC or transferred to Vermont?

2.) Do you have any criminal record?

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline
On 7/13/2017 at 8:51 AM, tritruong85 said:

I got spoke to a tier 2 officer once and she told me some cases take longer than others

Um..I would have lost my $hit at this point.

Really? some take longer? wow Brilliant response...uggg:protest:

I'm so sorry it's taking so long for you with no answers. very frustrating on the other hand unless they completely lost your case then your should be approved VERY soon.

2 hours ago, LabOz said:

ok that's nearly 5 and 1/2 months. You are beyond the standard time frame.

1.) Is your case with CSC or transferred to Vermont?

2.) Do you have any criminal record?

No it wasnt transfered and no I dont have a criminal record. Only had one speeding ticket it my life.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Indonesia
Timeline

We are January filer but want to put a light of hope to those who are still waiting for NOA2. Just want to inform you that finally today at 1:00pm, July 14th my fiance received an email from USCIS. It's written like this:

On 06/28/2017, you contacted USCIS concerning your I-129F to notify us that you believe your case is outside of our normal processing time. Below is a summary of what we found and how the issue has been or may be resolved.
Your case is currently being adjudicated. You should receive a notice of action* within 45 days.
*A notice of action may be in a form of Approval Notice, Denial Notice, Transfer Notice , Request for Evidence, or Notice of Intent to Deny.
We hope this information is helpful and appreciate your continued patience

____

An hour later, at 1:50pm my fiance received another email from USCIS. It's written an they mailed Request of an Additional Evidence.

I know it sounds crazy, knowing that they just touched our case today after we have been waiting for 176 days (6 months). I thought that our file is lost and we will not received anything. In the other side, I feel grateful now, knowing that they finally touched our file. 

For all of you who still waiting of NOA2, i can't say to be patient because i can't be patient as well (it's hard even though i tried). Just accept the situation and keep trying to contact them once or twice in a month, and then just waiting and waiting and waiting.. And then send an online inquiry when it's outside normal processing time. It takes two weeks for them to reply our online inquiry (we sent online inquiry through their website on June 28th). Everything will takes process. Everything happens for a reason. I wish you all will hear something from them soon.

NJ

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.