PedroDaGr8

July 2017 AOS Fillers

2,071 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Ghana
Timeline
4 minutes ago, venom123 said:

Yup I know, I doubt I'll get it by Oct 16 which is why I'm asking.

What would you recommend I do in order to get the EAD as fast as I can? 

Use your job offer to file an expedite request.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Greece
Timeline
5 minutes ago, venom123 said:

Yup I know, I doubt I'll get it by Oct 16 which is why I'm asking.

What would you recommend I do in order to get the EAD as fast as I can? 

If they can give you a job offer, you will get EAD fast. 

21 minutes ago, Ehri&Mark said:

I was just reading your reply when I thought of checking my email to check my mails for today (informed delivery) and I saw I got this coming today. Can this be an EAD card? I hope so!

0AED9252-9E44-40CB-9746-FFC12187A120.jpeg

That is your card congratulations 

Filed: Other Country: United Kingdom
Timeline
17 minutes ago, Athens said:

If they can give you a job offer, you will get EAD fast. 

That is your card congratulations 

Awesome, I don't have informed delivery, but maybe mines in the mail too since we applied around the same time :o

Don't think I can get informed delivery because I'm not the home owner. 

Edited by venom123

AOS from Visa Waiver:                                                                                                                        

04/01/16....Met online playing Dota 2 

01/20/17....POE Chicago (Visa Waiver - Visitor)

06/27/17....Marriage at courthouse, IL 

07/11/17....AOS mailed 1.45pm  - I-130, I-130a, I-131, I-485, I-765, I-864 X2 (for wife and joint sponsor) - Day 0

07/12/17....AOS Packet arrived at Chicago Lockbox - Day 1

07/19/17....NOA 1 Email/Texts received 11.23pm - Day 8

07/22/17....NOA 1 physical copies arrived  - Day 11

10/17/17....We Have Ordered your new card (EAD)   - Day 98

10/19/17....Card Mailed! (EAD) - Day 100

01/12/18....Scheduled For Interview (EAD) - Day 185

02/13/18....Interviewed and Approved for 2 Year GC! :jest:   - Day 217

02/14/18....We have Ordered your new card (2 Year GC)!  - Day 218

02/15/18....Card Mailed (2 Year GC)!  - Day 219

Was a stressful journey full of ups and downs, cya in 2020 VJ. I'll be back when it's time to begin the dreaded I-751. Biggest advice - make sure you have a TON of evidence, be completely honest and you'll be fine. Good luck everyone! =)

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline

Hubby received his EAD and AP approval letter in the mail today. We are so excited. He has his resume ready to send to anywhere that's willing to hire him at this point, since he's still waiting for his degree from the university he attended in Jamaica. Hoping he gets the combo card in the mail by the end of the week.

FYI: There hasn't been any update(s) on our USCIS profile or phone app (status still states case received for EAD and AP) . We did make a service request on day 78, we received a generic response stating we would receive a reply by October 3rd, we never heard back. 

K-1 VISA

10/14/16-1-129F application mailed to Dallas, TX

10/21/16-NOA1 via text and email

10/31/16-NOA1 hard copy received, name misspelled, contacted USCIS

11/09/16-NOA2. Received text stating case was updated. Checked USCIS website, case listed as approved

12/07/16-NVC case number received

12/08/16-CEAC status: READY

01/25/17-Medical completed

02/21/17-Interview-approved pending medical 

03/02/17-Visa issued

03/09/17-Visa in hand

05/12/17-POE-Atlanta

06/17/17-Wedding 

AOS

07/01/17-AOS, EAD, and AP application mailed to Chicago, IL via USPS

07/05/17-Packet delivered

07/19/17-3 text/email for AOS, EAD, and AP

07/24/17-NOA1 Hardcopy of AOS,EAD,AP received in mail

07/28/17-Received biometrics appointment letter

08/10/17-Biometrics appointment-completed for AOS & EAD

10/04/17-EAD/AP approved

10/10/17-Received approval letter for EAD/AP 

10/13/17-Received EAD/AP card in mail

03/12/18-Green card interview. Approved on the spot

03/17/18-Received green card in the mail.  

Timeline
8 minutes ago, venom123 said:

Awesome, I don't have informed delivery, but maybe mines in the mail too since we applied around the same time :o

Don't think I can get informed delivery because I'm not the home owner. 

You can get inform delivery. If they can not confirm your identity online, you will have to go to one of the USPS office listed for in person validation and get it validated with either your driver license or lease agreement for prove of residence. Or your spouse who is USC can do it and have it validated immediately without going to USPS office. 

Timeline
3 minutes ago, Tracy-Tonia said:

Hubby received his EAD and AP approval letter in the mail today. We are so excited. He has his resume ready to send to anywhere that's willing to hire him at this point, since he's still waiting for his degree from the university he attended in Jamaica. Hoping he gets the combo card in the mail by the end of the week.

FYI: There hasn't been any update(s) on our USCIS profile or phone app (status still states case received for EAD and AP) . We did make a service request on day 78, we received a generic response stating we would receive a reply by October 3rd, we never heard back. 

Congratulations 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline
5 minutes ago, Athens said:

Congratulations 

Thank you!!! 

K-1 VISA

10/14/16-1-129F application mailed to Dallas, TX

10/21/16-NOA1 via text and email

10/31/16-NOA1 hard copy received, name misspelled, contacted USCIS

11/09/16-NOA2. Received text stating case was updated. Checked USCIS website, case listed as approved

12/07/16-NVC case number received

12/08/16-CEAC status: READY

01/25/17-Medical completed

02/21/17-Interview-approved pending medical 

03/02/17-Visa issued

03/09/17-Visa in hand

05/12/17-POE-Atlanta

06/17/17-Wedding 

AOS

07/01/17-AOS, EAD, and AP application mailed to Chicago, IL via USPS

07/05/17-Packet delivered

07/19/17-3 text/email for AOS, EAD, and AP

07/24/17-NOA1 Hardcopy of AOS,EAD,AP received in mail

07/28/17-Received biometrics appointment letter

08/10/17-Biometrics appointment-completed for AOS & EAD

10/04/17-EAD/AP approved

10/10/17-Received approval letter for EAD/AP 

10/13/17-Received EAD/AP card in mail

03/12/18-Green card interview. Approved on the spot

03/17/18-Received green card in the mail.  

19 minutes ago, Ehri&Mark said:

Just got the mail and I guess it is an RIE for my I-485. What a bummer. Will update what happens next.

Is it an RFIE or RFE

"Let us not seek the Republican answer or the Democratic answer, but the right answer. Let us not seek to fix the blame for the past. Let us accept our own responsibility for the future." - John F. Kennedy

1 hour ago, Ehri&Mark said:

Sorry, it’s an RFIE, Request for Initial Evidence.

What was it for, did you find out? 

"Let us not seek the Republican answer or the Democratic answer, but the right answer. Let us not seek to fix the blame for the past. Let us accept our own responsibility for the future." - John F. Kennedy

Timeline
1 hour ago, Ehri&Mark said:

Sorry, it’s an RFIE, Request for Initial Evidence.

Sorry about that. I hope once you respond back, they will send your EAD immediately. Who knows what I will receive in a week or so, to come. I hope no Rfe or rfie since my I-485 is ready to be scheduled for interview. 

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Philippines
Timeline
50 minutes ago, Adam&Allison said:

What was it for, did you find out? 

Yeah, it says my husband’s income didn’t meet the poverty guidelines. It can be too that although we did put our assets amount on the I-864, we didn’t include any proof. That was kinda stupid on our part.

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Philippines
Timeline
4 minutes ago, Athens said:

Sorry about that. I hope once you respond back, they will send your EAD immediately. Who knows what I will receive in a week or so, to come. I hope no Rfe or rfie since my I-485 is ready to be scheduled for interview. 

Thank you! Will the EAD be affected if I only got RFIE for AOS? Congratulations to you. One thing that kinda pisses me off is it took them 90 days to ask for “initial” evidence. I just hope when we send the evidence back then it will be just a smooth process from then on. 

Edited by Ehri&Mark

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.